Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2017, 22:23   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Got my May 2016 Brezza updated with the latest software 1750 today. It supports Android Auto perfectly unlike 1740 wherein the screen used to go blank when someone called. Detailed testing tomorrow.

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20171209_221736.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20171209_221801.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img20171209wa0096.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img20171209wa0095.jpg
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 09:08   #182
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
For everyone concerned, a circular was released yesterday that asks the service centers to update all vehicles which fall in below mentioned criteria to be updated with Android Auto version 1750.
The circular does not mention Baleno RS. Any further information on this? Thanks.
Old 10th December 2017, 13:24   #183
VMC
BHPian

I got my baleno updated with 1750.2 yesterday. As of now no issues seen and android auto works flawlessly. It is a two step process. First flash fails at 85% (if I am not wrong) and second time it goes till 100% and completes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
The circular does not mention Baleno RS. Any further information on this? Thanks.
AFAIK, it is applicable. Contact your service manager directly and get this confirmed. older balenos that come for service are being updated irrespective of the owner asking for this. Easier to manage this way for service centre than asking each every car to come specifically for update.

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2017 at 17:48. Reason: Merging back to back posts
VMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 07:20   #184
BHPian

Quote:
My VIN does fall within the range mentioned so the update is applicable for the RS as well. Will be going to get it updated today.

Last edited by ROG_AK : 11th December 2017 at 07:22.
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 14:41   #185
BHPian

Quote:
The Head Unit in Baleno Alpha and RS is the same! So I'm pretty sure you can get it updated too.
Old 11th December 2017, 14:51   #186
BHPian

Got my RS updated, everything is working great. As mentioned earlier the update fails the first time at 75% and completes the second time around. Took about 30 minutes.
I do feel that the older interface was slightly smoother and the audio volume (at the same volume of course) while streaming has reduced slightly. Great to finally have Android Auto though!
Old 11th December 2017, 16:22   #187
BHPian

Finally! Seven months after the car, i get AA. Although i can imagine myself using it for just navigation (and that is a huge boon.) For music, i am still a bit old fashion: must have music on pen drive and in 320kbps mp3 format.
Old 11th December 2017, 19:26   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

After using it yesterday over a distance of 200kms, I can say it's really great. It works like a charm, calls, msgs and Whatsapp is very easy to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
Finally! Seven months after the car, i get AA. Although i can imagine myself using it for just navigation (and that is a huge boon.) For music, i am still a bit old fashion: must have music on pen drive and in 320kbps mp3 format.
If you plan to use a pen drive while using Android Auto, it won't be possible as there is only 1 USB port. With using Google maps, the onboard navigation becomes useless. What I've done is to use a 32GB SD card loaded with songs and play it while on the move. The navigation SD card can be stored for future use when required.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 11th December 2017 at 19:28.
Old 12th December 2017, 09:52   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I've done is to use a 32GB SD card loaded with songs and play it while on the move. The navigation SD card can be stored for future use when required.
Never knew we could play MP3 from SD card when inserted into the slot meant for maps. so which 'source' would you choose to play the files?
I now use 'rocketplayer' to play songs in Android auto mode. Much better interface than google play music. Also supports folder play which Google play doesn't.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 10:15   #190
BHPian

Quote:
After using it yesterday over a distance of 200kms, I can say it's really great. It works like a charm, calls, msgs and Whatsapp is very easy to use.

If you plan to use a pen drive while using Android Auto, it won't be possible as there is only 1 USB port. With using Google maps, the onboard navigation becomes useless. What I've done is to use a 32GB SD card loaded with songs and play it while on the move. The navigation SD card can be stored for future use when required.
That is definitely a good idea. I too did not know that the SD card ca be used for media. However, its not everyday that you need AA so shifting between AA and pendrive would not be such a hassle, for me at least.

And performance of the SD card = Pendrive?

Cheers
Old 12th December 2017, 10:52   #191
BHPian

Yesterday, I have updated AA in my 2015 Ciaz RS.
Happy to see Google Maps on 7" screen . Yet to test other features.
Old 12th December 2017, 11:01   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Never knew we could play MP3 from SD card when inserted into the slot meant for maps. so which 'source' would you choose to play the files?
There is an option of SD card in the first quadrant. Use that for selecting songs.

Quote:

And performance of the SD card = Pendrive?

Cheers
I've found sound quality to be better with SD card than pen drive. You can check yourself.

I've been using this setup since the time I updated to 1740. As it is, the onboard navigation system was not of much help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_rodie View Post
Same here. I am planning to use USB Hub.
USB hub might not work. I had tried it initially but it didn't work. Do let us know if it works.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 12th December 2017 at 11:26.
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 11:02   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Old 12th December 2017, 11:41   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_rodie View Post
As already mentioned by BoneCollector, a hub might not work. Mainly because of the limited bandwidth of USB 2.0 along with the higher bandwidth requirements of both AA and music. Come to think of it, i have read AA is quite sensitive to let alone sharing USB port but also the type/quality of USB cable used.
Old 12th December 2017, 13:46   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. Come to think of it, i have read AA is quite sensitive to let alone sharing USB port but also the type/quality of USB cable used.
You are correct about it. The Android Auto will not work with any cable. I have a Moto X Play but the cable in car was a regular one which could charge the phone. When it was connected to the system, AA could not detect it. Then I used it's genuine cable and it worked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks