Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2018, 22:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hello! I recently installed Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my car and while android auto worked without a hitch, I am unable to use Carplay.

I have an iphone 7 plus with the latest IOS update intalled and when I plug it into the unit, it detects my iphone and I see the carplay icon but appears dimmed and doesn't work. Can anyone guide me whats the issue here?

Secondly, is there a way I can stop the system from booting up every time I start the car. As I turn the key to battery on position the system starts booting up and as soon as I twitch the key further to fire the engine, the system goes off momentarily and starts to boot again. I understand why this happens, but want to know 1) Does it anyway impact the longevity of the system, harms the software etc? 2) Is there a way to solve this ?

Thanks.
Can you tell me if there was any particular step taken during installation to enable android auto as I haven't been able to get it working on my honor 6x and Lenovo K6 power connected to the HU. I always get the message "to use android auto please park your car and check your android phone "
Old 25th July 2018, 22:33   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Can you tell me if there was any particular step taken during installation to enable android auto as I haven't been able to get it working on my honor 6x and Lenovo K6 power connected to the HU. I always get the message "to use android auto please park your car and check your android phone "
Yes the first time I connected an android phone, I too got the same message. Thereafter I just followed the steps on the mobile. I don’t remember exactly, but it installed a few apps and then I had to give consent to connect to android auto. But it all happened very quickly - not more than 5 mins. I was using a Redmi phone.
Old 17th August 2018, 14:07   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Just got the Pioneer AVH-Z5190BT installed and yet to discover its features.

More will follow as I uncover its features.
Hi! I am planning to buy the Pioneer Z5190BT for my Fortuner too. I see that you are from Bangalore. Wanted to understand where did you pick it from and what was the cost, if you don't mind.

Also, if you do have steering controls in your car, does it work directly, as the system has some "Learning Steering Wheel Control" system in it? Another question is about the panel, is it detachable?

Thanks!
Old 31st August 2018, 00:41   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
The problem is that there is an ugly gap between the unit & the facia adapter. The unit also projects about 1 cm from the fascia.

1. Did you find any solution to bridge the gap ?

2. I saw moisture entering the display when the left center blower is kept low and fan speed at 2. Did you see this issue on Jazz ?
Old 31st August 2018, 07:47   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
1. Did you find any solution to bridge the gap ?

2. I saw moisture entering the display when the left center blower is kept low and fan speed at 2. Did you see this issue on Jazz ?
They put some kind of bezel - not very happy but serviceable

I have not had a moisture issue in the display. Think you have a problem.
Old 31st August 2018, 11:34   #96
BHPian

Quick question related to AVH-5090BT - Owners, please clarify.

Do the buttons on the headunit vibrate when the vehicle is driven over pot holes (or) lane markings?

Also, the buttons make some noise when I gently tap the headunit! Is the build quality that bad?
Old 18th September 2018, 13:54   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Quick question related to AVH-5090BT - Owners, please clarify.

Do the buttons on the headunit vibrate when the vehicle is driven over pot holes (or) lane markings?

Also, the buttons make some noise when I gently tap the headunit! Is the build quality that bad?

No, it wont vibrate when going over our roads (read potholes). No noise too. May be you got a lemon. it may be some extra ply...leave it at that.
Old 19th September 2018, 13:50   #98
kdp
BHPian

Carplay with ios12

Hi,

could anyone share if carplay with ios12 is working with the Z5090. some early versions of the beta were working, but when i checked with final IOS update, its not coming up as an option. iPod mode and appradio are working as before. and android auto is working fine. I have firmware 8.36

I am wondering if its a firmware issue or something else. any feedback would be welcome.

thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 16:18   #99
BHPian

Re: Carplay with ios12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
Hi,

could anyone share if carplay with ios12 is working with the Z5090. some early versions of the beta were working, but when i checked with final IOS update, its not coming up as an option. iPod mode and appradio are working as before. and android auto is working fine. I have firmware 8.36

I am wondering if its a firmware issue or something else. any feedback would be welcome.

thanks
Works perfectly. Update Google Maps to 5.0. There are few threads in T-BHP running on the same topic. Update your AppRadio too. Also, scroll to the next page in CarPlay, if there are more than 8 icons.
Old 28th September 2018, 18:09   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
No, it wont vibrate when going over our roads (read potholes). No noise too. May be you got a lemon. it may be some extra ply...leave it at that.
Got the Player and the facia checked by the installer. Looks like he had used a thin metal plate around the facia to ensure the gap between the headunit and the facia is masked.

The culprit was that "Metal plate". He has now stuck the plate with 3M stickers and the rattling from the headunit has now been completely arrested
Old 7th October 2018, 11:50   #101
BHPian

Have been using the Pioneer AVH-Z7050BT for over an year and I always wanted to be able to use Amazon PRIME as me and my wife watch allot of series on the said platform. Was looking for a solution to atleast be able to mirror the phone and finally, found a solution. This solution needs a ROOTED android phone. Followed the steps as per one of my friend who has done the same on 2018 Hyundai Verna HU and some assistance from the video,

At my end,
Attached Thumbnails
Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City-whatsapp-image-20181006-9.23.38-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Vinodh_Gowda : 7th October 2018 at 11:56.
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 23:30   #102
BHPian

Hey guys
Recently got myself a pre owned Vento 2011 Highline MT. The HU is stock which just has a CD player and FM.
Want to upgrade it and the budget is 10k. Just did a market visit and narrowed down on Pioneer A209 - VBT. The dealer is giving me at a price of 11.5 k. Is it a good decision or are there better options than this?
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:16   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Works perfectly. Update Google Maps to 5.0. There are few threads in T-BHP running on the same topic. Update your AppRadio too. Also, scroll to the next page in CarPlay, if there are more than 8 icons.
Hi bsdbsd,
Thanks for this thread. Am thinking about changing my audio system in the City. The stock system is very archaic. Have a few questions:

a) Does the system sit flush with the dashboard panels? Does it give factory fit? Did you use any aftermarket panel to accommodate the system?

b) Did it work well with the steering controls or did you need any adapter?

c) Do the provided USB ports work well with the Z5090BT.

Many thanks,
~m
Old 22nd January 2019, 15:41   #104
Senior - BHPian

This head unit & the Samsung Note 9 on Android Pie do not play well together. The maps is always in night mode. Android Auto is generally flaky

Any one else face the same issues?

I am on 8.35 version of the software on the Headunit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
Hi bsdbsd,
Thanks for this thread. Am thinking about changing my audio system in the City. The stock system is very archaic. Have a few questions:

a) Does the system sit flush with the dashboard panels? Does it give factory fit? Did you use any aftermarket panel to accommodate the system?

Many thanks,
~m
Answers:

a. No. It is distinctly after market
b. You have to use an adapter to get the steering wheel controls to work. On the Jazz, the steering wheel controls are basic. Only vol + & - and next/ prev track. You can answer & hangup calls but cant initiate the call from the wheel.
You can probably skip this.
c. Yes. There is one port only. The 2nd port is used up for something. You need a separate cable to connect to the OEM port. If you dont mind it crudely hanging around in your glove box, this is not needed

Also, ditch the Aux cable. I have not used it at all until now!
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 17:15   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
Hi bsdbsd,

Many thanks,
~m
See the reply above from /u/Sridhu. All the answers are on the mark.

a. Forget factory fit. It wont even sit flush with the aftermarket panel too. Its like fitting a square peg in round hole. But you will get used to it after sometime.
b. You do need an adapter, though the inbuilt settings has a setting for Japanese cars. In my case, my installer messed up the adapter too. To this day, the steering control has not worked, but it should not be so in your case.
c. There is only one USB port, and it works very well.

There must be some new models in the market now. Why are you aiming for 5090BT? I suggest you to buy something with a capacitive screen. Check out some Sony models that are retailing for 25k or less, with a knob for volume control. 5090BT has a sharp, thin bar for a volume control.

https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/i...ers/xav-ax3000

Last edited by bsdbsd : 22nd January 2019 at 17:17. Reason: Grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks