Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 23:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Well Nothing wrong with Panasonic as such. I havent seen one with good built quality.
Build quality ??? are you a palio fan ? i dont know whats build quality in a HU? i presume you are talking about the looks ??
Old 5th April 2007, 23:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Build quality ??? are you a palio fan ? i dont know whats build quality in a HU? i presume you are talking about the looks ??
Uh, Head Unit build quality does matter a bit, but I dont know the parameters for somebodystopme's assessment of the same.
Old 6th April 2007, 14:37   #18
BHPian

I got the 6950IB for 8300/- a month ago without B&W.

Its a fine HU.
Old 6th April 2007, 20:31   #19
BHPian

Well i wrote before havent cme across many panasonic hu's bt the one i saw was like very fragile. Loose faceplate, Felt like it will break down if i press a button.. And the owner of tht HU said that its made of poor built quality(Chinese) thats why it has turned into junk in 1 year of use.

I will always buy an HU with good life. Thus am not considering Panasonic for my new HU. I guess i'll do some research on new models.

And ya I am Palio fan, Was Opel fan too. And latest is SRV..

Last edited by somebodystopme : 6th April 2007 at 20:33.
Old 7th April 2007, 00:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

also the panasonic HU i have seen a bit flashy type but the sound was a bit on the bright side ........
Old 7th April 2007, 11:18   #21
BHPian

i had a national panasonic around 12 years back in my car ( yeah that old - unfortunately some thieves got the better of it) . It had amazing sound and some very advanced features such as dolby NR etc. It was not a very great looker but was supposed to be one of the best of it times.However I dont know the repute of the brand now . I personally prefer Pioneer/ Sony. I know a guy in delhi who sells grey market models . He told me in mp3 car stereo segment , if u want to go for solid bass as well as high treble , one should go for Pioneer, but if u want clarity one should go for sony. Can anybody please clarify whether the above is true
Old 7th April 2007, 20:47   #22
BHPian

It is hard to tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
i had a national panasonic around 12 years back in my car ( yeah that old - unfortunately some thieves got the better of it) . It had amazing sound and some very advanced features such as dolby NR etc. It was not a very great looker but was supposed to be one of the best of it times.However I dont know the repute of the brand now . I personally prefer Pioneer/ Sony. I know a guy in delhi who sells grey market models . He told me in mp3 car stereo segment , if u want to go for solid bass as well as high treble , one should go for Pioneer, but if u want clarity one should go for sony. Can anybody please clarify whether the above is true
It is very hard to tell which one is better. But there is a popular belief among car audiophiles that alpine is the best, then blaunpunkt, then pioneer and no sony.

But alpine these ddays are underpowered (only 18 rms) they have to be supplimented by amps. Then blkt it is good , pioneer is ok if you go with higher end models.

Some people say that JVC is also good, but now people are interested in making noise out of their systems rather than music. As a result hu makers also make sets having this in their mind. So it is becoming more and more difficult for true audiolphiles to find a good system. I am also in search of a system in which we can distinguish CD s' sound with mp3 s'. If you find a system pls put to my notice.
Old 7th April 2007, 21:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
It is very hard to tell which one is better. But there is a popular belief among car audiophiles that alpine is the best, then blaunpunkt, then pioneer and no sony.

But alpine these ddays are underpowered (only 18 rms) they have to be supplimented by amps. Then blkt it is good , pioneer is ok if you go with higher end models.

Some people say that JVC is also good, but now people are interested in making noise out of their systems rather than music. As a result hu makers also make sets having this in their mind. So it is becoming more and more difficult for true audiolphiles to find a good system. I am also in search of a system in which we can distinguish CD s' sound with mp3 s'. If you find a system pls put to my notice.
Hmm , u mentioned that higher end models of pionner are good . I was thinking of going for a 6950 or a 7950UB ! How is the performance of the same. Anyway i went to my local maruti dealer and got a shock, the sales lady there said that if u put car audio other than sony/nippon(????), sold by them obviously,the electric warranty on the car goes kaput !! What the he** ??
Old 8th April 2007, 00:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

for this higher model pioneer and alpine.........are the way to go...and some denon,clarion and kenwood are also making some nice HU....
Old 8th April 2007, 12:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

My friend has a Alpine 9856 that he purchased and never used. Selling for around 13k too steep for me, Guess im stuck with pioneer
Old 8th May 2007, 16:29   #26
BHPian

Today I went to a car dealer here in Gurgaon to get the prices of Pioneer 6850. He said that this product is end of life and Pioneer has now introduced -Pioneer 6950, which has almost same features as 6850 had. He offered 6950 for around 7k. I also asked for JBL component speakers & wiring kit and they were 3600 and 450 respectively..............Doesn't sound logical, does it?
Old 8th May 2007, 20:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlather View Post
Today I went to a car dealer here in Gurgaon to get the prices of Pioneer 6850. He said that this product is end of life and Pioneer has now introduced -Pioneer 6950, which has almost same features as 6850 had. He offered 6950 for around 7k. I also asked for JBL component speakers & wiring kit and they were 3600 and 450 respectively..............Doesn't sound logical, does it?
Yep. The 6950 is the 2007 model. 7K sounds pretty good.

What model are the comps? What size? (5.25"? 6.5"? GTO series or CS series?).

JBL wiring kit for 450/-? FAKE ALERT!!! Those fake kits show up again!!!
Old 8th May 2007, 21:27   #28
BHPian

Hi Hydrashok,
I did ask the dealer about the wiring kit and he was ready to provide original bill for it.......Not sure whats the catch.
Comps were GTO Series. I guess size was 6.5 but not sure.
Can someone tell me the price of both GTO 5.25" and 6.5"
Old 8th May 2007, 22:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlather View Post
Hi Hydrashok,
I did ask the dealer about the wiring kit and he was ready to provide original bill for it.......Not sure whats the catch.
Comps were GTO Series. I guess size was 6.5 but not sure.
Can someone tell me the price of both GTO 5.25" and 6.5"
He's giving you a fake bill too... stay away from fakes... Where in Gurgaon is this installer

Last edited by gunbir : 8th May 2007 at 22:02.
Old 8th May 2007, 22:02   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Yep. The 6950 is the 2007 model. 7K sounds pretty good.

What model are the comps? What size? (5.25"? 6.5"? GTO series or CS series?).

JBL wiring kit for 450/-? FAKE ALERT!!! Those fake kits show up again!!!

6950 for 7K sounds too low to me. I had bought the 6850 for 9K ( without B/W) in Oct06. Its no doubt grey but even for grey, it sounds way too low.

@Rlather, there is no such thing as JBL Wiring, anything being offered in that name should be ignored.

Also, is the JBL comps price so low? I thought they were in the range of 5.5K to 6.5K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks