Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 08:41   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Hi Gunbir, nice pics. Just one question on the installation of three way in a Santro. Have you mounted the mid-range on the stock 4" location? If yes then wouldn't it be firing in a direction perpendicular to the direction of the mid-bass and the tweeter? How have you managed to set the sound stage with this?
By playing around with acoustic phase.
Old 19th September 2007, 09:08   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
And what be that in layman terms?
Old 19th September 2007, 11:43   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Custom interiors for SK by Patel Auto...

I'll the the first to say that I'm a nitpicking SOB, but I'd really like the puckering on the front left door, top white panel to be smoothened out. As for the audio install, you guys are so clean as to be almost called sterile
Old 19th September 2007, 12:19   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Navin Ji I never said that tru-rainbow is a bad combo and in this world only Steg and DLS is the best combo.
Inever said you did. All I said is that both setups use good components and both users are happy with their individual setups. Since there are no absolutes in audio/music why all the hungama?
Old 19th September 2007, 12:22   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the tweeter is quite off axis in fact wont the listener's knees interfere?
Old 19th September 2007, 18:47   #81
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Enough of the "hungama" guys. Recent posts have been deleted.

Please stick to the topic!
Old 19th September 2007, 22:48   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
And what be that in layman terms?
Sir I am with you on this, as I could not understand how it is done ?
Old 20th September 2007, 02:38   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
the tweeter is quite off axis in fact wont the listener's knees interfere?
There is no problems in installing the tweeters in the kickpanel until and unless they have dedicated waveguide or loaded by horn.

Tweeters have good of axis response and generally should be avoided on axis as it can lead to beaming and secondary reflections off the windscreen, dashboard and plastic panels especially metal domes.

In case of SK's santro the tweeters are metal domes which has a high output and there is not much flexibility on the passive network for attenuation and also the crossover slopes are third order.

Thats why they are mounted on the kickpanels as the carpet provides good absorption. They are absolutely clear of the obstructions and sounded the best in the finalised location.

Soundstage is wide and deep with excellent imaging. Rest SK will describe

Last edited by Autophile : 20th September 2007 at 02:39.
Old 20th September 2007, 20:04   #84
BHPian

Quote:
But what SK is expecting I don't know may be he is taught in that way.
If you do not know what he is expecting, why are you making assumptions? Taught? taught what? nobody has to teach anybody to listen. I learned to appreciate music all by myself, using my ears. If i lack the knowledge, it is about audio systems that are capable of reproducing music to suit my taste and that too because I haven't spent time hearing them; I'll always know what I like without ever being taught.

If there were just ONE standard or benchmark, all amps/speakers/systems would attempt to sound the same and "taste" would be just another word!

Quote:
Incomplete knowledge is always bad.
Can anyone have COMPLETE knowledge about anything? Do you claim to? Let's take one of your fave amps for example. Do you have COMPLETE knowledge about its performance capabilities? Have you used it with EVERY speaker, run it off EVERY Head Unit, with EVERY Cable available in EVERY car for acoustics? That, to me would be more or less COMPLETE! Even after that, what you find great about it, I might absolutely hate. So, who's the better judge amongst us?

By your own admission, you yourself have incomplete if not no knowledge about SK, how informed he is, what his tastes are and more specifically WHAT HIS INSTALL SOUNDS LIKE!!! Do you wish to say that just by reading a list of equipment, you can tell what an install sounds like and you can start commenting upon whether a person likes highs or lows? I bow to you in that case.

This entire section is about people who have spent hard earned money buying the best equipment that they can afford and are putting it here for this entire community to see and appreciate. What you have done so far is possibly a perfect example of what NOT to do and say to any forum member showing off his install here. SK is not asking for advice, comments or actually...ANYTHING AT ALL.

I find your attitude extremely provoking and for no reason whatsoever. SK is truly a gentleman for not taking offense.

I have reported this post to the mods; I do not like what you're doing here, but I hate going behind your back even more.

DISCLAIMER: I do not know SK from SRK. I am not speaking for him or on his behalf. My ire is entirely my own.

Last edited by vikram18 : 20th September 2007 at 20:14.
Old 20th September 2007, 22:11   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
If you do not know what he is expecting, why are you making assumptions? Taught? taught what? nobody has to teach anybody to listen. I learned to appreciate music all by myself, using my ears. If i lack the knowledge, it is about audio systems that are capable of reproducing music to suit my taste and that too because I haven't spent time hearing them; I'll always know what I like without ever being taught.

If there were just ONE standard or benchmark, all amps/speakers/systems would attempt to sound the same and "taste" would be just another word!

Can anyone have COMPLETE knowledge about anything? Do you claim to? Let's take one of your fave amps for example. Do you have COMPLETE knowledge about its performance capabilities? Have you used it with EVERY speaker, run it off EVERY Head Unit, with EVERY Cable available in EVERY car for acoustics? That, to me would be more or less COMPLETE! Even after that, what you find great about it, I might absolutely hate. So, who's the better judge amongst us?

By your own admission, you yourself have incomplete if not no knowledge about SK, how informed he is, what his tastes are and more specifically WHAT HIS INSTALL SOUNDS LIKE!!! Do you wish to say that just by reading a list of equipment, you can tell what an install sounds like and you can start commenting upon whether a person likes highs or lows? I bow to you in that case.

This entire section is about people who have spent hard earned money buying the best equipment that they can afford and are putting it here for this entire community to see and appreciate. What you have done so far is possibly a perfect example of what NOT to do and say to any forum member showing off his install here. SK is not asking for advice, comments or actually...ANYTHING AT ALL.

I find your attitude extremely provoking and for no reason whatsoever. SK is truly a gentleman for not taking offense.

I have reported this post to the mods; I do not like what you're doing here, but I hate going behind your back even more.

DISCLAIMER: I do not know SK from SRK. I am not speaking for him or on his behalf. My ire is entirely my own.

Mods Please dont delete this post as I want to clarify few things which are made up against me by few people.
Old 20th September 2007, 22:40   #86
BHPian

@Vikram -> Yes it's true of SK being a gentleman and not taking any offence. But Vikram dear, you can chill yaar. No need to get so much worked up on a stray comment.

If we consider that SK wasnt taught, then very good for him. Sets a prime example that he has actually gone out and heard to the brands and selected one for him rather than Mere reading of reviews on the internet, which is basically someone else's impression of the music he hears.
Much like you ordering food for yourself based on recommendations that suite my taste.

On other hand, if we consider that the guy was taught and led into buying a particular model of a particular brand without too much homework on his part, then So what yaar.....
SK is cashing upon experiences gained and lessons learnt by long time installers...
Afterall, no "Big" or "Bling" system can be complete without taking any advice. Isn't it?

Just illustrating a small example so that you can relate to it easily

Quote:
http://www.dls.se/english/speakers/Iridium63i.htm

What do u think guys how is the above product in the 3-way system......

Any reviews guys -> navin, B&T , Sam , Gunbir , JB and many more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
My opinion is they are great speakers, expensive... but great. They sound very different from the Focal Utopias you mentioned in another thread. Which makes me wonder, are you sure what kind of sound you are looking for. When buying High End equipment based on reviews, awards etc know that your taste might be very different from what the product sound like. I mean, you may get an Omlete, when you were expecting Butter Chicken. Now I would rather have a great Omlete anytime, but you prefer Butter Chicken... I hope for your sake you will audition the speakers before you buy them.

Quote:
DLS Iridiums are very nice sounding speakers until and unless you can afford Focal Utopia Be's or Rainbow Platinums or Alpine F1 Status (based on Scan Speak Revelator). My suggestion to you is upgrade your amplifiers to good ones like Brax - Helix etc.

Quote:
I would suggest go for DLS Iridiums they suit your listening taste better and also it will be easier for you to install the DLS dome midrange in your car than focals cone midrange. In case you are going for focals make sure they are originals and in mint condition. Recently there were lot of focal fakes around.

Regarding the amplification I would suggest go for Graphic Pro series by Brax (great amplifiers, used them in the past) or Helix A Series if your budget is less.

I read that you are going for HX-D2, I would suggest you go 4 way active and use A6 for the speakers and A1 for the subwoofers.
Quote:
Does any one has used listened to the DLS Iridium 6.3i Component set...........

Quote:
Yes, we have used them and they are very good speakers. I have already listed the better options but they are expensive.
Quote:
Ok Guys I just purchased the iridium 6.3 (which retails for INR 98k india and INR 26k in singapore) and in process to install them will be posting the pics of the same to have comments from u guys......

Quote:
LBM, congratulations for your Iridium. Any upgrade on the subwoofers ??

So, Vikram dear, as you can clearly see, some of the best things in life are a result of other more knowledgeable people's experiences.
That is why forums are there.
That is why you and me and everyone visits here.
Take care.
And Cheers to your audio enthusiasm.

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 20th September 2007 at 22:46.
Old 20th September 2007, 22:48   #87
Senior - BHPian

First thing I wanna clear here is that I was not saying that SK is a fool in anyway, or does not know about music. I real appreciate his love for music and the way he has chosen the equipment after long session of audition with lots of equipment.

Quote:
If you do not know what he is expecting, why are you making

assumptions? Taught? taught what? nobody has to teach anybody to listen. I learned to appreciate music all by myself, using my ears. If i lack the knowledge, it is about audio systems that are capable of reproducing music to suit my taste and that too because I haven't spent time hearing them; I'll always know what I like without ever being taught.
Sir first I am here to learn also. And to teach a few thing which I have learn in the field of ICE. I just wanna say that no body is perfect and one should learn for his mistake. If one does not make mistake he cannot learn anything new.

Quote:
where did I say that. Like every human has differnet voice like wise every brand of speaker has differnet sound. Hope you understand it as I am not teaching you, You must be knowing that.

Quote:
Can anyone have COMPLETE knowledge about anything? Do you claim to? Let's take one of your fave amps for example. Do you have COMPLETE knowledge about its performance capabilities? Have you used it with EVERY speaker,run it off EVERY Head Unit, with EVERY Cable available in EVERY
car for acoustics? That, to me would be more or less COMPLETE! Even after that, what you find great about it, I might absolutely hate. So, who's the better judge amongst us?
Now lets take a example here. I was discussing about the tweeter placement in SK car. As pointed by few members here they surprised to see the tweeter placement in the kick panel and the plane chosen is 90 degree from the midrange. I was myself also confused that how this type of speaker placement will sound. So I discussed the same with Ajay Bhai (B&T) on the phone and he was also had the same view. Hence I was curious to listen to SK car how the tweeter in the kick panel below the knees and the midrange in the listener face will sound in the real world. But according to me the placement is quite wrong and I have never seen this type weird placement anywhere. But I would add here that if SK is happy with the sound, why should I have any problem. But again I can only comment after listing to his setup that this new way of placement sound good.

Quote:
By your own admission, you yourself have incomplete if not no knowledge about SK, how informed he is, what his tastes are and more specifically WHAT HIS INSTALL SOUNDS LIKE!!! Do you wish to say that just by reading a list of equipment, you can tell what an install sounds like and you can start commenting upon whether a person likes highs or lows
? I bow to you in that case.
Like I said before I never said SK has incomplete knowledge but again NO BODY IS PERFECT.

Quote:
This entire section is about people who have spent hard earned money buying the best equipment that they can afford and are putting it here for this entire community to see and appreciate. What you have done so far is possibly a perfect example of what NOT to do and say to any forum
member showing off his install here. SK is not asking for advice, comments or actually...ANYTHING AT ALL.

Sir here is the same case of spending my hard earn money on my install. But If one post his setup on a public forum one is bound to get some good or bad advices, comments or actullay....ANYTHING AT ALL.

Quote:

NO Sir Absoulutly not why would I. I am here to learn and share my 2 cents of knowledged, And not to show off what can I do.

Quote:
If you have read my earlier post I have requested the mods not to delete your post as I dont find any thing worng in it.

Quote:
I have met SK twice or once on TBHP meet, And have auditioned his setup twice when he was running HERTZ setup and will be looking forward to listen to the tru-rainbow combo.
Old 20th September 2007, 22:49   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

OK chalo now enough. Sorted.

pls now let us only discuss sk456's ice. My humble request.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 20th September 2007 at 22:51.
Old 20th September 2007, 22:53   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Vikram, chill. I am sure LBM did not mean to demean sk456. His choice of words may have been wrong, but I am sure at the ICE section we all respect each other - right LBM?

LBM, we have often let go, now you also let it go, otherwise this thread will be full of meaningless OT. Let it go. Vikram has his right to say what he wants. You have been saying what you want for very long in the ICE section, so now let it pass. Please.

Guys, I request you, let's please strictly and solely discuss sk456's car audio system on this thread. No more "You said this and I said this". Please.

Sure Sam Bhai I agree to you 100 % But here I have seen a lots of people after me as I speak the truth and TRUTH IS NOT ALWAYS SWEET.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 20th September 2007 at 22:54.
Old 21st September 2007, 01:43   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
@Vikram -> But Vikram dear, you can chill yaar. No need to get so much worked up on a stray comment.
I'm totally chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
So, Vikram dear, as you can clearly see, some of the best things in life are a result of other more knowledgeable people's experiences.
That is why forums are there.
That is why you and me and everyone visits here.
Take care.
And Cheers to your audio enthusiasm.
I agree with you completely, but if you wish to draw upon knowledgeable people's expertise, Team-BHP has, at your disposal, a sub-section in the ICE section called, "Ask the Gurus", where you do indeed get appropriate responses from very knowledgeable people like Sam, Navin, Hydrashok, Gunbir to name just a few. Along with that you get liberal doses of ribbing, wit, dyslexia and if you're lucky, even discounts . What you DON'T get is attitude. That makes it very easy for newbies, me included, to have access to that expertise without having to feel ignorant or stupid. How you say things is sometimes more important than what you say.

I consider the "Sound Off and Show Off" Section to be exactly that. Let people show off without someone raining on their parade!

That's it from me. Consider the hatchet buried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
OK chalo now enough. Sorted.

pls now let us only discuss sk456's ice. My humble request.

Tu Bola aur Mein Chala...talk about role reversals!!!

Last edited by vikram18 : 21st September 2007 at 01:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks