Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2007, 11:04   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
... And SK's setup is one of the finest sounding setups I have ever heard. A true high end setup that does justice to good music. I think SK should be very proud and very happy...
Why do all these setups have to be in Delhi Us poor southies don't get to listen to setup like this.

And SK, if you wake up one day and find your Santro missing, you'll probably find it in Hyderabad (minus the ICE)
Old 30th September 2007, 11:25   #122
BHPian

Thanks, Gunbir and SK, for a very informative audio session yesterday! SK's setup is indeed truly awesome! It also struck me as well that the Sub was almost made redundant. I'm no audiophile, but the sound was pretty much perfect as far as my standards go. Highs, lows, Mids - everything is in perfect balance IMHO.

My only gripe with SK's setup would be that he has it, and not I !! In true Team-BHP style, it made me want to double my budget! (which unfortunately is nowhere near possible).
Old 30th September 2007, 12:09   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Thanks, Gunbir and SK, for a very informative audio session yesterday!
kya gunman, abhi tution bhi chalu kya??
Old 30th September 2007, 14:19   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
kya gunman, abhi tution bhi chalu kya??
Of course, didn't you know all the people who buy from us are taught...
Old 30th September 2007, 16:51   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
naah, thoda sa farak hai....All those who buy from you are taught first!!
Old 30th September 2007, 18:05   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Low Blow Man...and that's an "educated" opinion
Old 30th September 2007, 20:39   #127
BHPian

Quote:

- The kickbass is awesome, almost makes the sub redundant. Anyone who loves midbass will love this setup for the sheer authority in that area.

- Soundstage is nice high and wide. Most people who listen to the setup will never be able to guess where the tweeters are.

In conclusion, the Rainbow is a very nice high end kit. And SK's setup is one of the finest sounding setups I have ever heard. A true high end setup that does justice to good music. I think SK should be very proud and very happy.

In fact there were two other members at DRIVEN yesterday who heard the setup, epranay and vebmetal. I wonder what they thought of the setup...
Heard SK's setup too, at Driven this afternoon and couldn't agree with you more....great setup SK , and thanks for the audition, really enjoyed it...
Old 1st October 2007, 11:28   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
-Though the lack of any attenuation on the crossover is still an issue.

In conclusion, the Rainbow is a very nice high end kit....
come-on gunbir, adding attenuation to a tweeter is not that complex! I often wonder when guys like you, B&T, and JB complain about such simple stuff. You guys are among the best and if a poor old DIYer like me can mod an XO surely you guys can do this and more!

We would love to read Bass and trouble sharing about how he modified the XO of an Illusion component set to make suit the install/taste of the user. The trouble you guys put into your installs is fantastic. The custom pods, bass boxes, neat wiring, etc is really inpirational. Dont be afraid of crossovers please!

Rainbow does have a rather good reputation on other forums as well.
Old 1st October 2007, 11:48   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
come-on gunbir, adding attenuation to a tweeter is not that complex! I often wonder when guys like you, B&T, and JB complain about such simple stuff. You guys are among the best and if a poor old DIYer like me can mod an XO surely you guys can do this and more!

We would love to read Bass and trouble sharing about how he modified the XO of an Illusion component set to make suit the install/taste of the user. The trouble you guys put into your installs is fantastic. The custom pods, bass boxes, neat wiring, etc is really inpirational. Dont be afraid of crossovers please!

Navinji, I agree adding tweeter attenuation is no biggie... Maybe I will do it on my own stuff but never on a customer's. I'm sure SK wouldn't like us making any mods to his expensive speakers and xo's...

Also, we believe in using the stock product. Why? well simply because if end users started coming back to us with blown tweeters and modded xo's we wouldn't be in a position to provide warranty.
Old 1st October 2007, 15:00   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

tell me tell me(tounge stickg out like a greedy dog) how do i attenuate my tweets? they are on a brighter side for my taste which has changed alot recently and now i prefer less treble. i like "laid back sound" :-)

my tweet xo is a 12 db octave xo. i can diy an inductor as i have an lcr meter now. :-) ok we can discuss this in the diy section.

cheers
clip
Old 1st October 2007, 15:29   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navinji, I agree adding tweeter attenuation is no biggie...Also, we believe in using the stock product. Why? well simply because if end users started coming back to us with blown tweeters and modded xo's we wouldn't be in a position to provide warranty.
I do agree that modfying a tweeter does invalidate the warranty but really ADDING attenuation only protects the tweeter further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
tell me tell me(tounge stickg out like a greedy dog) how do i attenuate my tweets?

my tweet xo is a 12 db octave xo. i can diy an inductor as i have an lcr meter now. :-) ok we can discuss this in the diy section.
Attenuating a tweeter does NOT require a change in the reactive components, a simple L-pad will do the job quite well and you do not need a LCR bridge to do this either. Be sure that this will VOID all warranties on your speaker.

There are two places where one can pad a tweeter.

1. by placing an L-pad between the tweeter and the crossover or by changing the values of the exisiting L-pad (if any).

2. By adding a simple resistance between the series capacitor of the tweeter crossover and the amp (see the simple ASCII drawing). where R is the resistor, C the cap, L the inductor and T the tweeter itself. ignore the "==".

----R-----C-----+------+
============ L==== T
-----------------+------+

if however you want to learn more about crossovers and such download Clio and LspCad (there is a Lite version that is free). LEAP/LMS and MLSSA incorporate measurement and are quite expensive. MLSSA (prononuced Melissa by industry insiders) is a cut above anything else but then I may be biased (some of my favourite designers use MLSSA).

Last edited by navin : 1st October 2007 at 15:45.
Old 4th October 2007, 08:17   #132
BHPian

Dear Clip, The winISD program that you have also needs to be explored fully.
I distinctly remember reading about L pad calculations in it
Old 3rd January 2008, 01:15   #133
BANNED

hi

nice choice of equipment.

Last edited by sanchits : 3rd January 2008 at 01:16.
Old 5th April 2009, 09:58   #134
BHPian

SmallUpgrade

Hi all,

A small upgrade finally done!!! Details + review +pics coming up sooon

Regards,

SK
Old 5th April 2009, 10:16   #135
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to seeing your (ahem) "small" upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks