Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2009, 21:29   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
I don't think you will get ID/Rainbow within 15k.
how about this combination if you want two amplifiers from sonic-
Eclipse XA2000(139$)/Eclipse XA4000(199$) for two/four channel and
Kenwood KAC-8104D(129$)/Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X10D(169$) for sub.
Hey ID/Rainbow components are easily available under 15k on wooferetc.com Just check it. ID CTX compo will cost around 8-9k which in India retails for 13.9k

I second nitinralli !

Last edited by superbhikari : 1st March 2009 at 21:32.
Old 1st March 2009, 21:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

the CTX range is the entry level range from ID. i havent heard them but havent heard much about them as well.
Old 1st March 2009, 22:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
the CTX range is the entry level range from ID. i havent heard them but havent heard much about them as well.

some time back the ctx were awarded the best components under $ 500.

Last edited by karankapoor : 1st March 2009 at 22:07.
Old 1st March 2009, 22:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@nitin: 5 channel amps are for people who have no space for 2 amplifiers. another option would be a value 4 channel and an expensive mono for the sub. if you like your bass heavy.

one more option is a dedicated 2 ch for the sub and another dedicated 2 ch for the components, hence allowing you good flexibility if you plan to upgrade in the near future.
Come on

We have a Safari with a Genesis amp remember? Less wiring is another advantage of having a five channel.

Alpine M450 is just 50x4 + 200x1. Was quoted 20k for this here in Kerala.

I would say, get a pair of compo and if you can a 4 channel or five channel amp.

You can buy those ID compos and sell it to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
some time back the ctx were awarded the best components under $ 500.
Yup.
Old 1st March 2009, 22:49   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
I don't think you will get ID/Rainbow within 15k.
how about this combination if you want two amplifiers from sonic-
Eclipse XA2000(139$)/Eclipse XA4000(199$) for two/four channel and
Kenwood KAC-8104D(129$)/Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X10D(169$) for sub.
Quote:
I think most of the ID components installed at T-bhp refers to CTX series, the entry level series. Few members do have higher Chamelion/XS series installed.
You may find enough reference of ID CTX components here. Try search at T-bhp.
Old 2nd March 2009, 00:09   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Hey ID/Rainbow components are easily available under 15k on wooferetc.com Just check it. ID CTX compo will cost around 8-9k which in India retails for 13.9k

I second nitinralli !
I thought you were talking about their amplifiers
Old 2nd March 2009, 02:16   #67
Senior - BHPian

pick Alpine - 45W x 4 Apple® iPod®/Satellite Radio/HD Radio-Ready Deck - iDA-X200 up for 150$

got about another 100$ to spend. confused on amp or compos or sub rockford fosgate 12" is for about 70-80$
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:45   #68
Senior - BHPian

ok, since im getting advice to buy a 2chl amp instead of 5 chl, i came across this amp : Power acoustik -1800W Clas AB Bridgeable 2- chl.
Does any one know how this amp is. I have not heard about this company so dont know.

Also if this is a good buy, then can i bridge my front comps and run a Sub on it?? Cause its written that i can run 2 speakers and a sub on this amp. If that is the case, i think it will be a good deal cause its for only $162.99.
Here are little more spces of this Amp:
<LI class=banded>Continuous Watts per Channel (4 Ohms)
300 x 2

Continuous Watts per Channel (2 Ohms)
380 x 2

<LI class=banded>Continuous Watts Bridged
760 x 1

Max Power Watts per Channel (4 Ohms)
300 x 2

<LI class=banded>Max Power Watts per Channel (2 Ohms)
380 x 2

Max Power Watts per Channel (4 Ohms Bridged)
1800 x 1

<LI class=banded>[COLOR=#333399]Number of Channels[/COLOR]

Crossover
Variable

<LI class=banded>1 Ohm Stable
No

Amplifier Class and Type
Class AB

<LI class=banded>Tri-Mode
Yes

High-Pass Filter
50-500Hz

<LI class=banded>Low-Pass Filter
30-500Hz

Line-Level Input
Yes

<LI class=banded>Speaker-Level Input
No

[COLOR=#333399]Bass Boost[/COLOR]
Yes

<LI class=banded>Passthrough
Yes

[COLOR=#333399]Signal-to-Noise Ratio[/COLOR]
97dB

<LI class=banded>Fan Cooled
No

Bridgeable
Yes
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:12   #69
BHPian

Power Acoustik has got some very bad reviews...anyways can u paste that amp's link ?

Old 2nd March 2009, 22:12   #70
BHPian

if you are willing to spend 162 then why not spend lil more and get this ?

Kole Audio KX2-2400 (kx22400) 2-Channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

one of my friend has this and he is from OH. he recommends that

good luck
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

guys. please. crunch, kole audio, poweracoustik etc etc are no good. please suggest something better. spending 15k on amp and 15k on the comps means the person needs more quality. the aforementioned brands are quite short of quality and I have heard 2 of the 3 so i can comment on those. please refrain from buying any of this made in china poorly and badged in usa crap.
Old 2nd March 2009, 23:08   #72
BHPian

How about Cadence ? They have a a high opinion of these on CAC and DIYMA.
Old 3rd March 2009, 00:06   #73
BHPian

cmon yaar if your budget is 15k for each (30k)
pls get something from the US thats either diffcult or really expensive to source from here
what do you need
HU,compos,sub,amp
doyou require all , whats your total budget?

do you have a source already
if not i would seriously consider getting a source from the US - clarion,alpine,eclipse
next i would think of a good 2 channel amp for my compos(or better still a 4 channel for sub and compos)

my idea behind sourcing these two items is that they are easier to pack and bring rather than a set of compos.
Also i have noticed that generally source and good 2/4 channel amps in india are exp

i wouldnt consider getting an amp for just my sub from there(if you can get only 2 items). Any decent amp can drive a sub reltively ok in a low/mid fi system.
in a choice between my amp for a sub and an amp for my compos i would select the compos one to be more detailed and expensive
Also i would buy speakers with bill and warranty( at least i would keep that option open) since INMO amps and source genrally have a lowwer defect rate than the speakers and their crossovers

Last edited by Magma : 3rd March 2009 at 00:08.
Old 3rd March 2009, 21:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
cmon yaar if your budget is 15k for each (30k)
pls get something from the US thats either diffcult or really expensive to source from here
what do you need
HU,compos,sub,amp
doyou require all , whats your total budget?

do you have a source already
if not i would seriously consider getting a source from the US - clarion,alpine,eclipse
next i would think of a good 2 channel amp for my compos(or better still a 4 channel for sub and compos)

my idea behind sourcing these two items is that they are easier to pack and bring rather than a set of compos.
Also i have noticed that generally source and good 2/4 channel amps in india are exp

i wouldnt consider getting an amp for just my sub from there(if you can get only 2 items). Any decent amp can drive a sub reltively ok in a low/mid fi system.
in a choice between my amp for a sub and an amp for my compos i would select the compos one to be more detailed and expensive
Also i would buy speakers with bill and warranty( at least i would keep that option open) since INMO amps and source genrally have a lowwer defect rate than the speakers and their crossovers
OK so in this case, Power acoustik is out.
Now i do have a HU, its a Pio 6950 (I think). I know Pio are little brite but then i kinda like it that way.
I have a Pio Sub and it is doing OK but i will change it to ID or GZ cause that's what is IN in Delhi these days. I have a Hertz DSK 165 Comps in front rightnow, so once i have a comp from US (IF i get it), then i will either sell them off or better will place them at the back. This is the reason i was intally looking for 5 chl Amp to play all 4 comps and Sub. I know i dont need comps at the back as i drive myself, but sometimes (infact everyweekend) i have friends at the back and they complain that they only hear Bass and not the songs, so might keep the Hertz at back. However i have been adviced to look for a 2 chl amps and a mono.
Damm there is so much cofusion
Old 7th March 2009, 13:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Getting ICE equipments from US: Advice Please!

For a while, I have been thinking of getting myself an ICE system with very good SQ but a moderate budget (about Rs 30K). Conclusion was that if I source it from international market, it would provide significant VFM advantage over buying locally (though I loose on warranty/transportation front). I want to go for economy configuration- HU+4ch amp+a pair of 6.5" front components + 12" or 10" sub in a sealed box.

I believe component speakers are the most important part of the whole system (the weakest link), So I had done maximum research about them, followed by HUs. Initially, polk momo (now mm series), alpine type-R (latest one seems to be better than old ones) and even type-x (with stretched budget of course!) were on mind. But recently thought of reading some reviews about low budget componets as well. That gave me a couple of other options, namely phoenix gold rsd and CDT. Ditched rsd because phoenix gold looked like a "no name" brand to me. Whereas CDT seems to be a HIGHLY reputed brand. More importantly, their reputation applies well to even entry level models which are available very cheap on authorised online stores Finally, here is what I would be buying-

1. Components: CDT audio CL62 ($150)
CDT Audio CL-62 - CDT Audio 6.5" 2 Way Component Speakers

2. Sub: CDT audio EF100 ($100)
CDT Audio EF-100 - CDT Audio 10" 500 Watt Cast Alloy Audiophile Versabox Subwoofer
I was initially thinking of 12" version, which is $20 LESS (due to clearance sell). But later looking at their response plots on cdtaudio website, it looked like 10" would have smoother "in-car" response than 12" which is more peaky. Also I believe 10" would generally be more precise/clean as compared to 12", though low on SPL and efficiency.

3. Amp: Power Acoustik OV4-1600 ($120)
Power Acoustik OV4-1600
(the above page does not mention power number! refer to following instead)
Power Acoustik OV4-1600 - Power Acoustik 4-Channel 1600 Watt Amplifier

4. HU: Clarion DXZ785USB ($130)
This is mouth watering! It is one of their high-end HUs with USB support, probably next to only HX-D2. It has many audiofile features, important ones being- 24-bit DAC (though not BB), 6V/6ch preouts, preamp disable, TIME ALIGNMENT, internal crossovers supporting active configuration. Plus I can optionally add quality bluetooth support (next item).
Amazon.com: Clarion DXZ785USB CD/MP3/WMA/ACC Receiver with CeNET Control, Time Alignment, 3-Way Crossover, Rear USB Port, Satellite Radio Ready: Electronics

5. BT adaptor for the HU: Clarion BLT370 ($75)
This is not so cheap, but I need bluetooth (only for mobile, not steaming)
BRAND NEW 2009 CLARION BLT370 BLUETOOTH HANDS FREE NEW! - eBay (item 320347114750 end time Mar-12-09 10:04:49 PDT)

Questions:

1. Equipments:
Is it a good choice? I am sure many people would have got ICE components from abroad, please suggest if you know of any better choices, WITHOUT stretching the budget (though I am open to small stretch of 10-15%, 20% max). I don't really want to spend a bomb on "diminishing" returns!

2. Customs in India:
Is it necessary to keep original bills (as a proof to justify that things don't cross exempt limit)? Or just price tags on those items will do? In case of bills, is it important to have it in the name of person who is carrying it? (last one is a real stupid question, but anyway I need clarification!)

3. Technical query regarding the HU:
The manual does not mention anything aoubt changing tuning to European mode (I mean Indian). However, I vaugely remembered somebody giving a "hidden" trick to do that. I digged it up, and by chance it happened to be regarding Clarion HU itself! Should be applicable to the HU in question as well. Refer to this post-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post264508
Just want to know if somebody has tried that and it really works. (Tried sending a PM to the person who posted that, but he doesn't seem to visit tbhp any more)

Last edited by santosh.s : 7th March 2009 at 13:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks