Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2009, 00:56   #436
Senior - BHPian

i was looking out for touchscreen of the same design as i have presently. found this at 128$ to be the cheapest deal. how i wish if someone could get it for me.
CL7601NT / CL7601NT / NEWAY RETAIL - Car PC VGA Touch screen TFT LCD Monitor RETAIL SHOPPING

Last edited by gigy : 2nd August 2009 at 00:59.
Old 8th August 2009, 07:56   #437
Senior - BHPian

I had taken my dead kenwood amplifier to their service center in colaba mumbai, they didnt even bother to open it and see, refused straight away tell me that no spares are available for this model.

bought a vga splitter cable(Rs120) 5meter usb cable(Rs70) and a stereo pin cable 5 meter(Rs75) from lamington. Saw a circle mini itx cabinet for 2.5k few shops next to computer selection. except for the red floral print on it looked good finished.

got the usb sound card and 5m long optical cable, didn't work the way i wanted it to. its operation is fine and good audio,delivers 8 channel, delivers 2 channel optical out, but the optical in features only records the audio doesn't play real time.
Old 8th August 2009, 15:50   #438
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm. That means the unit does not by default pipe the streams around in the mixer. There must be a command that has to be given over USB for the on-board controller to connect the optical stream to the mixer.

One would, following conventions, expect the stream sent for recording to be available at the 'monitor' output. Does that happen? That is, when you set the unit to recording, is all the stuff that is going for recording audible at the speaker output?
Old 8th August 2009, 17:51   #439
Senior - BHPian

I tried all possible combination possible using two pc but no luck. the recording is not audible real time. even the bar graph level is not shown. once recorded i am able to playback it. when on Eee pc the optical in option in recording panel is not even selectable. when on my pc its available but no luck with audio output. may be i will need more complicated stuff. As of now the sound card is going into cold storage.

installed the tweeters in front and back.
Attached Thumbnails
The CarPC / Carputer Thread-pic_0001.jpg  

The CarPC / Carputer Thread-pic_0002.jpg  

Old 8th August 2009, 23:08   #440
BHPian

It may be a simple one but, I like to know how to show different programs in separate screens.
Old 9th August 2009, 16:29   #441
Senior - BHPian

I think your mother board should support dual displays or you can use the extended desktop function. you can also add additional VGA card
Old 20th August 2009, 11:44   #442
Senior - BHPian

With exams over for the time being,(and kenwood refusing to repair) i decided to open up my dead amplifier and try to do something before discarding it. after a lot of looking at it, finally decided to replace the power mosfets, cost me 580 for the pair. Post replacement it came on, the led flashed green for 5-8 sec and it remained steady for 2-3 second and then went off again.( that color flashing light tells is having output short). why is the stock fuse not blowing? power mosfets have blown again i think. none of the output transistor warmed up, no sound effect also.
i could not locate any short in the outputs. what to do? any reliable source in mumbai who dose repairs?
use the case as next carpc cabinet?
Attached Thumbnails
The CarPC / Carputer Thread-img_5755.jpg  

The CarPC / Carputer Thread-img_5757.jpg  

The CarPC / Carputer Thread-img_5759.jpg  

The CarPC / Carputer Thread-img_5756.jpg  

Old 20th August 2009, 12:13   #443
Senior - BHPian

gigy, any luck with the touchscreen repair?

I think you should now change the title to "most expensive carpc ever", considering the amount of equipment you have bought !!
Old 20th August 2009, 14:06   #444
Senior - BHPian

Lcd was another story ended in tragedy. Sheldon asked me to wait for a week before he can check, so i went to Lamington and got a 40pin ribbon cable and its connector. connected the ribbon cable and powered using home adapter. it came on for few seconds(full white display) then the back light blew off. opened the lcd assembly and saw the florescent tube blacked out on both sides. the adapter on checking with miltimeter was giving 22v, (its written 12v). chinese Q.C. control.
Have removed the 4 wire touch screen, outer plastic case and dumped rest of the stuff, expecting new lcd today.
Old 20th August 2009, 14:29   #445
Senior - BHPian

Arrey GG, dont blame Chinese QC. 22V is OK OC voltage for a 12V unit - when loaded it comes down to 13-14V. Connect a load and check. Generally PSUs with poor load regulation are like that. If the load that you put was <20% of capacity, the output voltage will be 16-17V - bad enough for the LCD. And don't go by the label Made in China: there are plenty of the wall-PSUs out there which are actually made in India but labelled MiC, as well as actually MiC but labelled MiI. One can make out the difference in finish - generally those made in China have a better finish than ones actually made in India.

Solution is simple - open it and put a 7812 (3-pin reg) at the output if you want to be sure not to get >12V at any time.
Old 20th August 2009, 14:43   #446
Senior - BHPian

I didnt check the CC voltage but anyways that power pack also went along with the lcd dead body. too much of money wasted last month, and i have myself to blame.
Old 20th August 2009, 15:00   #447
BANNED

why is bad hapening to your setup. dude i think your setup "ko nazar lag gia". better put some "kala tikka" on your carpc case. lol
Old 20th August 2009, 18:28   #448
Senior - BHPian

Got the new screen, much smaller than the previous one.
Attached Thumbnails
The CarPC / Carputer Thread-img_5782.jpg  

The CarPC / Carputer Thread-img_5783.jpg  

Old 20th August 2009, 20:26   #449
BHPian

I am not sure how many of you know about it, but I am seriously thinking to buy this as carputer. Most of the features that we are interested would work by default without any additional equipments.
myviliv.com
Let me know your thoughts on this.
Old 20th August 2009, 22:00   #450
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Got the new screen, much smaller than the previous one.
what make is this? and for how much?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks