Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 13:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Ok so i guess SLC KICK is worth buying....hmmmm.
I hope they can fit in the front in ford fiesta??
i think fiesta takes 6x9 at the front doors but you can fit 6.5 with mdf ring its a easy job.any good installer will do that.

worth buying slc will say yes,never used them or heard them but had used the sax series what abhibh is using in his alto i seriously loved them.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok so i guess SLC KICK is worth buying....hmmmm.
I hope they can fit in the front in ford fiesta??
Taken from a Rainbow Speaker Manual...

Rainbow Comps..which one to Buy? IDV3 12"..how much power?-dsc00274-large.jpg

Do listen to it before buying. Do not go with suggestion. And what Sub are you going to use ? Matching these with a sub woofer would be a tricky job.
Old 25th April 2009, 15:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Taken from a Rainbow Speaker Manual...

Attachment 129190

Do listen to it before buying. Do not go with suggestion. And what Sub are you going to use ? Matching these with a sub woofer would be a tricky job.
Damm....is this correct!! i am in UK and cannot audition them. I have to go by words as i need to pick the comps as i have a return flight soon.
I am confused as in why cant they be played lika a normal comps.
I am planning to buy IDV3 sub with these comps, but surly there will be a Sub running with these.
So u mean to say that it will be difficult to match these comps?? Should i look for SLC only and not the SLC KICK.Will that help??
Old 25th April 2009, 15:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damm....is this correct!! i am in UK and cannot audition them. I have to go by words as i need to pick the comps as i have a return flight soon.
I am confused as in why cant they be played lika a normal comps.
I am planning to buy IDV3 sub with these comps, but surly there will be a Sub running with these.
So u mean to say that it will be difficult to match these comps?? Should i look for SLC only and not the SLC KICK.Will that help??
Get SLC 265.25 NG (not kick one) if you are going in for IDV3. If your installer is good there won't be any matching problem.

Which amp btw ?

Last edited by abhibh : 25th April 2009 at 15:43.
Old 25th April 2009, 15:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Get SLC 265.25 NG (not kick one) if you are going in for IDV3. If your installer is good there won't be any matching problem.

Which amp btw ?
Amp depends cause as u know i can only carry 20 KG from UK and i think i already crossed that limit, however i do have few people with me who might be able to help me carry an amp which would be Genisis 4. If not then i was planning to buy JBL1004 from india and with upgrade when i again fly to UK or may be US.
Old 25th April 2009, 15:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amp depends cause as u know i can only carry 20 KG from UK and i think i already crossed that limit, however i do have few people with me who might be able to help me carry an amp which would be Genisis 4. If not then i was planning to buy JBL1004 from india and with upgrade when i again fly to UK or may be US.
Gene + SLC nice combo. Don't get the kick model if you have any doubts. Genny is a not a heavy amp. Must be around 2KG.
Old 25th April 2009, 16:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gene + SLC nice combo. Don't get the kick model if you have any doubts. Genny is a not a heavy amp. Must be around 2KG.
well i would have to carry the comps also so cant carry the amp, even though if its 2 KG. I think i will buy the JBL 1004 rightnow as i am looking to something eally good from my US trip which might happen sometime later...there i would have much better options for amps.
About the comps, i could not find SLC265 NG but only SLC 265. Are they same??
Old 25th April 2009, 16:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

One more thing. AS u said,noidaboy is running SLG Kick, then how come he was able to run the Kick bass comps.
Old 25th April 2009, 16:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

The SLC 265.65 NG which I have heard was very laid back. And I mean very laid back. So audition stuff before you buy.

I would say get the amp if you can leave the speaker for later stage.
Old 25th April 2009, 18:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more thing. AS u said,noidaboy is running SLG Kick, then how come he was able to run the Kick bass comps.
Just like any other component set. Read the PDF i posted.

The components driver (the midbass) is designed in such a way that they don't play low frequencies. And you really don't need components to play low frequencies. For that you are already buying an ULTRA LOW FREQUENCY TRANSDUCER aka iD Sub

Hes running the following
1. SLG F3 Kick - HPF at 80 hz
2. Kenwood 8401 AMP
3. Kenwood 6539 HU
4. Bull Audio Sub - LPF at 80 hz

Don't get confused much. They are also normal components and I don't think he's using a miracle of a subwoofer
Old 25th April 2009, 18:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Nitin, in your situation, wouldn't buying a model which you CAN audition make more sense? You don't really have to buy something unknown. Though you are short of time, if you quickly search around some one should be able to help you audition in UK locally. Believe your own ears (and what is in between) only.

Quote:
... And you really don't need components to play low frequencies. For that you are already buying an ULTRA LOW FREQUENCY TRANSDUCER aka iD Sub ...
Spoken truly creatively like a marketing person! Are you getting into Marketing / Sales or something, @abhibhi? Play of words is something that Nitin does not need in his situation, right?

Last edited by DerAlte : 25th April 2009 at 18:36.
Old 25th April 2009, 19:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The components driver (the midbass) is designed in such a way that they don't play low frequencies. And you really don't need components to play low frequencies. For that you are already buying an ULTRA LOW FREQUENCY TRANSDUCER aka iD Sub

Don't get confused much. They are also normal components and I don't think he's using a miracle of a subwoofer
Hmm...I think without hearing one cannot make out which part of the audio spectrum is missing..

About the Midbass it will be playing about 80hz and due to its KICK built it will not be playing below 70 hz naturally .. And as you said ULTRA LOW FREQ TRANSDUCER it will be playing close to 30-40 hz if no then how can a ULTRA LOW FREQ would be doing in the LOW FREQ range of 45-55 hz ??

What my take is the Kick driver are used for specific genre of music and person with a specific taste. That why I suggested to Nitin to audition stuff before buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Spoken truly creatively like a marketing person! Are you getting into Marketing / Sales or something
I seriously doubt that. Even Panky asked this question and he has not got any reply on the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post1252084

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 25th April 2009 at 19:22.
Old 25th April 2009, 21:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

if fronts are crossed @ 80hz how will they play below it.
and generally we all cross them @80 hz aren't we.
Old 25th April 2009, 23:04   #44
BHPian

@Nitin - Dont get too confused anymore . My suggestion just go and buy the Rainbow Kick components . They play great will all kinds of music . From jazz to hip hop to trance, DO NOT read any more rreviews or forums. Jsut buy them . Get a good amp + sub and enjoy. I personally have the Vanadium kicks.They rock with everything you give them. I also use a IDQ 10 sub. AND I do not have anything whatsoever to do with the ICE industry nor do I ever intend to ever have anything to do wiht it than being a happy but nutty consumer.
Old 26th April 2009, 02:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

This is what happens when you are with Team Bhp, Confused

now every one has there own opinion about the comps, which i really apreciate, howver i really am confused as in whic comps to buy.

i really like the SLC kick Comps but as Pajji said, they need to be configured peoperly.
Now i am really confused as in which comps to buy..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks