Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 01:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Alright guys, i finally got the rainbows auditioned.

First of all i just wanna say thanks a TON to Manan who just turned up with just an SMS, and that too only 15mins ealrier. Manan, thank you so much for taking the pain to let me listen to those great comps.

Conclusion:
Well i have to say this with very heavy heart that i really didnt think that Rainbows were that great for that price. They do sound great with vocals, as Manan had his list of songs palying (MJ), however the type of music i listen to, they were just not there. Reason could be that i have been used to with Hertz that i could not digest Rainbows. They were really laidback (that's what people say here at TeamBhp. But then that's how Manan had them set up cause they really sound great with his kind of music. I must say, if anyone listen to more of vocals, then Rainbows are great. BUT, if they are the ones who dont listen to NORMAL music that much, then please stay away from Rainbows.
Now the question is what should i do. I think i would first need to get the SUB and a good amp to run my Hertz and the sub. Then if i dont like it, ican upgrade to something else. Reason being that i think SUB would be more important to my kind of music. If i have IDv3, they can give me more kick than rainbows kick. I think instead of spending so much money on Comps, i should think more on sub to give me the pleasure i want from my system. I find Hertz to be more than great to handle good vocals and ID sub will compliment them.
What do you say guys??
No problems at all Nitin. Like I explained to you during the audition and correctly mentioned by you as well, The SLCs in my car have been tuned and setup according to my listening preferences and to the music I listen to, which yes does include a lot of Michael Jackson. As you have said above, The setup sounds perfect with the music I listen to, but then let me tell you at the time of audition the Tweeter attenuation on the cross-over was Minimum, and that too completely minimum, You can easily take the tweeter level up, Thats the advantage you have with the SLC's, the tuning options on the crossover is plenty, so can fine tune them according to your need and music and listening preferences.

Even I would suggest you buy a better Sub, since you seem satisfied with the Hertz Energy's sound signature. I would suggest the iDv3 to you since you want more bass, The iDQ may not fullfill your requirements here. The iDv3 15" is expected soon, You can go ahead with that. 15" Will provide the Kick you want, and since you have a sedan, More the bass the better
Old 9th May 2009, 01:23   #77
Senior - BHPian

Even I would suggest you buy a better Sub, since you seem satisfied with the Hertz Energy's sound signature. I would suggest the iDv3 to you since you want more bass, The iDQ may not fullfill your requirements here. The iDv3 15" is expected soon, You can go ahead with that. 15" Will provide the Kick you want, and since you have a sedan, More the bass the better[/quote]
Thanks Manan. When is IDv3 15 expected to hit the market?? i really want to buy the sub asap as my older sub just got busted due to the people from Ford. How much power do you think they would need to run them. i am thinking of geting a Mono which should be around 700RMS at 4ohm. Will this satisfy it??
Old 9th May 2009, 10:26   #78
Senior - BHPian

id15 has already hit the market and is available , 700 rms is preety good to run or will say is optimum to run it.

Last edited by karankapoor : 9th May 2009 at 10:38.
Old 9th May 2009, 11:50   #79
Senior - BHPian

Nitin so you see auditioning the stuff sure saves lots of hard earned money. I would Advice you to audition few more rides before you finalize anything. In delhi you will find lots of users with lots of different brands and combos.

I may not be sure but I have heard from few of the sources that now days hertz is available in grey but at the same time a lots of fakes are also avalabe in the market so take your decison carefully in that department.
Old 9th May 2009, 11:55   #80
BHPian

@ Nitin as you are in delhi itself why don't you get in touch with abhinav or LBM himself and audition a few from the illusion and ground zero range.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

I remember seeing Tons of Fake HERTZ Speakers and Tweeters lined up for distribution at Expert in Karol Bagh.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:50   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Nitin so you see auditioning the stuff sure saves lots of hard earned money..
How true..

Nitin, you're more than welcome to audition my ride for Ground Zero comps and the GZ sub. Who knows tomorrow you'd be hunting for a better sub
Old 9th May 2009, 13:39   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
How true..

Nitin, you're more than welcome to audition my ride for Ground Zero comps and the GZ sub. Who knows tomorrow you'd be hunting for a better sub
panky bhaji I would also like to audition GZ comps in your ride (I'm thinking an upgrade, have been on the phone with LBM bhaji a couple of times and we've discussed illusion electra comps so far). When you make a plan, please also invite me in!!
Old 9th May 2009, 14:24   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
panky bhaji I would also like to audition GZ comps in your ride (I'm thinking an upgrade, have been on the phone with LBM bhaji a couple of times and we've discussed illusion electra comps so far). When you make a plan, please also invite me in!!
..sure!

provided you dont behave like your "evil twin" lol! just kiddin! PM me your number and we'll sure chalk something out.
Old 9th May 2009, 14:49   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
provided you dont behave like your "evil twin" lol! just kiddin! PM me your number and we'll sure chalk something out.
I have no twin so I'm all evil lol! PMed you my number!!
Old 9th May 2009, 15:02   #86
Senior - BHPian

as greenh0rn has clarified earlier, he is neither evil, nor my twin. Any resemblance is strictly coincidental

That said , pankyji, whats wrong with my behaviour?

Update: From the above post. He's all evil. So now you know

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th May 2009 at 15:15.
Old 9th May 2009, 15:05   #87
Senior - BHPian

man this is confusing <scratches head>
is Greenhorn such a popular name?? Or does the older greenhorn have a 'fan'!?
Old 9th May 2009, 15:21   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
man this is confusing <scratches head>
is Greenhorn such a popular name?? Or does the older greenhorn have a 'fan'!?
Hi Frank as an elder 'horn' here (no reference to any devil), I'm happy to see the younger one grow Red Horns, as his signature clarifies!!
Old 9th May 2009, 15:40   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
id15 has already hit the market and is available , 700 rms is preety good to run or will say is optimum to run it.
From when? what's the price? Any update of the CTX subs?
Old 9th May 2009, 15:43   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
From when? what's the price? Any update of the CTX subs?

Image Dynamics CTX12 subwoofer @ Rs 8600 MRP
Available from March 2009

This is what i know so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks