Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 02:38   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
i really like the SLC kick Comps but as Pajji said, they need to be configured peoperly.
Now i am really confused as in which comps to buy..
Do not go by the looks. Get the amp from where you are. And audition the speaker when back in India or audition them and get them in your next trip outside India.
Old 26th April 2009, 08:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now i am really confused as in which comps to buy..
Nitin, no need to get confused.. As already advised, listen BEFORE you buy the stuff. Who knows you buy them as per reviews and then post them in classifieds?
Old 26th April 2009, 09:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

i really like the SLC kick Comps but as Pajji said, they need to be configured peoperly.
any speaker cheep of the most expensive one needs to be configured properly and all it depens how your installer tune it,go for it you will not regret after buying rainbow.

and if you are not sure about the kick model then buy the normal one
Old 26th April 2009, 10:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

I suggest dont buy any specific brand based off suggestions.. rather evaluate each option sensibly!
Old 26th April 2009, 10:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

@nitinralli, I'm sure you are confused.

As far as the speakers go, I have not listened to this particular set personally, but I expect an audition of the SLC265 NG (not Kick) next week -- a friend is installing them. I had myself ordered the SLC265 NGs for my car earlier on, but switched to ID XS65s later. I had not listened to the speakers at the time I was planning to order them, but I was assured of a swap if I did not like them. I have listened to the Rainbow SLXs and SLX Deluxes quite a bit and they sounded great. That is what prompted me to think of the SLC NGs. From what I've heard about them, they tend to be quite a bit laid back, as l_b_m has pointed out, so that will give you something to peg your expectations on.

About the install, you will need a good installer regardless of whether you order the Kick version or the non-Kick version (or any other make/model of speaker). These (and any other speakers in this range) are good speakers and getting them installed by a guy who does not give your install the highest attention would be akin to wasting the money spent on the equipment. This would be true regardless of whatever speakers (regardless of price range) you buy, but more so in the case of rather expensive speakers such as these. The Kick version might need a bit extra effort to get integrated with the sub, but not so much so that this aspect should deter you from considering them.

About the money involved, I'm sure buying the same set of speakers (or other speakers of their range) from India would cost quite a bit more (though you would get the warranty benefit in India).

I will agree with the others that listening before you buy is the best way of making a decision. If you do not have the option of listening now, and if you will be making a trip to the UK and back soon, you can always check them out in an install here in India and then decide.

If you will not be returning, and if you absolutely need to buy a set of speakers NOW, IMHO the only aspect you need to weigh is the cost benefit of bringing them from the UK vs. the risk of not liking how the speakers sound like. This is because the risk is the same regardless of whatever speaker you choose to bring down from the UK (assuming you will not be able to audition any of the speakers before buying them).

All that said, if you want my personal opinion, I'd say buy them, bring them over, install them well and enjoy them.

Last edited by hydrashok : 26th April 2009 at 10:36.
Old 26th April 2009, 15:45   #51
BHPian

Nitin Bro
Just lay your hands on SLC compo and if you don't like it just sell it to me at 5% less the UK price, I will be more than happy to take it
As for the Amp, If you are keen on a Genesis Amp get it right there from UK. It's hard and pricey to get a Genesis Amp from US. I am looking for an Amp and sub as you already know to source from UK. But just got to know that another cousin is flying back from US on 2 may. So asked him to get me an IDQ12v2 for 150$ from wooferetc.com Let's see if he can get it for me, since he is too short off baggage weight.

Last edited by superbhikari : 26th April 2009 at 15:50.
Old 26th April 2009, 16:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

I dont know How Come I missed this thread. I am running the Rainbow SLC (Not the Kick) in my Civic Powered by a Genesis Profile Ultra 4 Amp. Laid Back or not is a personal choice, frankly They sound perfect. Not Laid Back or Bright. The tweeters are perfect and the detailing is good.

Nitin, you are most welcome to come and audition my car, You will get a clear Idea as to how does the Genesis and Rainbow Compo sounds. Drop me a PM and we can decide upon the location. There is no better way for deciding a pair than auditioning it yourself. Get yourself the Music you listen to.

And the SLC costs 22k, The kick version would be priced higher. Frankly the Midbass in the SLC is more than enough, I cant imagine how the Kick version would sound.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 26th April 2009 at 16:19.
Old 26th April 2009, 23:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

A BIG THANKS to ALL.Man... guys in TeamBhp are really carzy bout there stuff. I wish i could show this to my wife..
Well coming back to the point. I have another option as i got the news from my office that i would be flying back again in May for a week or so....so NOW...i have the option to listen to some stuff back in india..as Manan said that he can give me audition of SLC. I really dont mind buying SLC (Non Kick version) but as LBM and rest said that they are laid back hence i would really need to listen to them cause as you might be knowing that i currently have Hertz ESK 165 which are littler bright, but then i got used to it. so would listen to SLC first and then decide.
In case i dont buy SLC KICK, then can you guys suggest any other comps in the same price range of these, which might be a better deal. i know i am getting into a diffrent world now with this question..but hey..this is what happens when you love your music and need something good to satisfy it.
@Manan..Hope that's your correct name....Can i call you or PM you once i am back next week and you can let me audtion SLC..without those 2 nuclear power plant running at the back (IDMAX Subs)??

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th April 2009 at 13:37. Reason: see note in post
Old 27th April 2009, 00:04   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Manan..Hope that's your correct name....Can i call you or PM you once i am back next week and you can let me audtion SLC..without those 2 nuclear power plant running at the back (IDMAX Subs)??
Yup, You got my name right. For Sure, PM Me or Call me whenever you are comfortable and free. You Can audition the SLC's. The Nuclear Power Plants are still waiting for its Main Source The Genesis Mono.
Old 27th April 2009, 00:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

You can even audition my GZ Compos.
They are not laid back and are just about perfect.
Do let me know if you want an audition.

P.S. They are available for 13k
Old 27th April 2009, 00:22   #56
Senior - BHPian

@nitinralli if you get a chance also audition SLG F3 Kick (noidaboy) and SLX.
Old 27th April 2009, 10:06   #57
Senior - BHPian

..and if you wish, you can audition my GZ titanium series comps as well.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:37   #58
BHPian

Guys , SAC 265.25 is also an option , costs around 25k .
If u get a chance u can also audition these . Rainbow have few models in this price range which confuses it further
Old 27th April 2009, 22:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i have never been so confused hence i am coming back on wednesday and will audtion some stuff. Thanks to all for the inputs and making me go
Old 27th April 2009, 22:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

Lol every body is giving auditions.hey nitin after all these auditions i'm sure you'll have a head ache.so take a break and come over for a vacation to dehradun and mussoorie.and here you can audition my car too.
It'll blow your mind off.the system can be bright or can be laid back as and when you want and goes real low!!
i'm sure none of the delhi boys can match up this system.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks