Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 21:52   #106
Senior - BHPian

Now this is the issue. Both the sites says 300*2 (or 320*2), but they dont say whether its 100*2 + 1*300. I mean to say that i am not sure if it gives 300plus at bridged mode when it is running front comps at 100 each. I think acording to website, it is only 300*2 and not more than that. I know this question was raised by others too in some other thread to SAM but we never got the reply from SAM.
SAM bhai, if you can please put some light on this issue
Old 14th May 2009, 21:57   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I am not sure about that.
Depends much on your listening style etc.
320 is the incorrect figure according to sonicelectronix.

JBL GTO1004 Multi-channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

though its mentioned 300w which aint too different.
What is the optimal power range for the IDv3?
I know the ID Max has 250-1000w
I think for MAX its 50-1000W. And for IDV3, its 50-350W.
Old 14th May 2009, 22:03   #108
Senior - BHPian

how each pair of channels works is ideally independent of how the other works. If one pair of channels can put out 320W bridged, when the other pair is also putting out 320W , also bridged, it should certainly be able to output the same amount (if not more ) when the other 2 outputs are in single ended mode and drawing less power
Old 17th May 2009, 01:49   #109
Senior - BHPian

Alright guys, i finally got the the IDV3 12" installed with JBL1004. Damm i must say, JBL amp has made the HERTZ sound amzaing. I mean till this time they were just lying around but now they sound just so perfect. With ID running along, they are amazing.
PERFECT is the word for them. Only thing i noticed is that after a long time of listning, the amp was really hot. Is that common?? it was like after 4-5 hours of listening. most of the time 50-80% of its capability.
One more thing, does ID sub needs some time to get into its optimal state?? if so then how much time does it need to get it blasting?
Old 17th May 2009, 02:27   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Alright guys, i finally got the the IDV3 12" installed with JBL1004. Damm i must say, JBL amp has made the HERTZ sound amzaing. I mean till this time they were just lying around but now they sound just so perfect. With ID running along, they are amazing.
PERFECT is the word for them. Only thing i noticed is that after a long time of listning, the amp was really hot. Is that common?? it was like after 4-5 hours of listening. most of the time 50-80% of its capability.
One more thing, does ID sub needs some time to get into its optimal state?? if so then how much time does it need to get it blasting?
Hey I had checked with Eric Stevens, owner of Image Dynamics,USA he said any ID sub needs atleast 30-40 hours of listening for break in. And don't go too high at the volume till then.

Last edited by Invinsible : 17th May 2009 at 02:35.
Old 17th May 2009, 02:35   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Hey I had checked with Eric Stevens, owner of Image Dynamics,USA he said any ID sub needs atleast 30-40 hours of listening for break in. And don't go to high at the volume till than.
Thanks Bro. but i think i had already gone to ID fullest level with Bass tester song. However i will take care of this now and will not go beyond its 50-60% of its capability. But i must say, even now its shaking my whole car. I mean last night me and one of my friend was driving down listening to music, i must say, my HAIR was literly shaking with the music. I mean they were totaly vibrating. i was wondering if this is what it can do, i cant wait till it breaks even
Old 17th May 2009, 08:51   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only thing i noticed is that after a long time of listning, the amp was really hot. Is that common?? it was like after 4-5 hours of listening. most of the time 50-80% of its capability.
hey congrats !!!

Amp becoming hot that's natural thing so no need to worry about it, don't force your sub to it max till it breaks in.

enjoy.
Old 17th May 2009, 12:44   #113
Senior - BHPian

all right this might be slight OT, but did not want to create a new thread for the same, so i am asking my question here,

these rainbow sub woofers have a nominal impedance/DC resistance rated as either 1x3,6 or 2x3,6 or 2x3,20.

rainbow - german car audio | Rainbow Audio Components

in the vanadium and other series, how is one suppose to wire this(series/parallel)? i mean this is the first time i have come across such an Impedance rating and what kind of amplifier is suited for these sub woofers to run at a their max capacity while extracting the best power from the amps?
Old 17th May 2009, 13:00   #114
BHPian

Quote:
PERFECT is the word for them.
Hi Nitin, Congrats on your new sub. I'm looking out for a pair of components to go with my JBL 1004 and wanted to audition your Hertz. Can we meet sometime this coming week?
Old 17th May 2009, 13:09   #115
Senior - BHPian

The "3,6" is 3.6 ohms. In colloquial terms, that is "4 ohms". Impedance mentioned in a rating sheet is a representative figure, since the real impedance is frequency dependent. DC resistance will not be 4ohms, it will be more like 3.2ohms. VC Impedance is partly resistance, partly inductance (which is f dependent). I think even a couple of JBL models (I think) have actual impedance < 4 ohms, nominally called 4ohms.

To reckon with amp suitability, just work with 4ohms or 2ohms - based on how the coils are wired. Even stability figure of the amp (1, 2 or 4ohm) would be on the same grounds.
Old 17th May 2009, 14:14   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, Nitin on a very good purchase. The iDv3 is very capable of shaking the entire car up, but it is not plain SPL, with the right gains it can integrate with the front stage beautifully.

Where did you get the install done?? Is the setup tuned. Playing Bass Tester as soon as the sub was installed was truly not the right way, be careful next time. Also what type of enclosure Sealed or ported??
Old 17th May 2009, 22:00   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Congrats, Nitin on a very good purchase. The iDv3 is very capable of shaking the entire car up, but it is not plain SPL, with the right gains it can integrate with the front stage beautifully.

Where did you get the install done?? Is the setup tuned. Playing Bass Tester as soon as the sub was installed was truly not the right way, be careful next time. Also what type of enclosure Sealed or ported??
Ya Manan, i think i was tooo exited to test my sub that i couldnt wait. Well i will take care of this now. Does it really need 30-40 hours to break even?? I have been using it since friday so i guess i must have used around 15 hrs by now.
The sub is in sealed box as i already had my old sub in it and didnt want to have the ported one as they dont gel with the kind of music i listen to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Hi Nitin, Congrats on your new sub. I'm looking out for a pair of components to go with my JBL 1004 and wanted to audition your Hertz. Can we meet sometime this coming week?
Sure Bro, but i am only free on weekends so maybe we can meet then. However if you work or live in gurgoan, then maybe we can meet there on weekdays as my office is in gurgaon. Let me know which ever suits you.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th May 2009 at 02:58. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 17th May 2009, 22:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

hi nitin congratulations on the new sub. its a BEAUTY!!!
enjoy!

PS: use the quote+ button to multiquote people and answer more than one person at a time.
Old 17th May 2009, 23:53   #119
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if i can post the pics here or not but i really dont want to open up a new thread in show off and put it there.
@Mods. If you think i cant, please delete them.

Well here are the pics of my BEAUTY...
Attached Thumbnails
Rainbow Comps..which one to Buy? IDV3 12"..how much power?-imag0077.jpg  

Rainbow Comps..which one to Buy? IDV3 12"..how much power?-imag0081.jpg  

Rainbow Comps..which one to Buy? IDV3 12"..how much power?-imag0082.jpg  

Rainbow Comps..which one to Buy? IDV3 12"..how much power?-imag0086.jpg  

Old 18th May 2009, 11:08   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
I think even a couple of JBL models (I think) have actual impedance < 4 ohms, nominally called 4ohms.
Actually a few of JBL's models have a nominal stated impedace of 2 ohms but are actually measure about 2.6-2.8 ohms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks