Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 13:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAddict View Post
http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/pdf/Esotar2_1200.pdf

JBL Car & Marine Audio

How should we compare the products ? I mean in general I should have an idea to differentiate them.
Comparing on paper will be an arduous task for all the various items that will comprise your setup. It could also be misleading since some brands do have ways to hype up what the product looks like on paper. If it is possible, you should check out some good installs in person and then decide what you want to go in for. It is not always necessary that two fellows with a 10L budget will end up using identical gear.
Bass&Trouble is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2009, 14:01   #32
BHPian

great budget.go through the forum.i am sure you will find many installs.audition and then buy.
Old 4th June 2009, 14:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Amps: Steg, Audision (VRx), Sinfoni, Tru C7, and this one (ok it aint made anymore) Car Audio - ADCOM
Will adding McIntosh a good idea to this list?

Quote:
Speakers: Dyn, SS (you have to DIY a a bit), JL (subs), ID (subs), GZ (subs), DLS, Rainbow, Illusion, Kappa Perfect (Infinity), etc..
Dyn or Morel? I am not sure why we don't have Focal here.
Old 4th June 2009, 14:44   #34
BHPian

Try sundown/US AMPS/Zapco for amplifiers !!
Old 4th June 2009, 16:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

zucchero!! you have only that much to say.BMWaddict this is the only man in on Tbhp to have Dynaudio.ask him for his review.

He and I both are totally biased towards Dynaudio.

Why? because there is simply NO other comparable speaker in this class.

And regarding comparing speakers.Well Dynaudio Esotar is for some 2 lakhs for a single set of speakers.So comparing it to anything available in india as of now would be the biggest criminal offence in the whole world.lol.

the dynaudio coupled with the Steg Masterstroke or one of those Tube genesis amps and you'll his the sweet spot of music.

Now since you have stated that you have liked the JBL system then you have an option of bringing down your budget to 1-2 lakhs total.because using somehting like the steg masterstroke for the JBL would be an overkill.actually it would be like installing a jet engine on a cycle.lol.

But then if you're happy with the JBL then go for it and you can use the rest of the money to get more accessories or maybe a superbike or maybe you can gift it to me so that i can get myself a dynaudio audio system.
Old 4th June 2009, 17:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
zucchero!! you have only that much to say.BMWaddict this is the only man in on Tbhp to have Dynaudio.ask him for his review.

He and I both are totally biased towards Dynaudio.

Why? because there is simply NO other comparable speaker in this class.

And regarding comparing speakers.Well Dynaudio Esotar is for some 2 lakhs for a single set of speakers.So comparing it to anything available in india as of now would be the biggest criminal offence in the whole world.lol.

the dynaudio coupled with the Steg Masterstroke or one of those Tube genesis amps and you'll his the sweet spot of music.

Now since you have stated that you have liked the JBL system then you have an option of bringing down your budget to 1-2 lakhs total.because using somehting like the steg masterstroke for the JBL would be an overkill.actually it would be like installing a jet engine on a cycle.lol.

But then if you're happy with the JBL then go for it and you can use the rest of the money to get more accessories or maybe a superbike or maybe you can gift it to me so that i can get myself a dynaudio audio system.

I think I may go for 12" Esotar 1200,it's classic
Old 4th June 2009, 18:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

BMWaddict, I'd seriously recommend that you set out and find a good installer before making up a list of equipment. I'd say installer > equipment, and find out what he can source for you
Old 4th June 2009, 18:09   #38
BHPian

I am done with Sub and Amp

Sub: DynAudio Esator 1200
Amp:Steg MasterStroke 3000

any companies for the components,illusion audio are good but any other company ?
Old 4th June 2009, 18:16   #39
BHPian

Why not components from the same family, the Dynaudio System 362!
Old 4th June 2009, 18:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

You can look for other brands like Morel, Alpine F-1 Series, Scanspeak(will be needing good installer for the same), Focal Be.
Old 4th June 2009, 18:36   #41
BHPian

Quote:

any companies for the components,illusion audio are good but any other company ?
Great choice. Not that I have heard any of these, but I have read that Dyn Audio Esotar 1200 are great subs.

Did you even considered Focal Berilium or Morel Ultimo subs? Your choice is great, but your budget offeres so many high end possibilities.
Old 4th June 2009, 19:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:

you want to have illusion audio comps with esotar2 1200 and steg masterstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Why not components from the same family, the Dynaudio System 362!
sathee even the dynaudio esotec 362 is not any worth for the esotar.an absolute waste of money.
Old 4th June 2009, 20:10   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
you want to have illusion audio comps with esotar2 1200 and steg masterstroke

sathee even the dynaudio esotec 362 is not any worth for the esotar.an absolute waste of money.
No.I did not start with components.Sir,I am here to take an advise and members like you should guide me in the right way if you think that I am wasting my money.Why would I start topic here ? I can ask any local guy in my accessory shop and get that done ? I trust the members here.

Please guide me.

Am I good with the sub and amp ?
Old 4th June 2009, 20:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend the following:

Dynaudio Esotar seems a very good choice, even though I havent heard them. But, then again, they are known to sound orgasmic. Hence the frontstage and the subwoofer/s can be Dynaudios. The rear fills can be Dynaudios too, albeit a slightly lower range. Esotars as rear fills would be slightly overkill, unless you plan to be chauffeured around.

Links:
Subwoofer/s:
Dynaudio - Authentic Fidelity
Midbass:
Midrange:
Tweeter:

OF course, you will be running them active, since the amps in question will be having a lot of potential to cross these speakers over.

The
Steg MSKs are definitely the chosen ones here. I doubt anyone makes them like these!
1 for the fronts and rears
1 for the subwoofer/s
STEG Audio-System

The Head unit should be an Eclipse AVX5000... PERIOD
ECLIPSE DVD Receiver AVX5000 | Fujitsu Ten

There's not much this head unit CANT do, and it's the king of all. It's beautiful looking too.

Wiring, cabling, RCA's must be TOP NOTCH.

You should zero in on the major stuff at first, and then the fine details like a bling install and the wiring, cables and rca's will be sorted out.

Last edited by frankmehta : 4th June 2009 at 20:14.
Old 4th June 2009, 20:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

I'm quite baffled at a lot of the suggestions on this thread.

Nowhere has BMWAddict mentioned that he is looking for a "textbook" SQ system. In fact, he has said that he likes the sound of JBL, and finds Bose to be 'macho for techno'. Let's face it, Bose and JBL while sounding very different from one another, are very far from the sound that a Dynaudio Esotar + Steg MSK combo can produce. Unless the JBLs he heard are the GTi series ones.

A budget of 10L does not necessarily point down the path of HX-D2s and Steg MSKs. I suspect he might be looking for something that is powerful yet clean. Anyone taking up this install should make sure that BMWAddict gets to listen to a variety of setups, and then scale it according to request. The setup might even end up significantly under the allocated budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks