Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 20:33   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAddict View Post

Am I good with the sub and amp ?
thats arguably one of the BEST subs and amp in the market today.i havent heard the esotars till yet but preety soon i will have the honour.i run the esotec series from dynaudio.go ahead without any hesitation
for the hu-clarion hx-d2,mac or alpine f1.
i can only coment on hx-d2 as i have it.its very very clean but it sounds little pain and dry.if you want somethin sweet with little bit of warmth then please avoid it.theirs also a slight tingle at the upper frequency.
Old 4th June 2009, 20:45   #47
BHPian

Please figure out where do you want to get install done ?
In hyd itself?
or are you open to options across the country ?

IMHO if you have a system worth 10L it must look like 10L so i would spend a substantial part of my budget(if i may use that word here) on installation.
Do you want bling ?
Old 4th June 2009, 21:02   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

A budget of 10L does not necessarily point down the path of HX-D2s and Steg MSKs. I suspect he might be looking for something that is powerful yet clean. Anyone taking up this install should make sure that BMWAddict gets to listen to a variety of setups, and then scale it according to request. The setup might even end up significantly under the allocated budget.
exactly.very well pointed out ajay bhai
Old 4th June 2009, 21:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

I am saying this again don't just go by the products will say first hear some good install if you can and then decide what you want, Please don't mind but going by your post i think you have not auditioned many install.

Any one can make a list of equipments for that price if you are ready to spend this much by just going by the brand name then my suggestion.

Components and sub Dynaudio Esotar, Amps to run them Genesis series III DMA/DMX/MONOBLOCK X 2 or for amplifiers you can go with TRU TECHNOLOGY also. HU there are many good P90/HX-D2/PANASONIC.This will fix you whole budget of 10L.

This is the best i can say if i were you i would have gone with the above install.
Old 4th June 2009, 21:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I'm quite baffled at a lot of the suggestions on this thread.

Nowhere has BMWAddict mentioned that he is looking for a "textbook" SQ system. In fact, he has said that he likes the sound of JBL, and finds Bose to be 'macho for techno'. Let's face it, Bose and JBL while sounding very different from one another, are very far from the sound that a Dynaudio Esotar + Steg MSK combo can produce. Unless the JBLs he heard are the GTi series ones.

A budget of 10L does not necessarily point down the path of HX-D2s and Steg MSKs. I suspect he might be looking for something that is powerful yet clean. Anyone taking up this install should make sure that BMWAddict gets to listen to a variety of setups, and then scale it according to request. The setup might even end up significantly under the allocated budget.
Hi Ajay, you are forgetting one thing- BMWAddict 'wants' to make his friends jealous of his install I'd bet that he'd be happier spending close to 10L than be merely content with a 3-4L install. What says, BMWAddict?

Guys, you are also forgetting another thing (which Ajay understands). Had BMWAddict come with a 10k budget or even 100k budget, all of us would have helped him overshoot his budget by at least double. Now, we are even finding it tough to reach close to his budget, thus thinking nothing of recommending all reference-grade components to him, without realizing that all he wants is to 'sound off and show off', not necessarily to hear in a song whether the guitar pluck is made of plastic or metal.

Bottom line, please spare some dough for the Bling!

On a more serious note, BMW, please don't make up your mind by reading marketing copy on company websites, or by adding up the number of recommendations a particular product gets over here. Marketing copy is easy- trust me I am a marketer and I can make a brochure for desi TS20 read like it won't be out of place in Lou Reed's home. As for recommendations, follow this principle: if you expect a product to sound good, it WILL sound good.

Bottom line for you, ignore everything, just pay heed to your ears and what lies in between.

Last edited by greenh0rn : 4th June 2009 at 21:38. Reason: Removed an extra smiley
Old 5th June 2009, 00:02   #51
BHPian

guys you're not getting my point.My main reason for modifying my civic is "TO SHOW OFF" that's it,nothing more than that.

If someone in my friends asks me what you got inside.

one look at the I.C.E ~ BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

he has to feel jealous on me till he upgrades his system.

I thought JBL are enough to show off,but coming after here,I came to know many things
rather to JBL.

My basic priority : BLING,SOUND QUALITY,SHOW OFF and "PROPER SERVICE" IN INDIA.
Old 5th June 2009, 00:07   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Hi Ajay, you are forgetting one thing- BMWAddict 'wants' to make his friends jealous of his install I'd bet that he'd be happier spending close to 10L than be merely content with a 3-4L install.
No, I understand. It's just that I didn't address that aspect in my post. Becuase making it blingy is not the hardest or most expensive part.
Old 5th June 2009, 00:09   #53
BHPian

I don't know anyone in hyderabad who is good with installation.I have to know that installer from here only.

I will not buy any of them unless I am done with the Exterior modification and Engine.ICEing is the last part of the Modification plan.

I can't listen to the installs which were done previously and I don't have that much time to spare for the ICE.Blindly trusting on the gurus here as this modification main priority is Just to show off !
Old 5th June 2009, 00:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Then please stick to brands which are available in India. Donot import anything.
for BLING,Show Off,Proper service a good installer is MUST.
Please do your research on who will do the best installation in Hyd.
I guess you are hard pressed for time to listen to ICE setups, but trust me that is the only way out. Anyone can recommend anything, but buy only what your ears believe is the best in sound quality and what you see is enough bling and show off for you.
Old 5th June 2009, 00:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

Some serious sound

WOW! With that kind of money here's what I would get.

HEADUNIT : Clarion HX D2. Why? well it lets you do 4 way active. Coupled with Clarion VCZ625 for listen to those MP3's though I don't think an mp3 would do justice to this setup.

FRONT SETUP:
Tweeters :
Morel Piccolo (best for off axis )
ScanSpeak illuminator R2004/602000 ( nothing beats this for on axis respone)
Scan Speak Illuminator D3004/602000
USD Audio WaveGuide BC-300 ( one of the best horn tweeters one can have)

Mid range :
SEAS RM120
Scan Speak 4" Illuminator 12MU/4731T00
Hybrid Audio Technologies Legatia L3 3" ( these are what I would choose they go low from 200hz all the way to 6khz).

Midbass:
SEAS RW220 or RW165
ScanSpeak 18w or 22w
DynAudio MW 162gt or MW 172
CSS SDX7 6.5" Woofer XBL2

SUBWOOFER:
Dynaudio E1200 x 2
AuraSound NS12 x 2
Diamond Audio D912D4 x 2
Seas Lotus SW300 x 2
RE AUDIO XXX12 ( Awesome SQL sub with XBL^2 technolgy, sounds clean even under high pressure, 13inch Mounting Depth, XMAX 54mm one way)

Amplifer : All together you would need 8 channel.
Brax X2400.2 Graphic Edition x 2 ( get 2 of these and you are all set)
Steg MasterStroke
McIntosh MCC404M x 2
Zapco C2k series
Genesis series III

Amongst these I would choose the Clarion, Waveguide Horns, Hybrid Audio L3, Dynaudio or Seas midbass, Aura Sound Ns12 subs and brax amps. I would buy these Eyes closes

These are some of the best drivers/components one can go for. Very accurate in their sound reproduction. No compromise at all. There are no of people around the globe who will vouch on these.

Cheers

Last edited by Invinsible : 5th June 2009 at 00:40.
Old 5th June 2009, 00:28   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
guys you're not getting my point.My main reason for modifying my civic is "TO SHOW OFF" that's it,nothing more than that.

If someone in my friends asks me what you got inside.

one look at the I.C.E ~ BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

he has to feel jealous on me till he upgrades his system.

I thought JBL are enough to show off,but coming after here,I came to know many things
rather to JBL.

very well said.this is exactly what you need.we in india when we buy a mercedes we buy it so that we can make a statement.we don't use it to drive it at 5 AM in the morning.Its supposed to take you to the parties and make you the "man".A lot of people try to hide this and be "holier than thou".
But the fact remains that if you have it why not flaunt it.Period.

Now coming back to your install.you're spending 10 lakhs.Now it has to have the best known brands and even the products should be a work of art.the shape and design of the amps should be a work of art.Like the genesis,steg etc.

Its not what your ears need now.10 lakhs means it should have a brand value,a pleasure to the eyes as well.probably one of the hottest Installs in the country.

Buy the best equipment.
and then discuss about the installers in bangalore.i think its going to be the closest city with good installers.I think Zuhemi in bangy has a great reputation.Another one is Anwar i think.Bangy members should be able to guide you.

See the installers previous works.If you like them then go for it.

"BLING,SOUND QUALITY,SHOW OFF" this is the right statement for a system worth 10 lakhs.

Oh yes Zucchero...the second reply on this thread-KILLER
Old 5th June 2009, 00:29   #57
BHPian

Dude as i told earlier, i will add one more thing, go for brands less known to many people(general population of india), then they will really feel they dont know anything about 'ICE' what they earlier called 'system'. Dont forget neons in the ICE, also please do make a mods thread, im waiting to suggest.
Old 5th June 2009, 00:38   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Dude as i told earlier, i will add one more thing, go for brands less known to many people(general population of india), then they will really feel they dont know anything about 'ICE' what they earlier called 'system'. Dont forget neons in the ICE, also please do make a mods thread, im waiting to suggest.
I will add up red neons to the interiors and here's the thread for the other modification,I already made it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...c-1-8v-mt.html
Old 5th June 2009, 00:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

Oh by the way you have the JBL GTi right now right?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1330847
Old 5th June 2009, 01:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Oh by the way you have the JBL GTi right now right?
Exactly, you mention that you already have a 15" Wgti. In that case stick too it and just add some components from Dynaudio, Morel elate 3 way limited edition or Seas Lotus. Add Steg Masterstroke and your good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks