Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2009, 12:15   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Nicola Engineering is headed by Robert Zeff. A very big brand in the manufacture of amplifier boards. They are OE suppliers for select models of select brands only, since their expertise involves expensive boards that cannot be fitted onto 'value for money' amplifiers.
Congrats Frank on the new equipment. Now waiting for the WIP.

BTW how much did the amp cost ya ?
Old 16th August 2009, 12:36   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Congrats Frank on the new equipment. Now waiting for the WIP.

BTW how much did the amp cost ya ?
These are on high sale at crutchfield.com log on to check the prices. They are much more than VFM.What's interesting is prices have been dropping every couple of weeks. And at this price they are steal.
Old 16th August 2009, 13:49   #123
Senior - BHPian

Yes, quite a good deal on Crutchfield. Landed cost in india to me will be in the early twenties due to the high shipping weight (almost 30 pounds) and the Customs duty. Getting a 2 year warranty on it, hence pretty satisfied with the buy. This will be some serious kit, and I really hope it doesn't sap the battery out of its power!!!

One interesting thing about this amp is that it doesn't come with ANY FUSES. An inline 200A fuse must be used here. Hence I will have to upgrade the 90A fuse in kit to the 200A one.

Till then, more pictures. The first photo with the light is the smaller version of the same amp. Couldnt get a photo of the 11551 with the light on, so substituted. Of course you will get to see my amp with the light on, when it comes. But till then, here's what I have.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dilemma of the Low_Bass_makker/s?-p1000499.jpg  

The Dilemma of the Low_Bass_makker/s?-img_2254.jpg  

Last edited by frankmehta : 16th August 2009 at 13:50. Reason: Added one more pic.
Old 16th August 2009, 14:08   #124
BHPian

So when are you expecting to lay your hands on it and do the unboxing?
Old 16th August 2009, 14:11   #125
Senior - BHPian

i have NO idea shreyas. but i predict it to reach me by 10th of September. Install is definitely not happening in this month. Surely.
Old 16th August 2009, 14:17   #126
BHPian

Quote:
i have NO idea shreyas. but i predict it to reach me by 10th of September. Install is definitely not happening in this month. Surely.
But atleast, its worth the wait. I just checked crutchfield. What a nice price for these specs!
I wish there was no custom fee for import in India.

Frank, whats the update on the grill part for the fronts?

Last edited by shreyasma : 16th August 2009 at 14:20.
Old 16th August 2009, 17:24   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Frank you are really having fun..but... I would really like to see 2 12" GTis in the car in IB. The Clarion BPX amp should have adequate power to drive both.
Old 16th August 2009, 18:01   #128
BHPian

^+1 I second Navin!!
Old 16th August 2009, 18:08   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
But atleast, its worth the wait. I just checked crutchfield. What a nice price for these specs!
I wish there was no custom fee for import in India.

Frank, whats the update on the grill part for the fronts?
yea, it most definitely is. But gets doubled due to shipping and customs. We get stuff really cheap in India, but the problem is lack of variety. I would have loved buying an amp from India itself.

about the grille, I have NO idea. Will be checking if the 6.5 inchers fit only after I open the door pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Frank you are really having fun..but... I would really like to see 2 12" GTis in the car in IB. The Clarion BPX amp should have adequate power to drive both.
I think one would be fine. 2 would be definitely pushing it at home. LOL. I know the DPX can run 2 of them with elan, but I think one is going to be a lot to handle. BESIDES, powering 2 of these from the one amp might also mean I might have to upgrade my car electronics. Which i am not keen to do at all. i have a warranty to abide to, and I think one W12GTi is going to let me have as much 'fun' as I think it's going to be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
^+1 I second Navin!!
+2, but Budgetary and space constraints put a second one out of contention.
Old 17th August 2009, 01:41   #130
Senior - BHPian

The amp looks really cool Frank. Specialy the price at which you are getting it. Just waiting for further upgrade
Old 17th August 2009, 09:43   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
+2, but Budgetary and space constraints put a second one out of contention.
Frank if your past is anything to go by I see a 2nd sub on the horizon (next upgrade?).
Old 17th August 2009, 10:08   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Frank if your past is anything to go by I see a 2nd sub on the horizon (next upgrade?).
lol.. Well you actually never know Frank might gift his baby a diwali or a New Year gift in future
Old 17th August 2009, 14:57   #133
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the good wishes all. But yea, no second sub ;-) Methinks one sub supplied with about 1300 W of RAW RMS power is MORE than enough for the music I listen to, and the way I listen to it.
Old 17th August 2009, 23:24   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, quite a good deal on Crutchfield. Landed cost in india to me will be in the early twenties due to the high shipping weight (almost 30 pounds) and the Customs duty.
Frankie, next step - check with KMD how much it'll cost to import a nice installer (200-odd pounds) to install all this gear. I'm sure he won't attract any customs duty.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:28   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks for the good wishes all. But yea, no second sub ;-) Methinks one sub supplied with about 1300 W of RAW RMS power is MORE than enough for the music I listen to, and the way I listen to it.
2 subs with the same amp will produce atleast 6db more SPL. The reason, the GTi sub will hit max Xmax before the amp amp runs out of power.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks