Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2013, 18:36   #12181

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
And you dont get this with a CD? Check the bass level on the iPhone's tone controls.
Hi,
I must apologize for possibly parting wrong info.
I just bought a new high quality aux cable and tried to listen to the music and I must say its certainly better sounding than through the iPod dock connector.
Owing to this I have taken an appointment with a new recruit at the accessory dept at vw downtown one mr Tushar who seems to be in charge there.
He has promised to replace the connector with a new one if that is indeed the prob as it holds a 2 yr warranty.
I must say the sound was almost as bad with my older aux cable which made my earlier state so.
A new one Tushar claims costs 9400 rs from them which is ridiculous.
Anyway I hope it's sorted tomorrow.
Thanks for all yr valued inputs, same goes to DA.
Will report the outcome.
Regards
Old 22nd June 2013, 10:31   #12182

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

So it was concluded that the prob certainly lay with the iPod connector. They are to replace it under warranty though it may take a week or so.
Thx again
gunner21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 10:17   #12183

Hello guys,

So i'm back here again in need of advice for my vw 2011 jetta trendline which comes with the rcd 510 system.

Now that i have fitted the sound system in my swift with a 2 ch amp driving a jbl woofer, and also fitted 4 mtx speakers, i find the sound of the jetta inferior to that of the swift.

Looks like the punch given by the woofer does the trick for me.
Can you pls recommend if its poss to get that in my jetta by doing the same, that is adding a 2 ch amp driving a woofer or would you suggest something better to try?

I do realise lapsing my warranty on the jetta but i will try getting vw to agree to fit it - my car will be 2 yrs old in aug and has no ext warranty.

Thank you
Old 25th June 2013, 11:32   #12184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner21 View Post
... i find the sound of the jetta inferior to that of the swift.

Looks like the punch given by the woofer does the trick for me.
Can you pls recommend if its poss to get that in my jetta by doing the same, that is adding a 2 ch amp driving a woofer or would you suggest something better to try? ...
LOL the ICE upgrade bug has bitten you!

Are you satisfied with the sound signature of the current front speakers on the Jetta (I mean the mids and highs - vocals and instruments)?
- If you are satisfied with that, then you should get a 4ch amp and a good sub, connect the fronts to the front channels, and bridge the rear channels to connect the sub
- If not, you will have to change the front speakers to good components apart from adding the 4ch amp and the sub. In you Swift, it is not just the sub's punch, but also the sound signature of the MTX speakers that is satisfying you.

Adding just a 2ch amp and sub will cause difficulties in tuning - getting the lower bass in proportion to the mids and highs. Only guys needing boom boom, especially for showing off, would do that.
Old 25th June 2013, 13:26   #12185
BHPian

Gurus, Please suggest a modification in terms of front speakers with a component system for 2013 model Dzire VXI; to match nicely with head unit there, it is Nippon Audiotronix (model no.NP74LA). Does it have a “pre-out”? in case I wish to have an AMP later and change the rear speakers too. Since I don’t want to disturb the stock HU, so am not asking for change in HU.
Can someone please give me detailed specs of NP74LA or data sheet, please!
Old 5th July 2013, 16:45   #12186
BHPian

I am very layman when it comes to sound and music systems. I am abroad so cant get the correct details. I had a sony xplod system installed when I got my Zen Estillo way back in 2007. I just ordered a JBL - GT X646 - 800W 4Channel Power Amplifier and had it shipped with connecting amplifier wire kit to my brother. He took it to the shop and they said that my Sony xplod system doesnt have an output for amplifier as its basic system. Is that a correct statement and if so do we have a adapter in between to solve this problem. Any suggestion and help will be of great help
Old 5th July 2013, 18:14   #12187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrats View Post
... He took it to the shop and they said that my Sony xplod system doesnt have an output for amplifier as its basic system. Is that a correct statement and if so do we have a adapter in between to solve this problem. Any suggestion and help will be of great help
Your Sony HU may not have Pre-outs terminated at RCA sockets, and that is what the installer would have conveyed.

Simple solution: get a LOC (Line Output Converter; also called a Hi-Lo Converter) which needs to be connected to the Speaker wires behind the HU. This will have RCA sockets to which the RCA cables from the amp will be connected. If your installer doesn't know about this, time to go to another installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitksvs View Post
... component system for 2013 model Dzire VXI; to match nicely with head unit there, it is Nippon Audiotronix (model no.NP74LA). Does it have a “pre-out”? ...
Not sure, but when your installer takes out the HU he will know if there are Pre-outs. Otherwise, you will have to use a LOC when you put in the amplifier.

The 'match nicely' is an 'under-expectation', if there is such a term! Please search around for what component brands / models the dealers near you have in stock. Audition each one of them - you should trust your ears and not what the Sales guys says. You should be able to find JBL, Infinity, Bull, Morel, Polk, Hertz etc. components which cost around 6K.

Last edited by DerAlte : 5th July 2013 at 18:34.
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 19:01   #12188
BHPian

Just wanted to check when he took the car stereo he said he doesnt have the output to connect to the amplifier. He didnt mention anything about the speakers
Old 5th July 2013, 19:33   #12189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Your Sony HU may not have Pre-outs terminated at RCA sockets, and that is what the installer would have conveyed.
====
Audition each one of them - you should trust your ears and not what the Sales guys says. You should be able to find JBL, Infinity, Bull, Morel, Polk, Hertz etc. components which cost around 6K.
Any installer that you can suggest for this job in Bangalore near Bannergatta road
Old 5th July 2013, 21:05   #12190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Any installer that you can suggest for this job in Bangalore near Bannergatta road
The only good one I knew in that area (East End Road) shut shop sometime back. Drive a few Km more and go to Sachin's Auto Shop in the lane behind Bosch in front of Forum Mall.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 04:43   #12191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

Simple solution: get a LOC (Line Output Converter; also called a Hi-Lo Converter) which needs to be connected to the Speaker wires behind the HU. This will have RCA sockets to which the RCA cables from the amp will be connected. If your installer doesn't know about this, time to go to another installer.

Not sure, but when your installer takes out the HU he will know if there are Pre-outs. Otherwise, you will have to use a LOC when you put in the amplifier.

The 'match nicely' is an 'under-expectation', if there is such a term! Please search around for what component brands / models the dealers near you have in stock. Audition each one of them - you should trust your ears and not what the Sales guys says. You should be able to find JBL, Infinity, Bull, Morel, Polk, Hertz etc. components which cost around 6K.
Thanks again for your reply and information. Will you know anyone else in Bangalore in any area and what will be tentative price for the LOC. Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 16:13   #12192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Will you know anyone else in Bangalore in any area and what will be tentative price for the LOC. Thanks
1. There is Auto Fusion near Koramangala Club and Top Gear near Jyoti Nivas College. EVO in front of Ranka Apts. in Cambridge Layout (near Ulsoor). Bass something near Shivananda Circle

2. Good LOC will cost 2-3K
Old 7th July 2013, 11:55   #12193
BHPian

Hi, am buying a base Duster with no ICE. I want a decent hu with good speakers. How much are the touch screen HUs for? Are those worth the money? Any suggestions would help. Budget around 20 k.
Old 7th July 2013, 20:02   #12194
BANNED

Hey bhpians,

My friend has finalized the Blaupunkt 470 DSP amplifier. This amp will power the front Kicker CS Components & the sub. Now he is confused which sub to buy, the budget is Rs. 10k for the sub. Please suggest & also describe the criteria on how a sub should be selected i.e. do we have to match the RMS power rating of amp and sub at 4 ohms? If there is other way then please mention.
Old 7th July 2013, 21:23   #12195
BHPian

Can anyone suggest me an affordable pair of tweeters? One of the tweeters in my JBL compo is dead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks