Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2013, 11:59   #12151
BHPian

I tried searching, but couldn't find any help. You guys know of any person in Delhi NCR who does custom speakers installations using fiberglass door pads attachments and A pillar pods. I could only find people in Mumbai and Bangalore to do that, anyone in Delhi area would be great. Thanks well in advance and if this is not the thread where I should have posted this question then I am sorry.
Old 1st June 2013, 18:49   #12152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
I tried searching, but couldn't find any help. You guys know of any person in Delhi NCR who does custom speakers installations using fiberglass door pads attachments and A pillar pods. ...
PM low_bass_makker. Though he is in Freedabad, he will be able to guide you.
Old 2nd June 2013, 10:16   #12153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I tried searching, but couldn't find any help. You guys know of any person in Delhi NCR who does custom speakers installations using fiberglass door pads attachments and A pillar pods. I could only find people in Mumbai and Bangalore to do that, anyone in Delhi area would be great. Thanks well in advance and if this is not the thread where I should have posted this question then I am sorry.
I believe BBW aka Gunbir Singh also does custom installs. Low bass Maker based in Faridabad might be a bit far but if you are in his neck of the woods you should check out his custom subwoofer( (designed by him from scratch).
Old 2nd June 2013, 22:31   #12154
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Hello All,

My amplifier i.e. Kenwood kac m845 powering a pair of bull comps and bull sub woofer has gone Kaput. Can amplifiers be repaired easily?? If yes, can someone point me where I can get it repaired in Delhi? Also, just to mention It's a 3 year old grey market product. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ankush
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:57   #12155
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

In India they can repair most anything. You should be able to find someone who can help you with that. try here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:34   #12156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolaks7 View Post
... Kenwood kac m845 powering a pair of bull comps and bull sub woofer has gone Kaput. ...
Are you sure it is not just a simple blown fuse? It takes a lot for the amp to go kaput.
Old 3rd June 2013, 23:16   #12157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Are you sure it is not just a simple blown fuse? It takes a lot for the amp to go kaput.
Thanks Navin Sir and DerAlte for replying. I should have mentioned earlier that my comps were playing well. Today I had sufficient time and decided to spend time with my ICE.

So today I experimented by switching the RCAs. As soon as I did that, the component speakers were only reproducing bass which implies that all the channels are working fine.

So concluded that the amp is not the culprit but my sub woofer is. Please correct me if I am wrong

And as said by Navin Sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
In India they can repair most anything.
will be getting the wiring examined as well as the woofer and hope its repairable. If not, time to upgrade to a Mono amp+ New Woofer.
Old 4th June 2013, 13:39   #12158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Guys need advice here, given a choice between Kenwood 8016
Sorry to bother you guys, I have been searching furiously for Kenwood 8016 in the market and facing a lot of trouble sourcing it locally. I would appreciate few input from you guys on below points.

1) Where can I source Kenwood 8016 in India ( Preferably in Bangalore ) ?.

2) How does Pioneer DEH 80 PRS hold up against Kenwood 8016 ?. Is it better than 8016 ? .

P.S:- One of the problems I have right now is JBL GTO 609 comps on front are a bit bright to my liking. If I go with Pioneer do I need to change them ?, If so with what?.

3) I saw few reviews of Kenwood and Pioneer HUs, there is an option to set HPF/LPF and few other things. My question is as my current comps have cross over do I need to remove the cross over and set all frequencies in the HU or retain the cross over and do not touch the HPF/LPF in the HU ?.

4) This question is on TA, considering my rear coaxials will be driven directly by the HU and Comps and Sub from an AMP, shall I blindly take the distance with each speaker by measuring them or do I need to add few extra meters to Sub and Comps as there is an amp sitting in between which might induce some delay.

Thanks again guys. Really appreciate your help here.
Old 4th June 2013, 15:13   #12159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolaks7 View Post
So today I experimented by switching the RCAs. As soon as I did that, the component speakers were only reproducing bass
Why no treble? Check all the wiring methodically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
3) I saw few reviews of Kenwood and Pioneer HUs, there is an option to set HPF/LPF and few other things. My question is as my current comps have cross over do I need to remove the cross over and set all frequencies in the HU or retain the cross over and do not touch the HPF/LPF in the HU ?.

4) This question is on TA, considering my rear coaxials will be driven directly by the HU and Comps and Sub from an AMP, shall I blindly take the distance with each speaker by measuring them or do I need to add few extra meters to Sub and Comps as there is an amp sitting in between which might induce some delay.

Thanks again guys. Really appreciate your help here.
1. The filter/crossover in your HU would be for the subwoofer (LPF) and main speakers (HPF). You will need a separate amp channel for each filter (one for subwoofer and one for each of the 4 main speakers). If you want to use the HPL/LPF filters for your main speakers you will need separate amp channels for each filter channel - so if you HPF - LPF the front main speakers you will need a 4 channel amp (2 channels for the woofers and 2 for the tweeters).

2. Sound travelling in a wire travels at 300,000 km/s (speed of light/electricity). Sound travelling through air travels at about 340 m/s (1/900,000 the speed of light). Hence you only need to compensate for the physical distance from the speaker to your ear (usually in ms). if you want to compensate for the delay caused by your amplifier you would have to do so in pico-seconds (and I don't think any car DSP can do that).
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 20:17   #12160
BHPian

Is (theoretically) a 4 channel amp + a Monoblock setup any different than a 5-channel (1 amp) setup?

I currently have a Blaupunkt 5-channel amp driving my whole audio in my car. I was thinking, if I were to upgrade, would the Alpine PDX 5 solve my RMS hunger or are there any good arguments to go for a 4-channel + Monoblock instead.
Old 5th June 2013, 13:56   #12161
BHPian

Dear Friends ,
I am planning to have ICE set up for my Swift this weekend.
My Budget is 20K.

Front Speakers: Compos from Alpine ( 7800 quoted)
Rear - Infinity Ref - Coax - (5000 quoted)
HU:Kenwood 2-din 8K quoted.

Now here are my queries :

Front: Are compos from Alpine good ? These were suggested by dealer i havent heard much on Alpine though. Can you suggest any other good ones in the price band pls ? An imp note that the dealer didnt suggest any amp would it be fine to run compos without amps now? I can aupgrade them later but i donot want to have a crippled set of speakers till then !!

Rear: I need a bassy setup to be delivered from the rear Coaxes as i am not going for a sub right now. However the bass should be thumpy enough at all volume levels ( no shriekings at high volumes !). I am in a fix between the JBL GTO949(quoted 4K) and Infinity References (quoted 5K). Please advise.

HU: For HU please advise between Alpine and Kenwood in terms of Preouts if i am planning for Sub/Amp later and the system should be compatible enough.

Kindly advise at the earliest as i need to finalize by this weekend.
Old 6th June 2013, 13:20   #12162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Dear Friends ,
I am planning to have ICE set up for my Swift this weekend.
My Budget is 20K................................

to finalize by this weekend.
Friends requesting your suggestions please !!
Old 6th June 2013, 13:32   #12163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
... Budget is 20K.

Front Speakers: Compos from Alpine ( 7800 quoted) Should be ~5K
Rear - Infinity Ref - Coax - (5000 quoted) Should be ~4K
Front: Are compos from Alpine good ? These were suggested by dealer ...
Dealer is quite likely pushing what no one else is buying. Nothing distinctive about them (their top of the line components are very decent, but they don't come at this price)

Can you suggest any other good ones in the price band pls ? ...
JBL, Infinity, Bull, Auditor, Morel, Polk, Boston, ... all around 6K

An imp note that the dealer didnt suggest any amp would it be fine to run compos without amps now? ...
Amps will make it sound better, not that they will sound bad with the HU internal amp

Rear: I need a bassy setup to be delivered from the rear Coaxes as i am not going for a sub right now. However the bass should be thumpy enough at all volume levels ( no shriekings at high volumes !). ...
'Thumpy' and 'shrieky' are too different independent qualities. Audition the Infinity and JBL to know the difference.

HU: For HU please advise between Alpine and Kenwood in terms of Preouts if i am planning for Sub/Amp later and the system should be compatible enough. ...
Check the manual / literature of the specific sets. Yes, 3 Pre-outs would be better, though 2 are enough (you will need to use a simple splitter cable additionally
IMHO you should visit a different dealer. This one is not sounding very trustworthy.

Do audition the speakers. If the dealer is not to keen, move on.
Old 8th June 2013, 09:03   #12164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
PM low_bass_makker. Though he is in Freedabad, he will be able to guide you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I believe BBW aka Gunbir Singh also does custom installs. Low bass Maker based in Faridabad might be a bit far but if you are in his neck of the woods you should check out his custom subwoofer( (designed by him from scratch).
Guys thanks for your response. I had messages them the very same day, but I have not heard from them. Are they still active?
I am putting in Gurgaon, so anyone from Gurgaon, Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad or Faridabad would do. Do autopsyche do custom install?

Thanks
Old 8th June 2013, 09:33   #12165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.Do autopsyche do custom install?.
I believe (and I may be totally wrong here) that his forte is body work and design.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks