Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 20:32   #10651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Hi all,

I am in the planning stages of a DIY for resetting the placement of subs & speakers in my car (Alto). Now presently, the 6*9 speakers are placed on a tray & the subs are mounted on 2 boxes placed underneath the tray.

However, before I make any changes, I wanted to know if there is any effect on the sub being close to another speaker (source of magnetic flux) & vice-versa? I ask this because both the subs in my case sit right below the magnets of the 6*9 speakers mounted on the tray & I was pondering today if it could have any ill-effects.

I don't know if this query has been asked earlier, but since I couldn't find anything similar, I am asking it here.

Drive safe.
Old 5th January 2011, 10:05   #10652
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
However, before I make any changes, I wanted to know if there is any effect on the sub being close to another speaker (source of magnetic flux) & vice-versa? I ask this because both the subs in my case sit right below the magnets of the 6*9 speakers mounted on the tray & I was pondering today if it could have any ill-effects
magnetic flux wont be an issue but the ooutput of the sub can modulate the output of the smaller speaker. I would sugest isolating the rear wave of the sub from the other speaker.
Old 5th January 2011, 20:30   #10653
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hey navin,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will keep in mind what you have suggested.

Drive safe.
Old 10th January 2011, 14:10   #10654
BHPian

JBL Head Unit feed back

Hello experts,

I am planning to change my Kenwood HU to a good HU with USB slot. Seeing that JBL have come up with new series of HU's I am bit biased with this because its offering 3 nos of 4V pre outs + USB and SD Card Slots in its both models. Carrying with loads of CDs is no more viable by the introduction of USB drives and SD card slots.

Considering the cost of the 2 GB MicroSD cards which are costing only 150-175 with SD Card Adaptors are become a trend. One can have a collection of 200 songs of 320Kbps per 2GB card at a throw away price without the fear of skipping of tracks when your car visits a pot hole.

Now JBL have 2 entry level models:

1. GTX 555: Standard HU with CD drive plus USB, Aux + Tuner which is priced as 8990/-

JBL GT-X555

2. GTX 333: This is one of its kind among branded HU's without a CD drive but rest of the other features and specs are same as with the first model which is priced at 4990/- But they are disclosing very little about the amp specs compared to others.

JBL GT-X333

There are many Chinese cheap HU's are available from 900/ onwards but being from a reputed brand like JBL will be a different experience in terms of quality and performance.

Does anyone have an audition or any feed backs about its performance and compare with the other entry level brands like Kenwood & Pioneer? If any of the fellow members are using this HU, please come up for a testimony about the quality, performance and user friendliness will be much appreciated.
Old 12th January 2011, 01:20   #10655
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sajit check out the thread on the JBL hu's in the Product Discusion section.AFAIK a bhpian had purchased the X33 and was really happy with it.The new 2011 range of pioneer isnt impressive at all.

Guys How much should a good quality ported box for a 12' sub cost?
Old 12th January 2011, 11:45   #10656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Hey Sajit check out the thread on the JBL hu's in the Product Discusion section.AFAIK a bhpian had purchased the X33 and was really happy with it.The new 2011 range of pioneer isnt impressive at all.

Guys How much should a good quality ported box for a 12' sub cost?
Thanks dude, this is what I was looking for
Old 18th January 2011, 13:19   #10657
BHPian

Hi Guru's,

My current ICE setup in SWIFT is HU Pioneer DEH 6050UB, JBL GTO series in front and Polk ovals in rear.

I was planning to buy navigation system but then I saw witson HU which has everything in itself.

So now I am in double mind to for it or not as I am very happy with my current setup and dont want to compromise on sound quality.

sorry if I am duplicating the question

Thanks in advance
Old 19th January 2011, 10:48   #10658
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, @sameerpb, do you have more information on "witson HU"? Perhaps a website or something? Not a name that is recognizable.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:40   #10659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Sorry, @sameerpb, do you have more information on "witson HU"? Perhaps a website or something? Not a name that is recognizable.
Thanks for the reply here is the link for witson HU

SUZUKI SWIFT----ZHUHAI WITSON INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD.---Professional Car DVD Player Manufacturer
Old 20th January 2011, 09:55   #10660
Senior - BHPian

Looks good. This seems to be one of those Windows CE based car computers out of China with a lot of functionality packed into 1 unit. Likely to cost upwards of 30K if you import it - I don't think you can get it off the shelf in India, nor get service support here.
Old 20th January 2011, 11:42   #10661
BHPian

Quote:
Looks good. This seems to be one of those Windows CE based car computers out of China with a lot of functionality packed into 1 unit. Likely to cost upwards of 30K if you import it - I don't think you can get it off the shelf in India, nor get service support here.
Thanks DerAlte, Its costing me $410+ all inclusive, I am worried about the service and the quality as the source is from China
Old 20th January 2011, 13:35   #10662
Senior - BHPian

LOL We cannot question quality just because it is from China. Reliability we may (perhaps not enough engineering hours may not have been devoted to this aspect), and that is why we look for local Service support. Tough choice.
Old 20th January 2011, 18:33   #10663
BHPian

Quote:
LOL We cannot question quality just because it is from China. Reliability we may (perhaps not enough engineering hours may not have been devoted to this aspect), and that is why we look for local Service support. Tough choice.
Thanks Der Alte, So its call on service in case anything goes wrong... May be check with those guys if they can provide a 1 warranty of the product.

Atleast good to have some peace of mind while spending the cash
Old 24th January 2011, 13:33   #10664
BHPian

Hi "Gurus"
I got an SX4 and want to change the fronts and rears with Coaxials and components. Also want an amplifier and a Sub.
My questions are
1. Can one suggest the best possible combination for all within 20-25k
2. Is anyone aware of a sub being fit in the cabin that is behind the seats for an sx4 cause the space there is too less. If yes, then which sub. If not then i probably have to fit a bass tube or a woofer mdf box right?

please help
Old 24th January 2011, 14:27   #10665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire View Post
...1. Can one suggest the best possible combination for all within 20-25k
* Set aside ~6-9K for 6.5" components and ~4K for 6.5" co-axials in the rear doors (since you want a sub, you need not put 6x9 oval coaxials on the parcel shelf). There are many brands and models - JBL, Infinity, Auditor, Bull, Illusion, Rainbow, Blaupunkt, Polk, etc. Depends more on what you can get locally from a reliable source, rather than wanting the absolute 'best'
* It is better to hunt around at ICE shops and take an audition before deciding. Auditioning the speakers will help understanding the sound characteristics of each - some you may not like at all
* Get a good sub like Infinity Reference, Polk or even better, Infinity Kappa 120.9. Economy and mid-range Subs can cost anywhere in the range 5-12K
* Get a decent amp like Kenwood 8404, Blaupunkt GTA or THX, JBL S44, Infinity Reference, Auditor, etc. Should cost you ~6K
* Don't forget to set aside ~3K for cables, wiring, etc. and ~5K at least for damping
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire View Post
... 2. Is anyone aware of a sub being fit in the cabin that is behind the seats for an sx4 cause the space there is too less. If yes, then which sub. If not then i probably have to fit a bass tube or a woofer mdf box right? ...
Did you mean the boot/dickey by any chance? If so, yes, the conventional way is to mount the sub in a sealed box made of MDF (avoid a sub tube). If you are very conscious of boot space, you could consider getting a sealed box made of fiber glass to fit one side of the boot to fit the sub. Search in the installations in Sound Off & Show off sections - there are plenty of examples of either, both shop made and DIY.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks