Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 19:24   #9151
BHPian

Thank you ImmortalZ and LBM.

LBM ji, one more question. How will be the sound quality, I hope better than FM transmitters .
Old 12th January 2009, 19:26   #9152
Senior - BHPian

as good as the mp3 player sounds using its headphone jack. levels may be a bit lower
Old 12th January 2009, 19:54   #9153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Thank you ImmortalZ and LBM.

LBM ji, one more question. How will be the sound quality, I hope better than FM transmitters .
It will be like mp3CD playing if there is no noise pickup anywhere and the MP3 player is of good quality with good MP3 rip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
as good as the mp3 player sounds using its headphone jack. levels may be a bit lower
I do not think the levels will be low as the input maybe quite sensitive for low level inputs.
Old 13th January 2009, 11:03   #9154
Senior - BHPian

I dont know where my thread was moved, but this is the update as of now.
@mnhegde, greenhorn, shuvc ( or shuvd, I dont remember, but the one who has Baleno ), filcord, sukrut7 and others who contributed to my thread:

Pioneer 4050 Rs, 5650
Pioneer 3090/50, Rs. 5250
Poineer 2050, Rs. 4200.

Are the above prices good or they are on higher side ?
I inquired about kenwood, but they say its just Pioneer, JVC and Sony that sells. Apparently all the shops I visited had maximum stock of Sony. Some of them didnt want to sell just the HU, but with speakers, etc. which I refused.
Also they tried very hard to convince me that Sony is the only available ultimate ICE.

Also one thing I noticed is that the quality of those HU were pretty cheap and didnt look like original. Very shabby quality as if they were pirated versions. Any input would be helpful.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 13th January 2009 at 11:04.
Old 13th January 2009, 12:02   #9155
BHPian

Here's your thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...x-rs-6k-2.html

Which shops did you visit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I dont know where my thread was moved, but this is the update as of now.
@mnhegde, greenhorn, shuvc ( or shuvd, I dont remember, but the one who has Baleno ), filcord, sukrut7 and others who contributed to my thread:

Pioneer 4050 Rs, 5650
Pioneer 3090/50, Rs. 5250
Poineer 2050, Rs. 4200.

Are the above prices good or they are on higher side ?
I inquired about kenwood, but they say its just Pioneer, JVC and Sony that sells. Apparently all the shops I visited had maximum stock of Sony. Some of them didnt want to sell just the HU, but with speakers, etc. which I refused.
Also they tried very hard to convince me that Sony is the only available ultimate ICE.

Also one thing I noticed is that the quality of those HU were pretty cheap and didnt look like original. Very shabby quality as if they were pirated versions. Any input would be helpful.
Old 13th January 2009, 13:03   #9156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Here's your thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...x-rs-6k-2.html

Which shops did you visit ?
All the shops on Vinoba Bhave road.
And thanks for pinpointing my thread. Its quite embarrassing to ask where is my thread and even my common sense took a back seat.

Can you direct me to some other good shops locations ?

EDIT : Now as I know where my thread is, you can post there and we will continue our discussion on my thread.
Old 14th January 2009, 08:44   #9157
BHPian

Buy from whoever gives you a good rate but make sure you're not getting a used / fake. I dont trust any of these guys.

Quote:
All the shops on Vinoba Bhave road.
And thanks for pinpointing my thread. Its quite embarrassing to ask where is my thread and even my common sense took a back seat.

Can you direct me to some other good shops locations ?

EDIT : Now as I know where my thread is, you can post there and we will continue our discussion on my thread.
Old 14th January 2009, 09:02   #9158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buy from whoever gives you a good rate but make sure you're not getting a used / fake. I dont trust any of these guys.
This is true and really worries me. Even some shops on R.C.Dutt road are like that. I think that spending more money and getting original is better idea than going in for these fake products.
Old 14th January 2009, 09:08   #9159
Senior - BHPian

i dont think there are any fake pio HU's. used might be a possiblity though
Old 14th January 2009, 09:36   #9160
BHPian

Quote:
This is true and really worries me. Even some shops on R.C.Dutt road are like that. I think that spending more money and getting original is better idea than going in for these fake products.
Go to "Car Decor"
its off RC dutt road, on one of the lanes that connects it to chickoo wadi.
alternatively, at the BPCL petrol pump on RC Dutt road, there is an installer there (basically a chap who does the wiring of HU/speakers ) you can ask him to direct you to a shop.
Old 14th January 2009, 12:25   #9161
BHPian

But for that you'll have to spend almost twice the amount. So its better to look at the unit you're getting carefully and decide. Look for scratches, finishing, dust, serial no, barcode label etc. Any discrepancies and you should reject that unit.

I had this kind of experience at Car Shringar Near Malhar Point. He sent someone to get a Pio 6950 for me, now when this person cane back with the HU he threw down the bag. I didnt like this but decided to take a look at the HU, which was perfect in all ways except for the labels. There was a cheap looking hologram and the serial no/barcode was missing. Ultimately i walked out and decided to get it shipped from Bombay, more hassle but atlease you get peace of mind.

Quote:
Old 14th January 2009, 21:52   #9162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
i dont think there are any fake pio HU's. used might be a possiblity though
I had the similar thoughts when I first saw it, but will confirm it.
But I think if you have a look at it, you will definitely feel its very cheap build, which I really doubt. Even the present DRC-489 has a better feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Go to "Car Decor"
its off RC dutt road, on one of the lanes that connects it to chickoo wadi.
alternatively, at the BPCL petrol pump on RC Dutt road, there is an installer there (basically a chap who does the wiring of HU/speakers ) you can ask him to direct you to a shop.
Looks like you are from my city!
I am stunned by the way you have described the location.
Very pleasant surprise.
I thought of this, but could not find the location ( and I am living here since 22 years ).

Quote:
But for that you'll have to spend almost twice the amount. So its better to look at the unit you're getting carefully and decide. Look for scratches, finishing, dust, serial no, barcode label etc. Any discrepancies and you should reject that unit.

I had this kind of experience at Car Shringar Near Malhar Point. He sent someone to get a Pio 6950 for me, now when this person cane back with the HU he threw down the bag. I didnt like this but decided to take a look at the HU, which was perfect in all ways except for the labels. There was a cheap looking hologram and the serial no/barcode was missing. Ultimately i walked out and decided to get it shipped from Bombay, more hassle but atlease you get peace of mind.
Thanks for putting up this experience. I will not be visiting this shop.

@arapandiv, adityamunshi : How is Jalaram at OPD ?

Last edited by aaggoswami : 14th January 2009 at 21:54.
Old 14th January 2009, 22:35   #9163
BHPian

IIRC Jalaram only has Pio with Bill & Warranty. You wont get grey stuff there.

Quote:
I had the similar thoughts when I first saw it, but will confirm it.
But I think if you have a look at it, you will definitely feel its very cheap build, which I really doubt. Even the present DRC-489 has a better feel.

Looks like you are from my city!
I am stunned by the way you have described the location.
Very pleasant surprise.
I thought of this, but could not find the location ( and I am living here since 22 years ).

Thanks for putting up this experience. I will not be visiting this shop.

@arapandiv, adityamunshi : How is Jalaram at OPD ?
Old 14th January 2009, 22:58   #9164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC Jalaram only has Pio with Bill & Warranty. You wont get grey stuff there.
So is he the official dealer in Vadodara ? I could not locate him at the official website. I will have to check again now.
Dad was inclined on him. I think if he is official dealer then he will also be charging more for installation and in our case, he has to just slot in the device ( that is what I think as of now ).

There are other car accessories in the city specially near to IPCL township. I dont think they are worth visiting.

EDIT :
This is what I got as " Where to Buy " from Pioneer website:
Pioneer India Homepage

Thanks for informing me!

Last edited by aaggoswami : 14th January 2009 at 23:03.
Old 15th January 2009, 07:57   #9165
BHPian

There is a new Pioneer shop in Gajanan Complex. But ive never been there myself.

Apart from Jalaram, Car Age also sells official Pioneer HUs.
Quote:
So is he the official dealer in Vadodara ? I could not locate him at the official website. I will have to check again now.
Dad was inclined on him. I think if he is official dealer then he will also be charging more for installation and in our case, he has to just slot in the device ( that is what I think as of now ).

There are other car accessories in the city specially near to IPCL township. I dont think they are worth visiting.

EDIT :
This is what I got as " Where to Buy " from Pioneer website:
Pioneer India Homepage

Thanks for informing me!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks