Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2005, 11:20   #1651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
However I am not sure how the 4 inchers will sound with an amp. Just make sure they dont have too much treble, as most 4 inchers imo tend too!
Most performance brands will put the same tweeter on all speakers of the same series.
In the case of a 4" it is not the excess treble, but rather the other diminished frequencies that cause an apparent high frequency overshadow.
(HAHAHAHA Navin ke pet pe laat, main bhi complicated jawaab de sakta hoon)

By the way boys, Navin doesnt understand Hindi properly, so dey danadan.
No seriously, the 4" hasa smaller cone right? So the mid and midbass coming out of the 4" is less. But the treble is the same, so it appears like there's too much treble.
I find that a good 4" sounds nice with an amplifier, provided a high pass filter (HPF) is used.
Old 16th September 2005, 13:12   #1652
Team-BHP Support

what a speaker designer can do is balance the sound even if they are using the same tweeter.

so if i had a 1" tweeter mated to a 4" I'd modify the crossover to allow the 4" mid-bass to be heard. same with a 5" or 6". same tweeter, 3 different woofers, 3 different crossovers.

in some cases it may even be as simple as changing the values of the L-pad in the tweeter's crossover.

the reasons not to do this..
a) you get lower sensitivity and while the sound is now balanced it seems less exciting
b) cost. 1$ increase to Raw Material costs will become $10 at the Selling Price maybe more.
c) Inventory Control can you imgine so many different crossover and components to keep track off?
Old 16th September 2005, 13:43   #1653
Distinguished - BHPian

NAHEE! We are talking about co-axial speakers here! So the most that can be done is to change the value of the little capacitor inside. Kaahe ka L-Pad?
Old 16th September 2005, 14:09   #1654
Team-BHP Support

oh! I was talknig about components! the cap allows some degree of control (not much) and not without drawbacks (a hole in the response).
Old 16th September 2005, 17:14   #1655
Senior - BHPian

Ok two totally different questions:

1. I read in one of the auto mags recently that Delphi is going to launch mobile satellite radio products... so that you can enjoy WorldSpace satellite radio in your car, on the move. Any idea how much its gonna cost? when will it be in the market? Currently, i know that u can get them imported, but then fitting is an issue. I think this might go away with Delphi.

2. Long time back, i used an adapter set to feed music from discman to the car stereo. Its one end went into the line out or headphones socket of the discman and the other had a cassette attached to it that went into the stereo. Can this kind of setup be used to deliver music from ipod/mp3 player?

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 16th September 2005, 18:14   #1656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
2. Long time back, i used an adapter set to feed music from discman to the car stereo. Its one end went into the line out or headphones socket of the discman and the other had a cassette attached to it that went into the stereo. Can this kind of setup be used to deliver music from ipod/mp3 player? Amitoj

yes i used to connect my ipod using a similar setup before i got the i trip.i think you get it for about 350 bucks in bombay

but now i finally got my cd player so dont use it any more.

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 16th September 2005 at 18:16.
Old 16th September 2005, 18:27   #1657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Ok two totally different questions:

1. I read in one of the auto mags recently that Delphi is going to launch mobile satellite radio products... so that you can enjoy WorldSpace satellite radio in your car, on the move. Any idea how much its gonna cost? when will it be in the market? Currently, i know that u can get them imported, but then fitting is an issue. I think this might go away with Delphi.

2. Long time back, i used an adapter set to feed music from discman to the car stereo. Its one end went into the line out or headphones socket of the discman and the other had a cassette attached to it that went into the stereo. Can this kind of setup be used to deliver music from ipod/mp3 player?

Cheers
Amitoj
Hi!
1) World Space Radio is carried through 3 satellites across the globe. Ameristar, Afristar and Asiastar. Unitl recenly only the Americas had the luxury of mobile world space. (As all basic worldspace antenna are based on LOS- Line of sight)
If Delphi plans to launch mobile worldspace, it is reason to rejoice. Do not import any sets as worldspace India does not give you passkeys for imported sets and you will not recieve all channels.

2) You could use that contraption, but if you read earlier posts you will find it causes minor irritations, whining noises and not good output. The magnetic transmission of signal from one head to another is also very lossy. The azimuth alignment may also not match a "cassette convertor"

Cheers
Old 16th September 2005, 18:36   #1658
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
2) You could use that contraption, but if you read earlier posts you will find it causes minor irritations, whining noises and not good output. The magnetic transmission of signal from one head to another is also very lossy. The azimuth alignment may also not match a "cassette convertor"
Cheers
True but with a lot of trial and effort I managed to align the head of the cassette converter to the HU. mind you this was when the HU heads were 2 channel and were flipped around so the azimuth aligned better one way and not the other but it worked. with the 4 channel heads used today this will be even more tricky and more prone to noise. azimuth alignemnt is a delicate thing. you have to think in fractions of minutes of degrees.
Old 16th September 2005, 20:32   #1659
BHPian

Zehar can you please tell me for which Amp. are these specs for, and I will try to answer your question:

SPECIFICATION
2 x 100 Watts Max @ 4 OHM.
2 x 50 Watts RMS @ 4 OHM.
2 x 125 Watts Max @ 2 OHM.
2 x 60 Watts RMS @ 2 OHM.
1 x 250 Watts Max @ 4 OHM Bridged.
1 x 120 Watts RMS @ 4 OHM Bridged.
Frequency Response 5Hz – 50kHz.
Selectable Low Pass Filter OFF/80Hz.
Gold Plated Connectors.
Speaker Level Input.
Mosfet Power Supply.
Dimensions: 226 x 53.5 x 173mm.(WxHxL).
Recommended Fuse Rating - 15Amps
Old 16th September 2005, 20:34   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings
Zehar can you please tell me for which Amp. are these specs for, and I will try to answer your question:

SPECIFICATION
2 x 100 Watts Max @ 4 OHM.
2 x 50 Watts RMS @ 4 OHM.
2 x 125 Watts Max @ 2 OHM.
2 x 60 Watts RMS @ 2 OHM.
1 x 250 Watts Max @ 4 OHM Bridged.
1 x 120 Watts RMS @ 4 OHM Bridged.
Frequency Response 5Hz – 50kHz.
Selectable Low Pass Filter OFF/80Hz.
Gold Plated Connectors.
Speaker Level Input.
Mosfet Power Supply.
Dimensions: 226 x 53.5 x 173mm.(WxHxL).
Recommended Fuse Rating - 15Amps
Old 16th September 2005, 21:03   #1661
Senior - BHPian

All, i just received a catalog and price list for all Blaupunkt products in India. Mico sent me the stuff.... Any product from the Blaupunkt range, ask me and I shall help you with the price, its the latest list, btw... Also, i'd be able to provide contact details for major cities thats available on that list....

Please don't PM and flood my small pm inbox.... Post your queries here as everyone can benefit from it..... Just so everyone knows, I'm NOT advocating buying of Blaupunkt car audio equipments, I'm just willing to share the data I have....

Cheers
Old 16th September 2005, 21:09   #1662
BHPian

HI ajay,

Not a specific query but just wanted to know the range of 4 channel amps and Components of Blaupunkt.
Old 16th September 2005, 21:13   #1663
BHPian

amitoj as replied by others its a Cassette Adapter and can be used for any MP3 player...IPOD/Creative/IRiver...or a discman and it costs around 350 bucks for a Sony or a Belkin.
Old 16th September 2005, 21:17   #1664
BHPian

Whistling Sound on Acceleration

Navin/Sam n others please enlighten.....I am experiencing a problem with my Car audio setup........when ever I acclerate there is a whistling sound and it increases with acceleration. The only option I have right now is to increase the volume of the system so that I do not hear the sound. What is the cause of this and how can this be overcome. You can well imagine that after spending around 50-60K on my Music system such a irritating issue arises and beleive me it is very irritating and it frustrates me to eternity.

Last edited by moodswings : 16th September 2005 at 21:19. Reason: Edit
Old 16th September 2005, 22:34   #1665
BHPian

Hi k_Ajay
Even I got the same brochures and catalogues from MICO BOSCH - Blaupunkt
They explain eveything in detail but the colored printer catalogue they sent is meant for TATA Motors.
And believe me, the Blaupunk head units are not as costly as mentioned in the brochure.

They have mentioned Blaupunkt Bermuda for Rs 8450 while It is available for Rs 7500 with B&W etc.
The speakes cost almost the same.

Hi MOOOOOOOOOODSWINGS
The only 4 Channel Amp mentioned in the brochure is GTA470 and It costs Rs 9500 and the 5 Inch Components are TSc132 (with crossover and tweeters) for Rs 4250
The above mentioned products are all with B&W

And if you are planning to get Amps or other stuff installed from Chandigarh, better go in for Auto Center Sec 28 (Ankit Ahuja)....This is the only guy among the 20-30 shops there who know the meaning of "CUSTOMER SERVICE" very polite and very friendly and helpful.
Other don't even have time to show or explain you their products.

And yes Aseem is right, the specs mentioned are for Sony 502Z 2 channel Amp.

SAMMMMMMM
First of all, Who'z that beautiful girl in the pic?
And if you can please go thru the posts, and suggest something in addition to what Aseem have posted.
Also if I go in only for JBL 506CE (Components) and put them in front and do not but anything else for rear (Budget is very tight) Do you think they will fulfill my requirement of loud and clear sound with appropriate beats (bass)?
In this case the setup will be Sony 5510/Pioneer 5750 HU and only front JBL Components. Nothing else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks