Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2005, 14:38   #1741
Team-BHP Support

nope but if you dont have a sub that would be your best option.
Old 21st September 2005, 15:31   #1742
BHPian

Thanks Sam for your input on my vehicle bad wiring issue. Today visited other shop and asked him to verify. Lot of blunders happend.

a) The wiring looked like sparrow nest.
b) loose connection to front right speaker
c) one dummy wire is connected to ignition and crackling is coming when ignition is switched on.
d) while fixing the antenna, roof light was screwed up and automatic switch off the light when door was shut was not functioning.

After that visited Fiat service guy and blasted him. (what else I could do !!).

Thanks again. I owe you a beer when you are in Hyderabad. :-))
Old 21st September 2005, 16:29   #1743

Hi,

Nilesh here from Pune.
I have Pioneer music system (DEH-P5550MP). I want to go for Bass tube.
Here in Pune I have hardly heard about Bass Tubes. The locally made is available (SUMUKU). But I don't want to take cance with my musuc system. Can you please suggest me , My budget is 7-8K.
1. Which Bass tube should I go for?
2. Which parameteres should be checked before?
3. Where to get it?

Thanks
Nilesh
Old 21st September 2005, 17:02   #1744
Team-BHP Support

nilesh, i think you posted this before but then it could be deja vu - at my age (and senility) you never know.

BTW do you have an amp with your HU? or lese are you looking at an active sub (sub with amplifer)?

BTW this thread is a long thread for a forum was supposed to discuss cars and autos. The name says TEAM-BHP. weird huh? Maybe it proves there are more nuts in audio than in the auto world? or mabye a few big audio nuts are making more niose than all the smaller nuts in the auto part of the forum. ha ha ha

Maybe we can request the mods to split it up so it is easier to search.
Old 21st September 2005, 22:42   #1745
BHPian

Hi all,
In my Alto, I see that the 426s do not go in fully. There is something below the space provided in the dash which prevents the speaker from going in fully. I had to break off two of the side tabs on the driver to get it to go inside. I just placed the 426s inside and put the top covers (the perforated clip on thing which is a part of the dash. No screws). What could I do to secure it properly? Maybe I need to drill holes to fit the screws.
Old 22nd September 2005, 00:23   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingmepal
Thanks Sam for your input on my vehicle bad wiring issue. Today visited other shop and asked him to verify. Lot of blunders happend.

c) one dummy wire is connected to ignition and crackling is coming when ignition is switched on.
d) while fixing the antenna, roof light was screwed up and automatic switch off the light when door was shut was not functioning.

After that visited Fiat service guy and blasted him. (what else I could do !!).

Thanks again. I owe you a beer when you are in Hyderabad. :-))
AHA! Feels good to be right. Do I get a biryani with that beer?
Old 22nd September 2005, 01:24   #1747
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Hi all,
In my Alto, I see that the 426s do not go in fully. There is something below the space provided in the dash which prevents the speaker from going in fully. I had to break off two of the side tabs on the driver to get it to go inside. I just placed the 426s inside and put the top covers (the perforated clip on thing which is a part of the dash. No screws). What could I do to secure it properly? Maybe I need to drill holes to fit the screws.
Hi VIVEK!

We missed you. Hope your dads ok now. I haven't personally installed in an alto, will check when I return to mumbai on Monday and post here.
Old 22nd September 2005, 01:31   #1748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
BTW this thread is a long thread for a forum was supposed to discuss cars and autos. The name says TEAM-BHP. weird huh? Maybe it proves there are more nuts in audio than in the auto world? or mabye a few big audio nuts are making more niose than all the smaller nuts in the auto part of the forum. ha ha ha

Maybe we can request the mods to split it up so it is easier to search.
NAHEE! Aisa nahi ho sakta hai!First of all splitting it doesn't make the searching easier.
Second, your right navin, us few audio nuts have made this the most popular forum here. We win. Down with stupid engines and gaskets and other such useless discussions of meaningless car parts! Up with audio/music/sound/silly humour! We win! We win!

Lastly, bol deta hoon, in advance. The 2000th post is MINE. MINE!
Old 22nd September 2005, 03:37   #1749
BHPian

no worries for u sam....the speed with which this thread is going makes it the Ferrari of Team BHP...
not long before we hit the 2000 mark....way past the redline dude....
0-2000 posts in less than 3 months...wow!!!
Old 22nd September 2005, 08:25   #1750
BHPian

And Guys Do not forget. CAr audio does not affect the car Warrenties U can mod to your hearts content( except and alternator)

Makes me happy specdailly when I am proud owner of a New Getz with 2 years warrenty
Old 22nd September 2005, 10:36   #1751
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingmepal
with all due respect to installers like Autophile etc..

car audio install esp the simpler installs requring a HU, 1-2 amps, 4 speakers and a sub is nto rocket science. despite this too many installs ar done poorly. Funny i dont see how any installer gains with a poor install. the labour and parts involved in a poor install are usually the same and sometimes more. Sometimes I think the only solution is my Louisville Sluggger.
Old 22nd September 2005, 10:52   #1752
BHPian

You right navin, Its not rocket science but people hardly care about anything.

Installers find shortcuts and will not take a second to ruin vehicles original wiring harness, runs the amplifier of the thin electrical wires meant for AC, amplifiers with different grounding points, one 2 channel amp running 4 speakers and subwoofers, cheap rca cables, two equalisers in the signal path, rca cables and power cables running in parallel etc etc.

Its a mess and people are accepting this.

Till the time end user dont realise what they want how they want its gonna be the same.
Old 22nd September 2005, 11:14   #1753
Team-BHP Support

i dont find these short cuts. on monday i took my 420i to my installer and sat with them for 15 min explaining in detail where i want it installed and the path the wire would take to get there. when i sent the car there yesterday i find it done wrong. now they want me to make a 2nd visit to supervise the install. If we customers have to do this we could damn well do the install ourselves.
Old 22nd September 2005, 12:23   #1754
BHPian

Change your installer look for one who do things as per required by you.
Old 22nd September 2005, 12:30   #1755
Team-BHP Support

this guys is next door so atleast i can chase him. i used to insall myself but today time and a bad back wont let me. then i tried on guy who is now so busy with home audio and so condesending to anyone who wont spend XXXX rs on a stereo i dumped him. atleast the current guy is nice to talk to and close enough to chase. the best installer i ever had (also my 1st) was in Newburgh NY. he was a black guy who worked for a Jewish boss (u'll be hard pressed to find that combo). I swear this guy was clairvoyant, before i asked him to do something it was done. He spoiled me. Now I expect that level from everyone.

Odd story how i met these guys. I went to this store to buy a $279 Alpine HU (now this was in the mid 80s) as per an advert i saw. Walked out with $3000 in equipment (dont ask). They took my check even after i told them it would bouce if they depostited before monday (it was friday).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks