Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2005, 19:39   #1621
BHPian

Thats true with me too Ajay.......I have Alpine R series components with the 9833 and all Gennre's sounnd awesome......
Old 15th September 2005, 19:46   #1622
BHPian

navin n all........need some advice I have said about my setup lot of times earlier too but here it goes again.....
1. 9833
2. Alpine R series Components on the front door panels
3. Kenwood 6" by 9" at the back and a 12 " pio. woof.
4. Alpine 4 channel Amp.
-- 2 channels drive the components
--2 channels drive the kenwoods

5. A separate Glider 2 channel amp for the Pio. Woof. .

Now this is what I am thinking for more bass.....

Is it ok/normal to put another pio. 306 woof and dedicate one channel each of the Glider Amp. to the 2 Pio. woofs.

Please Ad vice.
Old 15th September 2005, 20:03   #1623
BHPian

Hi Moodswings,

All the equipment you have mentioned is pretty ok except for the Glider amp you have mentioned. Never heard of the brand.

Anyways whats the true specs on the amp.

Adding another bass driver will not help until and unless your amp cannot handle it. Its better you should go for some better amplifier like MRD-M501 or Pioneer GM-510D. One 12" driver with a good amp is enough.
Old 15th September 2005, 22:45   #1624
Team-BHP Support

mood, those 12" ers need 100W+ each so unless your glider can do that (100w rms x 2, 4 ohms, < 0.01% distortion, ...). i dont think it will help much. it might reduce some distortions in the bass. how?

ok hold on......
when a woofer travels up and down to make bass it's coil moves in and out of the magnetic circuit. now as it does that the coil's movement becomes non-linear. and the more it moves the more non linear it gets. 2 woofers will need to move less to produce the same SPL at the same freq. (SPL is directly related to the ammount of air moved and that is a product of the surface area & displacement of the cone). as you double the surface area you need half the displacement and hence the woofer is more linear.

now ask me if you wil hear this lower distortion and i will say maybe. it depends how much you were driving the woofer to begin with. if the woofer was exceeding the limits of it's linear movement it would be more audible.

the mathematics to prove this require knowledge of 3rd order polynomials. it is not simple but a lot simpler than the 5th order polynomials required to solve the dynamics of self featherig helicopter rotors. :-) yeah now that is a concept (a self feathering rotor)!
Old 15th September 2005, 22:54   #1625
Senior - BHPian

Neat change of title for this great thread. May I suggest a further change to

"Sound Advice from the Audio Gurus"
Old 15th September 2005, 22:59   #1626
Team-BHP Support

[quote=Sam Kapasi]I agree. These moderators have left us here and disappeared. /QUOTE]
Rtech is watching!
Old 16th September 2005, 00:04   #1627
BHPian

Bass

Navin....Thanks much buddy....I really did not know and wanted to know how the woofer thing actually worked.......So thanks again .......Now I will be in a better position in order what to do....

Last edited by moodswings : 16th September 2005 at 00:06. Reason: thanks
Old 16th September 2005, 00:34   #1628
BHPian

I too need help Guys
After going through this forum agian and again, I finally convinced one of my friends to go in for JBL speakers . He got the setup yesterday for his new Wagon R.

Head Unit - Sony CDX-F5510 - Rs 8100 with B&W
Rears - JBL CS396 - Rs 2900 with B&W
Fronts - Sony (Sorry Forgot the Model Number) - Rs 1300
Amp - Sony 502Z 2 Channel - Rs 3100 with B&W

He says that It sounds awesome - I guess CS396 outputs around 70 W RMS

Now here's my Query
Even I am going in for a similar kind of setup where there won't be any Subwoofers as of now.
For speakers, I will probably go in for Pioneer 6991 if I get them with B&W or some Sony Rears with Outputs around 100 W RMS (Please suggest if you know any that sounds Good). I would love to buy JBL GTO 936e but my budget doesn't allow me - else I will hv to miss out on an Amp and I think HU will never be able to drive 936e's by itself.

I want to power the speakers with an AMP as HU alone will not be able to.
I am getting the Sony 502Z without warranty for Rs 2000. And I am getting a 4 channel A/D/S amp for Rs 3500 without B&W.

Like I earlier mentioned, I want crystal clear sound at Loud Volumes (without distortion) but I don't want to blow the car up (Daewoo Matiz)
If I buy a 2 channel Amp, how should I connect both rears and fronts with it? What should be configuration like?

Thank you.

Last edited by zzzehar : 16th September 2005 at 00:36.
Old 16th September 2005, 01:09   #1629
BHPian

Did you guys seee that.......

"Car Audio Advice from the Audio Guru's: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q! "

Error : Moderators are running low on Disk Space, Please run a Through Search (Disk Cleanup) to maintain some free space on the server.

!!Cheers!! Hahahahahaha
Old 16th September 2005, 01:19   #1630
BHPian

Zehar...I would suggest that you go for a 4 channel amp.....rest the guru's would definitely help
Old 16th September 2005, 01:24   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings
Zehar...I would suggest that you go for a 4 channel amp.....rest the guru's would definitely help
BTW from which special guy did you get your setup from Ludhiana from?
I live in Chandigarh and If there are really masters in Car Audio Engineering, I wouldn't mind driving down to Ludhiana- Just an Hrs drive.
Old 16th September 2005, 01:31   #1632
BHPian

he is not a master in Audio engineering but i think atleast he knew what he was doing rather than the guy I first went to, who dint even know what component speakers were........n this guy is ion Model town......will give you the details tomm........n if u r getting a 502Z for 2k w/o B&W..its a very good price
Old 16th September 2005, 01:33   #1633
BHPian

Zehar let me know if ur getting the 502z for 2k in CHD.....I have done my schooling from YPS mohali hence have many friends there...so will ask someone to get one for me from there because its 2.5K in delhi
Old 16th September 2005, 01:40   #1634
BHPian

Also, Zehar if you can get a few price qoutes without B&W on different brands of 4 channel amps. in chandigarh if you have a good contact...tht will be greaaatttt....
Old 16th September 2005, 01:48   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings
Also, Zehar if you can get a few price qoutes without B&W on different brands of 4 channel amps. in chandigarh if you have a good contact...tht will be greaaatttt....
Sure, I will get you the prices.
For the Sony 502Z, I am sure of the price. The So called Alpine Amp is also on a Rampage here in Chandigarh for around Rs 3200 (4 Channel), But I liked A/D/S as It doesn't look fake and they have It on their website too.

Its Gud to know you are from YPS here, I live in Mohali only.
I just moved to Chandigarh due to my job with Dell.

Last edited by zzzehar : 16th September 2005 at 01:49.

Most Viewed