Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2005, 09:40   #1696
BHPian

Thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Pranil, there are some things you need to know when you install in the Getz. I will post some pics and info tomorrow.
That would be great and as I see U have the hands on exprience of owning the car.
Old 19th September 2005, 11:55   #1697
BHPian

JBL in Hyderabad

Been to Car Tronics yesterday for my install...But being a sunday they didn't have executives on hand. Nevertheless Mr. Vohra(if I've got his name right) told me that One Mr. Santosh is coming to Hyderabad from Saahil International (Sam's Company if I'm not wrong). And also that very soon all Hyundai Showroosm in Hyderabad too will be displaying the JBL Range of Speakers!!

Says he can even arrange for Infinity compos from banglore. but couldn't give me exact pricesfor the equipment so, couldn't finalise the setup. HOw much would the Infinity 6.5" comps Cost? Any idea anyone? Hey MC laren may be you can update me on this!!

Today again I'll be contacting him...let's see if I can finalise my setup....

Checked out a Baleno in which he'd installed Infinity 6.5" in the rear and JBL compos in the front with a JBL 50.4 Amp( Installers had come from Bangalore to install in this car). sounded quality was pretty good but not all that great for the equipment installed.Coulld be that the CD's in the Baleno were MP3. I badly missed my CD's. Then I could have had a real comparsion. And one thing. I didn't find the JBL compos as bright as has been made out! I quite liked their sound. But as i said if i had my audio cd's I would have been able to judge better. Also, the a sub was still not installed so the depth and bassy punch was also missing.
Old 19th September 2005, 12:13   #1698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil
:I was shocked to see only a single chip in the faceplate. Are the Amp circuits inthe main case. In that case why the faceplate gets warm on some model.

Pranil, the face plate contains microswitches and a SMD chip, which is the display driver and switch controller. This is absolutely normal. There is no reason to put the amp circuits in the faceplate. They are normally attached to the thickest rear metal portionof the HU. This creates the heat sink that all IC based and transistor based amplifiers need.

The warmth on the faceplate if from the display. Pioneers use a modern variant of a HV nixie tube heh heh
Honestly, to put it in laymans language, the bulbs in the display create some heat.
Old 19th September 2005, 12:17   #1699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac
Been to Car Tronics yesterday for my install...But being a sunday they didn't have executives on hand. Nevertheless Mr. Vohra(if I've got his name right) told me that One Mr. Santosh is coming to Hyderabad from Saahil International (Sam's Company if I'm not wrong). And also that very soon all Hyundai Showroosm in Hyderabad too will be displaying the JBL Range of Speakers!!

Says he can even arrange for Infinity compos from banglore. but couldn't give me exact pricesfor the equipment so, couldn't finalise the setup. HOw much would the Infinity 6.5" comps Cost? Any idea anyone? Hey MC laren may be you can update me on this!!

I told you hyderabad walas we were coming there in a week. lol
Santhosh is territory manager, south india. His email is santhosh@fxaudio.com (he also carries a blackberry, so expect immediate replies)
and his mobile number is 09845021968.

All of you are free to have intercourse with his brains. Dude, you wanted to consider JBL as a business, this is the man to speak to.
And for infinity prices too. Come on hyderabad!! lol
Old 19th September 2005, 12:34   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I told you hyderabad walas we were coming there in a week. lol
Santhosh is territory manager, south india. His email is santhosh@fxaudio.com (he also carries a blackberry, so expect immediate replies)
and his mobile number is 09845021968.

All of you are free to have intercourse with his brains. Dude, you wanted to consider JBL as a business, this is the man to speak to.
And for infinity prices too. Come on hyderabad!! lol

Thanks Sam! Already mailed Santosh. Will keep you posted.
Old 19th September 2005, 12:36   #1701
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
The warmth on the faceplate if from the display. Pioneers use a modern variant of a HV nixie tube heh heh
Honestly, to put it in laymans language, the bulbs in the display create some heat.
in many HUs you can switch the panel off it helps " keep your eyes on the road and......."
Old 19th September 2005, 14:27   #1702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
in many HUs you can switch the panel off it helps " keep your eyes on the road and......."
"....your hands upon the wheel"
(tadadadadadada tadadadadadada)

"Yeah, we're going to the roadhouse,
Gonna have a real good-time."
Old 19th September 2005, 14:36   #1703
Team-BHP Support

see i knew i did not have to finish those lyrics.....somehow i cant remember what i ate yesterday but can remember most of the lyrics of my 600 odd CDs. Go figure.....
Old 19th September 2005, 15:32   #1704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac

Checked out a Baleno in which he'd installed Infinity 6.5" in the rear and JBL compos in the front with a JBL 50.4 Amp( Installers had come from Bangalore to install in this car). sounded quality was pretty good but not all that great for the equipment installed.Coulld be that the CD's in the Baleno were MP3. I badly missed my CD's. Then I could have had a real comparsion. And one thing. I didn't find the JBL compos as bright as has been made out! I quite liked their sound. But as i said if i had my audio cd's I would have been able to judge better. Also, the a sub was still not installed so the depth and bassy punch was also missing.
If we can fix up a time you can listen to my setup someday...I have no infinity though...it is...all JBL (Compo front, 6*9 rear, dual coil sub and a 50.4 4 channel and 301.1 monoblock amp).
just PM me and I can provide my coordinates...

Last edited by Buffetfan : 19th September 2005 at 15:34.
Old 19th September 2005, 17:00   #1705
BHPian

Thank you so much Buffetfan!! Have PM'ed my mail ID and Phone NO to you.Shall be looking forward to meeting you.
Old 19th September 2005, 18:39   #1706
Senior - BHPian

After months and months of doing research to find an amplifier that suites my needs and meets my budget I have finally found something that suites my budget and meets my requirements!
Blanpunkt GTA 470 (4 channel amplifier) for 7k without bill and 8k with bill is what I have shortlisted:
Specs:
4*70 Watts RMS at 4 ohms
4*100 Watts RMS at 2 ohms
2*200 Watts at 4 ohms
Low pass filter: 50 - 250Hz variable
High pass filter: 50 - 250Hz variable
Bass boost 0 - 12dB variable
Input signal 0.3 - 8.0V (will not accept speaker level inputs)
Four channel mode max power: 4 x 200W into 2 ohms

With this I can give enough power to my components and also drive my subwoofer with 200 watts of juice! Experts chip in..
Old 19th September 2005, 19:52   #1707
BHPian

HI Gunbir,

I added a noise filter to the RCA cabling and the issue got fixed....Thanks though bro.
Old 19th September 2005, 21:07   #1708
BHPian

Hi mood swings

Adding a noise filter will surely get rid of noise but at the expense of altering the sound as well.

Instead you should use better RCA cables and use better grounding position for amps. This occurs due to ground difference between headunit and amplifier and low quality poorly designed RCA Cables.
Old 19th September 2005, 21:29   #1709
BHPian

Phile I am going to get the RCA cabling changed in another month but just to get rid of the Irritating noise this was a good job.......However, what make RCA cabling do you recommend JBL set or BElden or any other specific ones which are better than these both.
Old 19th September 2005, 23:14   #1710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Blanpunkt GTA 470 (4 channel amplifier) for 7k without bill and 8k with bill is what I have shortlisted:With this I can give enough power to my components and also drive my subwoofer with 200 watts of juice! Experts chip in..
i dont see the difference between a 50W amp and a 70w amp. but my wife uses the GTA 450 (along with a velocity) in her car and the GTA 450 sounded nicer than the sony 504. maybe that titbit is useful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks