Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 19:22   #3091
Senior - BHPian

Thanks sam!The one which i wanted in the link aint that great;i chose it coz i thought for some reason that it had bluetooth.
Anyway im not a big fan of alpines so that one is out.Have decided on the pio deh-p680mp.Around $200 and it looks hot!!IT has the dolphins too!!Have told my dad to pick it up so if its a bad choice,please tell me real soon.Also have decided on the sony xs-L103p5b 10'' sub in black.The speakers and amps will be decided soon with lotsa advice from you guys.

chao

binz

Old 23rd March 2006, 21:29   #3092
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
Thanks sam!The one which i wanted in the link aint that great;i chose it coz i thought for some reason that it had bluetooth.
Anyway im not a big fan of alpines so that one is out.Have decided on the pio deh-p680mp.Around $200 and it looks hot!!IT has the dolphins too!!Have told my dad to pick it up so if its a bad choice,please tell me real soon.Also have decided on the sony xs-L103p5b 10'' sub in black.The speakers and amps will be decided soon with lotsa advice from you guys.

chao

binz

Binz , alpine makes one of the best HU that one can get their hands on .. Pioneers are found to be a tad brighter than the alpines , if thats the way u like so be it .. Given a day , a unlimited budget to choose btwn alpine and pio most of the gurus here and me would pick the alpine hands down ..
Old 25th March 2006, 13:48   #3093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
have decided on the sony xs-L103p5b 10'' sub in black.The speakers and amps will be decided soon with lotsa advice from you guys.

chao

binz

Hey Binz, to tell you the truth i dont hear good things about Sony Subwoofers. Any particular reason you have narrowed it down to a Sony Subwoofer?
Old 25th March 2006, 13:58   #3094
Senior - BHPian

Yes, sony's build & quality of subwoofers leave much to be desired. My friend replaced 2 subs in 1 year (due to his negligence) but I dont think they can handle too much stress.
Old 26th March 2006, 11:57   #3095
BHPian

Guys, does gunbir has his own shop and does he do the installation? One of my friends wants to get it done from delhi and I recommended gunbir.

can someone give me the address and phone number of gunbir - I need It urgently.
Old 26th March 2006, 16:41   #3096
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Hey gunbir has his own shop !!!! Man i wanna meet him

And as for Sony Xplod Woofers ... its better u avoid them. if u are working on a budget look for JBL/PIO woofer they are in the same price range 500Rs up or down.

Last edited by aZa : 26th March 2006 at 16:44.
Old 26th March 2006, 17:04   #3097
BHPian

you can contact gunbir or JB.JB's mobile no. is 9891104990.

I hope he doesn't mind.
Old 27th March 2006, 01:23   #3098
Senior - BHPian

Guys.... please... Neither JB nor I own / run any shop(s). We are strictly into the distribution business and supply our products ranges (Image Dynamics, Hertz, Audison, Tru Technology, Connection Audison, AudioAZComp) to authorised retailers and installers.

Our Premium Retail outlets in Delhi are:

a. Autopsyche (KB and Gurgaon)
b. Driven (Mayapuri)
c. Patel Performance (Rajendra Place)

And you can find us hanging around (and pitching in) these places quite often. Well... between Autopsyche's creations, Driven's ICE stuff and Patel's hot imports, do you blame us

Cheers
Old 27th March 2006, 09:47   #3099
Team-BHP Support

JB and Gunbir,

What about Mumbai? Or maybe the market is not big enough for you guys :-)

oh i get it. you guys probably think we mumbaikars are not sophisticated enough to understand your philisophies on audio! :-)

Seriously guys, you 2 along with B&T are 3 of the most elusive people in audio. I am alreay getting information of Hertz, ID and Audison being available in Mumbai albeit when i ask for B&W the answers are evasive enough for me to wonder.
Old 27th March 2006, 10:27   #3100
Team-BHP Support

What brand is B&T associated with?
Old 27th March 2006, 10:39   #3101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Guys.... please... Neither JB nor I own / run any shop(s). We are strictly into the distribution business and supply our products ranges (Image Dynamics, Hertz, Audison, Tru Technology, Connection Audison, AudioAZComp) to authorised retailers and installers........................................ ........................ between Autopsyche's creations, Driven's ICE stuff and Patel's hot imports, do you blame us

Cheers

Hey gunbir not many members know it.So they cant be blamed either.
Man, u r sole distributors of all this excellant stuff in India and members think u r running some shop.

I gave him ur mobile no. as i thought u can help him.Sorry if u dint like it.
Old 27th March 2006, 10:41   #3102
Team-BHP Support

Could someone please help me in tuning the Pioneer 6850? I did an install yesterday for my cousins Santro but I am not happy with the sound. The setup is:
HU - Pioneer 6850
Amp - Sony 444 (Used in 4- channel mode since i couldn't figure out how to bridge the channels to get it in 2 channel mode)
Cables - Earthquake (Couldn't find anything cheaper guess they are duplicate)
Speakers - JBL GTO 936 in a 19 mm thick MDF tray on the rear.

When I use the horn I get a slight cracking sound from the speakers. Get the same sound when the radio is on.

I haven't changed any settings on the headunit. Please help. Thanks.
Old 27th March 2006, 10:51   #3103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Cables - Earthquake (Couldn't find anything cheaper guess they are duplicate)

When I use the horn I get a slight cracking sound from the speakers. Get the same sound when the radio is on.

Cause and Effect.
Old 27th March 2006, 11:39   #3104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
JB and Gunbir,
What about Mumbai? Or maybe the market is not big enough for you guys :-)
oh i get it. you guys probably think we mumbaikars are not sophisticated enough to understand your philisophies on audio! :-)
Navinji... quite the contrary, during the 2004 AV Revolution in Mumbai, we were pleasantly surprised to see the awareness levels of Mumbaikars on Home Audio. We look forward to setting up dealers in Mumbai but from a preliminary perspective, we dont expect big numbers. We are scheduled to visit Mumbai in May (not too distant now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Seriously guys, you 2 along with B&T are 3 of the most elusive people in audio. I am alreay getting information of Hertz, ID and Audison being available in Mumbai albeit when i ask for B&W the answers are evasive enough for me to wonder.
We DONT have ANY representative in Maharashtra. Your source must represent the grey market, which will continue to be a thorn in our collective backsides and we cant do much about them. While I have heard of these retailers saying they CAN supply Hertz, Audison, ID... I have not seen a single product sold or installed yet.

However, if you do have any further information, please to let us know. Your support is invaluable and highly appreciated.

Just the fact that in Delhi (which has thousands of installers, and the largest grey market in the country) we have a handful of authorised retailers and our products are ONLY available through them... should tell you that when we come to MH, it will be through the proper channels and we will be associated only with the best installers & retailers in that region.
We have NO discount policies, we have no grey market contacts, and we dont sell crap. All our business is strictly official...

Cheers

Last edited by gunbir : 27th March 2006 at 11:41.
Old 27th March 2006, 11:44   #3105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Actually Sam, the recent crop of Santros all have this problem. Its the horn relay... Replacing it is the only solution. Contact the Hyundai workshop for replacment under warranty or just DIY.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks