Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 09:52   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: "In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile

For all Fans of Rahman --> This is one as heared from my S

dont miss the part from 2:20, another hit at the massive sound stage !

Cheers!
Mi10
Mi10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 09:04   #377
BHPian

@MI10 - thank you for taking the effort to post the videos. Commendable. When I come to Chennai, I would love to hear this setup.

The sound stage is really awesome. It makes you feel you are in a Ghazal concert.

I am not sure if it's just me but I feel there's reverb. And that adds to the Ghazal concert feeling. It's subtle and sounds perfect for this kind of music. But will it be suited for all kind of music? I don't understand anything about Attenuated, Bandlimited Differential Signal. Must do some reading. But is it that which is giving the reverb?.

P.S.: It is quite possible that it is just me or the recording...

Last edited by akbaree : 19th October 2011 at 09:08.
akbaree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 09:59   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
I am not sure if it's just me but I feel there's reverb. And that adds to the Ghazal concert feeling. It's subtle and sounds perfect for this kind of music. But will it be suited for all kind of music? I don't understand anything about Attenuated, Bandlimited Differential Signal. Must do some reading. But is it that which is giving the reverb?.

P.S.: It is quite possible that it is just me or the recording...
Oh yes, it is because of the differential signal feeding in rears. This reverb type effect works wonders for most types of Indian and Indian flimi music (which accounts for 90% of my collection) However it does not have any impact for other music geners. Infact for soft rock and trace, you will still get a feeling as though you are in a big podium. let me record Hotel California for you..

But to be frank, this video only captures 60% of the real effect. Hope you come down someday for an audition

Thanks for the compliments buddy
Old 20th October 2011, 16:47   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
dont miss the part from 2:20, another hit at the massive sound stage !
Quote:
The sound stage is really awesome. It makes you feel you are in a Ghazal concert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
But to be frank, this video only captures 60% of the real effect. Hope you come down someday for an audition
I am not understanding exactly what is going on here. Can anyone explain?
Old 20th October 2011, 17:12   #380
BHPian

Experiencing the system quality/staging through video I guess..quiet innovative
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 19:34   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I am not understanding exactly what is going on here. Can anyone explain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Experiencing the system quality/staging through video I guess..quiet innovative
Please don't ridicule us guys. Agreed that a audio sample is not an ideal way of conveying the message. But it definitely helps to share with someone who cannot audition it right away. The sample surely gives an idea.

@MI10 - I am eagerly waiting for Hotel California if you are still planning to upload. I will be in Chennai in Jan or Feb for a few days on official work and PM you for sure. If the time works out for both of us, it would be my pleasure.
Old 20th October 2011, 19:47   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please don't ridicule us guys. Agreed that a audio sample is not an ideal way of conveying the message. But it definitely helps to share with someone who cannot audition it right away. The sample surely gives an idea.
I'm not ridiculing, I just wanted to confirm that this is indeed the way it was supposed to work.

Honestly, its farthest from getting an idea of the "soundstage" of the system. There really isn't any substitute to hearing the system in person.
Old 21st October 2011, 00:13   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@MI10 - I am eagerly waiting for Hotel California if you are still planning to upload. I will be in Chennai in Jan or Feb for a few days on official work and PM you for sure. If the time works out for both of us, it would be my pleasure.
Yeah i will do it this weekend Bro, do let me know when you come down, my pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Honestly, its farthest from getting an idea of the "soundstage" of the system. There really isn't any substitute to hearing the system in person.
Hi Ajay, I meant Sound stage because before the rears were in place, i had the imaging upfront, however after the L-R rear fills, the width of the sound upfront seems to have bettered. It more like almost all of sound is coming from dash but there is a certain set of instruments that kinda envelope you giving you this wide sound! Isn't that associated with Sound stage ? No ?

Understand that it would be difficult to capture that in a Audio/Video esp, when one has not heared the setup withour these rear fills
Old 21st October 2011, 08:56   #384
BHPian

Mi10, I'm happy to see the amount of time and effort you are putting in for something that is not your profession.

I Would love to get an audition of your setup, but unfortunately I'm in Aussie at the moment. When I'm back I hope to get a lot of inputs from you for my setup.

Thanks for this thread, it is out of the ordinary in a lot of ways.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 19:51   #385
Senior - BHPian

I just went through all 26 pages just now, and I was stunned!! Wow! What a setup!!! You are really serious about your music, and the end result was well worth all the efforts. 5 * rating ASAP!!

It must have taken a whole lot of guts just to see a brand new car stripped that way But in the end; the result is pure Nirvana I guess!

Youtube is blocked in my office, so I can't wait to go home and see the videos. If I ever drive down to Chennai, I must, I must I must; hear that setup live.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:54   #386
BHPian

Nice setup pal. Pioneer 5050 is a good head unit. At the end of the day you have gone with a setup which sounds good to your ears and gels with your car. I had planned a budget ot 30K and ended up spending 55K on my ICE setup on the I10. Even my wife felt I am crazy as I overshot my budget. As our ICE gurus and friends pointed out we can never be happy till we find the setup which sounds nice to our ears and at times you may end up getting the setup at a lesser cost than the budget you had in mind. Alls well that ends well.
Old 12th January 2012, 16:37   #387
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I own a FIAT Linea Emotion PK. The only thing i hate about a new car is that it comes fitted with a system which 90% of music lovers never like.

After a great difficulty I got rid of my integrated car audio system for 13k. Well many people told me I got at least 3-4k more than street price but then its ok.

Now as a replacement I went in for JVC KD-AVX44 as HU. I had Boston Acoustics from my previous car which I had bought for approx 13k 7 years back. I bought JBL components for approx 10k and JBL subs for 5k. Had Pioneer 944 amp (One of the best as on date also) from my previous car. Used JBL car kit as wiring option. Output is good as per me.

I want ICE pundits to comment on this setup ( Positive/Negative).

The only loss that I feel i had in this entire deal is loosing my steering controls. I want people to suggest me if there is any way I can make up this loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
Nice setup pal. Pioneer 5050 is a good head unit. At the end of the day you have gone with a setup which sounds good to your ears and gels with your car. I had planned a budget ot 30K and ended up spending 55K on my ICE setup on the I10. Even my wife felt I am crazy as I overshot my budget. As our ICE gurus and friends pointed out we can never be happy till we find the setup which sounds nice to our ears and at times you may end up getting the setup at a lesser cost than the budget you had in mind. Alls well that ends well.
Hi Sparsh,

Have not seen your setup. Would love to have a demo of your ICE setup and see if I can make any changes to mine.

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2012 at 15:52. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 12th January 2012, 17:47   #388
BHPian

Hi Gadget freak, PM me a note and we can syncup and do a demo.
Old 12th January 2012, 17:51   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
Hi Gadget freak, PM me a note and we can syncup and do a demo.
Hi Sparsh,

I cannot PM you as i am a new member. But I think you have seen my setup. You kinda liked it. Hope you remember "5050"
Old 13th January 2012, 10:17   #390
BHPian

Hey Gadgetfreak, I do remember you. We did the demo at Shakir's place and also at Hadippa. Whenever we meet up sometime later, I will give you a demo of my car's setup. One thing with ICE is the saga of updates is never ending and its upto us to put a stop when we are happy with our setup and enjoy the music.

Most Viewed