Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 08:17   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Morel Ultimo 12" ?
It indeed is the Morel Ultimo 12"

I ve went just by the review in international forums and hence i have absolutely no justification on why i picked this one instead of ID max or any other competing sub.

But for now, i am just loving the looks of this Israeli beauty (I meant the sub, you pervert )

The handcrafted Carbon fibre in cone area is awesome.

Now the bad parts;
  • I got an 2 ohm sub instead of a 4 ohm which i had ordered. But luckily my amp could support both 4 ohm and 2 ohm load at same power levels.
  • Budget part - with just HU+Midbass+Sub+Mono Amp has managed to cross the 'Big 1' and i am still not complete !!!
  • So for now the midrange takes a back seat. Will be getting my tweeters by Sept second week. Till then i am hunting for a spare tweeter, lets see what materializes.

Here are the Pics,

The last one, to be taken in lighter vein (No offense meant)
Attached Thumbnails
"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-jesusultimo.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-09082010309.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-09082010310.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-09082010316.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-09082010317.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-09082010318.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-09082010319.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-09082010320.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-09082010312.jpg  

Old 10th August 2010, 10:16   #227
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! Your system is shaping up nicely. I check out this thread everyday first thing in the morning. Now quickly find your tweeters and let us know initial listening experiences.
Old 10th August 2010, 10:18   #228
Team-BHP Support

Mi10, where are the install pics?
Old 10th August 2010, 11:12   #229
Senior - BHPian

A very good choice of sub indeed. But beware the output solely depends on the enclosure you use. For the ultimo the best would be to get about 1.25-1.5cu.ft.
There won't be much of difference between 2 or 4 ohm infact the 2 ohm have much lower Le. compared to that of 4ohm. I like that.
Old 10th August 2010, 11:38   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Congrats!! Your system is shaping up nicely. I check out this thread everyday first thing in the morning. Now quickly find your tweeters and let us know initial listening experiences.
Many Thanks Sparkled. I will surely find a way to speed up the whole process

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Mi10, where are the install pics?
Ji, install yet to start. My car will have its third service done this thursday, so i ll be getting on to install after that, sure wil post the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
A very good choice of sub indeed. But beware the output solely depends on the enclosure you use. For the ultimo the best would be to get about 1.25-1.5cu.ft.
There won't be much of difference between 2 or 4 ohm infact the 2 ohm have much lower Le. compared to that of 4ohm. I like that.
Thanks, Abi
Yes, enclosure size is what i am confused about. will have a detailed discussion before installation in this thread.
I really dont know about lower Le, but would have been happy if it was a lower Rs.
Old 10th August 2010, 11:53   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Thanks, Abi
Yes, enclosure size is what i am confused about. will have a detailed discussion before installation in this thread.
I really dont know about lower Le, but would have been happy if it was a lower Rs.
If you need 4ohm ultimo, well simple solution is to get another 2ohm and wire it for 4ohm
Old 10th August 2010, 12:22   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
If you need 4ohm ultimo, well simple solution is to get another 2ohm and wire it for 4ohm
LOL, and hunt for a Amp that can give 2000 W RMS @ 4 ohm load

Can someone give pointers to nice read on enclosure. What are the parameters to be considerd Qts, Qtc, Le - i know nothing about these, will this help me determine the enclosure size ??

Last edited by Mi10 : 10th August 2010 at 12:28.
Old 10th August 2010, 12:37   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL, and hunt for a Amp that can give 2000 W RMS @ 4 ohm load

Can someone give pointers to nice read on enclosure. What are the parameters to be considerd Qts, Qtc, Le - i know nothing about these, will this help me determine the enclosure size ??
Enclosure design is slightly complicated and tricky. I started with enclosure design with some trial and error 13yrs back. One would need to understand each parameter of the subwoofer in order to come to the conclusion of what the right size of enclosure could be. Sealed enclosure could be simpler to learn but complications are there and it gets more when one goes for ported, bandpass, bass horn, transmission line. But simple parameters like Fs, Qts, Vas and cone size are enough to conclude the enclosure size. But, more importantly depends on the xmax, sensitivity, what's the freq. the sub can handle, CMS.
Sealed enclosure size can control the freq. from the sub and size depends on what one is looking at low and smooth response, low and tight, or just some tight punchy bassline.
Could help you with the enclosure size but will depend what you looking at.
Old 10th August 2010, 12:50   #234
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Abi

My priorities;
  • Low and tight bass
  • I dont want extended bass response - i want it to be as accurate and as fast as possible
  • more importantly i own a hatch, so there are inherent limitations with respect to enclosure size.
My previous sub, a GZ-XD AL performed just the opposite in an 1.15 cu.ft enclosure. It was loud, had quite an extended response and was didnt go very low. Not that its bad, but didnt tick on all my boxes. Infact it was quite efficient sub as well, i was giving it only 300 odd rms and still it almost took out my..err..i10's boot
Old 10th August 2010, 13:34   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Abi

My priorities;
  • Low and tight bass
  • I dont want extended bass response - i want it to be as accurate and as fast as possible
  • more importantly i own a hatch, so there are inherent limitations with respect to enclosure size.
My previous sub, a GZ-XD AL performed just the opposite in an 1.15 cu.ft enclosure. It was loud, had quite an extended response and was didnt go very low. Not that its bad, but didnt tick on all my boxes. Infact it was quite efficient sub as well, i was giving it only 300 odd rms and still it almost took out my..err..i10's boot
Getting low and smoother freq range from sub is ideally what I look at and design the enclosure keep that in mind. Latter one can always look at adding a bit of EQ to make it sound tigher and punchier depending on the type of music one plays. That way one could have smoother low end when listening to some of the great old classic tracks plus it's easier to blend it with the front stage. Incase one need the punchier or tighter bass just add a EQ at 40/50hz by upto 2-4db. One can both from one enclosure.
Let me know when you need the enclosure size.

Last edited by Invinsible : 10th August 2010 at 13:38.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:37   #236
BHPian

Hey Mi10, if you want to go to Power Zone send me a PM, I can get him introduced to you too as I did for Gilead. He is really a very good installer and can help a lot in your setup. I am free in the weekends so let me know.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:49   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Hey Mi10, if you want to go to Power Zone send me a PM, I can get him introduced to you too as I did for Gilead. He is really a very good installer and can help a lot in your setup. I am free in the weekends so let me know.
Yup sure. Once i decide the date, i ll call you bro. Most of the things are in place actually.
I would need to get the Amp racks, enclosure for sub, probly the tweeter and sub wiring done.

Rest is all in place, including the POwer and Ground cables for Woofer and Tweeter.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:57   #238
Senior - BHPian

Pravin, see if you can get the Infinity's dual sub ported enclosure (if you are running 2 subs) or the single ported enclosure. The factory build quality is fantastic. Hunt around GP Road and you may get lucky. I don't know anything about the precise calculations though.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:18   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... POwer and Ground cables for Woofer and Tweeter.
Errrr .... Huh?
Old 10th August 2010, 17:48   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Errrr .... Huh?
Means, power and ground cable for the Amps which will be powering the Woofer and Tweeter .

sorry for the confusion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks