Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:21   #166
Senior - BHPian

Sincere Apologies for keeping you guys waiting. Unfortunatley i am held up in office with tons of work (Just when you want to leave early !!!)

So i ll 90% pick it up today, else tomorrow morning first thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I would vote for the Nak. It's outlandish and rare, just like the other stuff in your ICE ;-)
;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Since budget was not a concern and since I am sure you want USB and MP3 playback I think it will be the big daddy p99. Cmon now out with it.
'Budget not a concern' doesn't mean i can spend my entire life's savings on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I'll make it easier for the others.
Its not an alpine.
Thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
my thoughts in bold above.
I haven't used any of the above ji. I am still experimenting with whatever my limited knowledge allows
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:03   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Pioneer DEX-P99rs
Nakamichi CD 700 II
Alpine 9887
Eclipse CD7200 MK II
Pioneer P880 RS
Alpine CDA-117

And one among the above is mine now
I don't remember the model , so I'm not a "threat".
Praveen, Give me a shout when you are gonna get it fixed. If its ok I'd like to tag along.
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:06   #168
Senior - BHPian

My Pre-worshipped Head Unit

At last, here is my HU.

The Eclipse CD 7200 MK II.

What made it to my house ? and why others didnt make it ?

The DEX p99rs - Wanted this one. Unfortunatley Crutchfield wont ship to a Hotel address
Still made an effort by troubling few of my friends asking thier home address and so. But then realized, at 55K only for a HU, i wont be able to have a Sub and its Amp for atleast 6 months !!!. No doubt its a great HU, but prob'ly better common sense prevailed later for me. Had i got this one, i wouldnt be able to do a 3 way active (or 4 way active) anytime in the near future !!!

P.S: For those who were expecting a p99rs, you ll be in a Shock when you see my Mono and Sub -Take my word for it

Nakamichi CD 700 II: A true blooded Audiophile HU. Unfortunatley i am not one at present !!. I had contacts who could source me this for a little above 1000 USD!. But lack of features like USB, Bluetooth was a turn off for me.

Alpine 9887 : As low as 260$ in ebay. The cheapest 3 way active money could get at this point of time. But no USB is a big NO for me. Also Its seen its age. Its bit old now and hence had a look at the CDA 117i

Alpine 117: Superb functionality if you are an avid ipod user. But i dont have an ipod either. Also i dont think you can go full 3 way ative with this HU. Still at less than 235$ its worth the money

Pioneer p800rs: Loved it to the core (till i saw the p99rs). But an external USB adaptor would cost me another 80 odd dollars, taking its retail price close to 600$. Also very rare to find a new peice over internet in US. Issues on noise over other forums kept me away from it

Eclipse CD 7200 MK II: Production stopped !!! Absolutley tough to find over the net. Woofers, Crutchfiled, Sonix, Amazon - nobody has one. This HU had evaded me two times the in my last attempt at ICE and i ultimatley ended up buying a Kenny X693.

Heard this in fellow bhpian Bakiya's set up and the SQ just blew me off. Got all goodies like USB, Blutoth, 8V preout, motorized face plate, Each channel independent TA, Superb Xover range (for active setups) and the legendary Eclipse build Quality. Got a friend to find one in a nearby store. But unfortunatley he wil be coming only this Novemeber!!!! Was desparte to complete my Active setup before Aug end, so didnt want to wait for him

All my options seemed exhausted. I had no choice but to go for the Alpine 9887. Infact almost got one, until there was this thing on sale from a Special friend.

Someone who is as crazy as me (or probly even more) someone who has this itch of upgrading gadgets like maniac. Someone who treats equipments like fellow beings. More importantly Someone who has a deep running passion, and love for ICE.

After a slight negotiation, got my *pre-worshipped* Eclipse and i sincerely hope it will be put to the good use, mated with the best of components my money could buy.

"Hey Eclipse, worry not, for you are in as safe a hand as your previous owner"

Thanks a lot Frank Metha. I owe you one (apart from your dad's CD thats it the Eclipse !!)

Here it is Ladies and Gentlemen,

My Eclipse CD 7200 MK II (sorry for the poor qtly pics, took in poor lighting)
Attached Thumbnails
"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-22072010270.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-22072010269.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-22072010268.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-22072010267.jpg  

Last edited by Mi10 : 23rd July 2010 at 00:12.
Old 23rd July 2010, 07:13   #169
BHPian

Bingo. The moment i saw the HU name you have opted for, i knew it is the one from Frankmetha.
Congrats for your new arrival!!
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:26   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Well, after going through the entire thread, I am sure its gonna be Eclipse !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
At last, here is my HU.

The Eclipse CD 7200 MK II.
As I said, its gonna be eclipse. Oh God! I am always right !!
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:59   #171
naughty001

congratulations on the latest acquisition - the system seems to be shaping up nicely

one question though - whats Frank going to be using now for his car ?

Old 23rd July 2010, 12:11   #172
BHPian

@naughty001, didn't you read Frank's post. He is going for a full fledged Carputer a Car-computer.

Just check his thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-fiesta-s.html
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:38   #173
naughty001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
@naughty001, didn't you read Frank's post. He is going for a full fledged Carputer a Car-computer.

Just check his thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-fiesta-s.html
thanks - i missed that somehow

Old 23rd July 2010, 16:26   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_mouli View Post
Bingo. The moment i saw the HU name you have opted for, i knew it is the one from Frankmetha.
Congrats for your new arrival!!
Thanks, dude. Ya must have been an easy one. Its a Budget install you see ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
As I said, its gonna be eclipse. Oh God! I am always right !!
Yes bro, you were right

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
congratulations on the latest acquisition - the system seems to be shaping up nicely
Thanks Nitin. 9887 was it till the last moment, just that USB worked in favour of 7200 MK II

In a fit of Euphoric Frenzy, went today to a local shop, with help of some tools and labour, installed the HU and Morel Midbasses.

To be honest, the sound feels like,......CRAP !!!!

But have a heart guys, i haven't tuned the HU (and i dont know how to do either, Just started reading the Manual), No Tweeter, Morel needs breaking-in time, I just had time for couple of songs, so on and so forth.

Unfortunatley i was held up big time in RTO today, hence couldnt find time. But deep in my heart i know, this setup is going to be a Killer one, hold on till my tweets' arrive
Old 23rd July 2010, 19:57   #175
Senior - BHPian

Hey i am going to call few bhpians tomorrow to let me know how it actually feels.

For me i have'nt heared anything like this before. I am not commenting its great or good or bad. But These morel must be some kind of drivers. They seem to sound quite different. Really unable to describe the way its sounding.

Right now way better than the first time i heared. Tweaked around and finally did this.
Its running in 3 way Active mode (but actually just 1 way active now )

Its Connected to the Velocity Vpa 2140 Pro (with its crossovers switched off)
Back in HU,
I am BPing the Mids from 63 hz to 3.15 KHz with a 12 db slope for 63 Hz and a Flat response (No slope) for 3.15 Khz. i am doing this as i dont have a tweeter yet, so i ll need some high frequencies for the system to sound better.
The TA, Independent Eqs and other stuff i haven't touched it. Really so much options to fiddle with. I am impressed. Really a pity they decided to stop this beauty.
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:04   #176
BHPian

Mi10, is this an open invite for the audition?
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:09   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Mi10, is this an open invite for the audition?
Ya actually can be, but its not complete, Arun.
Just a pair of Midbasses running of Amp. Nothing Else really (of course there is that super HU )
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:21   #178
BHPian

Haha praveen, yea the super HU. I hope the setup proves to be a benchmark for us to grow on.
Old 24th July 2010, 07:55   #179
Senior - BHPian

Few pics of my install,
Attached Thumbnails
"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-23072010271.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-23072010274.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-23072010277.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-23072010278.jpg  

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-23072010280.jpg  

Old 24th July 2010, 11:43   #180
Senior - BHPian

Take some better pics you meano! I am going to shed a tear seeing that Eclipse installed in someone's car!
Anyways, I know you will respect it as much as I did, and it will serve you well for the years to come.
Congrats on the installation. I almost wet my pants on thinking the install is complete.
Nonetheless the midbasses are already on. Which means 30% of the work is over. Wait till the tweets come on. You will have a lot of more tweaking to do.
Cheers Mi10. Hope you are happy with how it's all shaping up!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks