Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Pics: Bajaj's Small Car

No wonder why Nissan/Renault backed out from the project. I am sure when they see this prototypes their engineers might be scratching their head --"Ye kya nikla...kuch car jaisa tha lekin kya tha."

What was Bajaj thinking when they were making this for Indians. We are no more a nation which was run with controlled markets and we had waiting for Bajaj scooters (though we still love them). We have global car makers in our market providing us the best of their products. How will this vehicle stand out infront of these competitors in terms of brand.

Now even after launch of Tata Nano and not doing wonders I believe that Rahul bajaj should have tried to do some extra homework. Indians want cars but they do not like them to be labelled as cheap cars. Nano failed due to its "cheap" tag. and Nano looked far far better designed product to me than this RE.

They like to call themselves as leader in four wheel automobile segment and not as car makers and I am sure no enthusiast is going to call Bajaj as car maker.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:11   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
Did you even read the article?

Quote:
The RE 60, according to Bajaj has high fuel-efficiency ratios. Bajaj claims that this vehicle has hit 40kmpl under test conditions and a realistic mileage in daily driving conditions should be above 35kmpl. The 200cc rear-mounted engine's emissions will be an incredible 60g of CO2 per km.

Last edited by Bluengel180 : 3rd January 2012 at 15:12.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Ughh...rear mounted, over-bored (I guess), air-cooled autorickshaw engine. Four wheels and a steering. A quadracycle without doubt. I predict it will fall flat. No way it can threaten bike sales.

Anyone remember the concept small car from Kinetic that had some US sourced lawnmower engine? That was an ugly duckling, but this beats it hollow!
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:19   #34
BHPian

If there were Ugly Car Awards this one would win hands down. The car quite literally seems to be built by a joint venture & unfortunately none of the players in the venture told the other what they were making & how they were making it. The result is a car where parts look out of place. The front bumper looks like it has been fitted at the last moment. Interiors also seem to look out of sync with the rest of the car.
Also if I remember right Bajaj was supposed to price this car higher than the Nano. If they still continue to do that then I am going to be more than surprised as to who's going to buy it.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Did you even read the article?
I did & it did mention 800cc at that time.They have updated the article at 3:10 pm and changed it to 200cc.Looks like even they were confused between 200cc and 800cc.
rishab.k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:44   #36
BHPian

re: The Bajaj Qute (RE60)

Its a good step if our Auto's / tuk-tuk's get replaced by this vehicle.

At least traveling in it might be a step up in terms of safety when compared to the current auto-rickshaw.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:56   #37
BHPian

Now this is one car (do we call it a car ? ) which I never want to own. Not even if its given for free.
Good part is that it will make Nano feel beautiful and might increase its sales.
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:03   #38
BHPian

Mr. Bajaj has made it amply clear that their target is the auto-rikshaw segment (a honesty that was lacking in Tata, when they introduced an auto-rikshaw as a car). Comments junking RE60 as a car don't sound fair. It's a 4-wheeled auto with a steering and a provision for AC. I for one would love to see these replace the three wheelers. Especially the steering wheel - the right thing to force some discipline in their random motion.

Aside, a quote like "They have not seen the product yet. They have seen only on virtual media. They will see it in Auto-Expo. If they are disinterested in the four wheeler they are free to walk away", doesn't sound good for a big alliance.
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:04   #39
BHPian

Hmm it reminds me of some of the auto's that I have seen in Bikaner

Really funny looking car. Now this makes nano Feel Upmarket for sure
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:12   #40
BHPian

Seriously expected way better from Bajaj, after seeing their earlier prototype

PICTURE Source: Renault-Bajaj small car
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:18   #41
BHPian

Looking at the current position of wiper in picture, it would be interesting to see how that single wiper works on this RE60.
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Its good if they want to replace every auto with this thing. Else its horrible. The panels dont like they went through mechanised stamping.
Also, will this be real 1 lakh thing?

Last edited by srishiva : 3rd January 2012 at 16:29.
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:38   #43
BHPian

Would prefer sitting in an auto than this match-box for a commute!! Atleast can feel the fresh-air

Nano feels so much more upmarket now!
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:39   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
So we'll have these running on our streets now?Trying to act like auto rickshaws? :/

They haven't revealed the pricing yet. shouldn't exceed 1 lakh

And if its <1 lakh it will make their two wheelers look horribly expensive
Just in,

Bajaj RE60 is likely to be priced between Rs 125,000 and Rs 200,000, giving tough competition to the Tata Nano

Bajaj unveils small car RE60; may price it at Rs 125,000! - Rediff.com Business

-Sajan
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Can some one tell, what is the typical mileage of a rickshaw? Mileage was one area where Nano fell flat. Anything more than 30kmpl is required for these kind of contraptions to sell.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks