Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:49   #46
BHPian

Re: Pics: Bajaj's Small Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Just in,

Bajaj RE60 is likely to be priced between Rs 125,000 and Rs 200,000, giving tough competition to the Tata Nano

Bajaj unveils small car RE60; may price it at Rs 125,000! - Rediff.com Business

-Sajan

Guess bajaj and tata are trying to cater to two different segments:
nano, a proper car for the first-time buyer with a conservative budget.
RE60, a better auto for 2nd time upgrade for auto-wallhas! they should have never called it a car. It would have been well-received as a new version of bajaj-auto!
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:55   #47
BHPian

Old 3rd January 2012, 17:45   #48
BANNED

re: The Bajaj Qute (RE60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Just in on rediff,

Bajaj RE60 is likely to be priced between Rs 125,000 and Rs 200,000, giving tough competition to the Tata Nano

Bajaj unveils small car RE60; may price it at Rs 125,000! - Rediff.com Business

-Sajan

RE60 would be priced between Rs 125,000 and Rs 200,000?

Although I am not sure about the specs, Nano looks really a good bet compared to RE60...
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:45   #49
BHPian

re: The Bajaj Qute (RE60)

Seriously, after all the years and so much talk, is this what they come up with?
I am seriously disappointed, i think they just took the budget part from "BUDGET CAR" and forgot the car part.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:16   #50
BHPian

Seems like this is a competitor to the Mahindra Gio Passenger and the Tata Magic Iris.

Key question is why did they use a petrol engine? A diesel or CNG engine is required for this auto segment.
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:31   #51
BHPian

OMG what have they come up with? What were they thinking?

No wonder Renault moved out. They didn't want to get into the car o rickshaw business.

I guess they are preparing themselves when autos start getting banned due to poor safety, they have a replacement.

Cheers
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

considering the price of auto rickshaw i dont think bajaj will price this lower.
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:46   #53
BHPian

An apt name for the vehicle: "WHATIZZIT". Do they hope to sell ANY? Will win "Ugliest looking, non living, moving object" contest hands down. Even a road roller looks much much better . Did the designers really get paid for this beeyootee?
this beeyootee is priced at 140880. Source Hindustan times. : http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-F...e1-790681.aspx

Last edited by nawalsingal : 3rd January 2012 at 19:06.
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:48   #54

Bajaj's planing to offer this whatever it is for $3000, but as per reports Renault-Nissan wanted the vehicle to hit the market with a $2500.

Hence IMO looking at the response this autocar would get at the Delhi auto expo(which is definitely gona be depressing) and it's pricing we could very well see bajaj going solo on this.

Only time would tell if this is how the urban public transport would look like.

TOI story here
http://toi.in/Hjj2YY

Cheers!
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj is adept at over boring existing engines. This time 150 cc autorikshaw to to 200cc car engine. Earlier M80's 80cc to Saffire's 93cc engine.
The car resembles as Mahindra's GIO clone.
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:54   #56

Would anyone know if this an automatic gear vehicle?
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:55   #57
BHPian

How much engineering is required to make the wiper lie flat at the bottom of the windscreen? I can see 25% of the windscreen below the wiper when it is at rest.
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:58   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't see the criticism. If tomorrow this comes on our roads instead of those noisy three wheelers then it will be a fantastic thing to happen. It looks decent to me. Its reliability and VFM thats more important for it to survive.

BTW can someone throw some light on whats the autowallah's position on these launches? Are they even willing to make a gradual shift and allow these to ply on the road?
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I don't see the criticism. If tomorrow this comes on our roads instead of those noisy three wheelers then it will be a fantastic thing to happen. It looks decent to me. Its reliability and VFM thats more important for it to survive.

BTW can someone throw some light on whats the autowallah's position on these launches? Are they even willing to make a gradual shift and allow these to ply on the road?
On a related note, anybody knows why has the Nano not caught up the Auto/Taxi fascination yet? Is CNG fitment an issue? Is it a license issue? An auto costs the same, so isn't a Nano infinitely better than an auto?

As ugly as it may be; when I compare it to an auto (which is what I think they are targeting), it is very SAFE (and therefore better)

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 3rd January 2012 at 19:06.
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:12   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
On a related note, anybody knows why has the Nano not caught up the Auto/Taxi fascination yet? Is CNG fitment an issue? Is it a license issue? An auto costs the same, so isn't a Nano infinitely better than an auto?

As ugly as it may be; when I compare it to an auto (which is what I think they are targeting), it is very SAFE (and therefore better)
Exactly my point. These cars will be much safer then the Auto anyday. I have seen so many autos flip over on encountering a sudden pot hole. Also try travelling in an Auto in the current Delhi winters and it will be a spine chilling experience literally.

As far as Nano is concerned I feel that Tata isn't interested in selling it to the Taxi segment as yet. Also the high cost may have been a deterrent. Most importantly it was the first of its kind product and people always take a lot of time to change. With more products launching in the similar segment we might start finally seeing a lot of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks