Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2012, 14:03   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Bajaj Qute (RE60)

RE60 is only for autorickshaw drivers says Rajiv!

" Mr Bajaj said that the RE60 is not a Tata Nano rival because the Nano was envisioned for people who are looking to upgrade from a motorcycle to a car but do not have the financial backing. On the other hand, the RE60 is meant only for auto drivers and their passengers."

Bajaj RE60 is only for Autorickshaw drivers says Rajiv Bajaj
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 14:45   #122
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
RE60 is only for autorickshaw drivers says Rajiv!

" Mr Bajaj said that the RE60 is not a Tata Nano rival because the Nano was envisioned for people who are looking to upgrade from a motorcycle to a car but do not have the financial backing. On the other hand, the RE60 is meant only for auto drivers and their passengers."

Yep it is good to see the this being clearly stated. A better autorickshaw is sorely needed but will the Auto unions let this get on the Roads with so many of the current ricks already on the roads. The Nano infact would be a good (and importantly economical) replacement to the Black Premier Padmini Taxi.
Old 5th April 2012, 15:05   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
but will the Auto unions let this get on the Roads with so many of the current ricks already on the roads.
+1: Also, the current autorickshaw drivers might not be very comfortable to drive a 'car' rather than a 3-wheeler without a steering wheel. This definitely is the way ahead in the future - RE60 (four wheeler) replacing the 'RE' (three wheeler), but it will be very interesting to see how this materializes.
Old 12th September 2012, 23:56   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-img20120908wa0000.jpg

Caught this picture on the Pune - Mumbai highway, just outside Hinjewadi. The vehicle was doing decent speeds, plus hardly any auto-type sounds were audible.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 11:44   #125
BHPian

It has been almost a year since this car was displayed at the Auto Expo in Delhi in Jan 2012.

From all indications, the car seems ready for launch ... but yet ...

a. the automotive press isn't eagerly speculating on when it will launch
b. the buying public and car enthusiasts on this forum aren't talking much about it
and
c. Bajaj isn't doesn't appear to be doing any soft pre-launch marketing

I wonder why this is the case.

My take is that this product is MUCH closer to fulfilling the needs and aspirations of 2 wheeler owners wishing to upgrade to a 4 wheeler, than any other car currently available in the Indian market.

What do you think ?
Old 28th December 2012, 12:25   #126
Senior - BHPian

Some comments on this thread are so harsh, it shows how little knowledge and poor understanding we have of things, and yet how supremely capable we are, of being [quickly] judgemental [with the assumption that we're very witty]. Shame!
Old 31st December 2012, 14:52   #127
Senior - BHPian

IAB have reported the spy images of RE60 without any camouflage in Pune. Here is link to their report:

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/12/b...-in-pune-58566
Old 8th March 2013, 22:05   #128
Senior - BHPian

Spotted 2 vehicles Near Pune. this car was cruising at the speed of 80, firing was Similar to tata nano. also on breaking the real lights illuminated in a very neat design.
Attached Thumbnails
The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-bajajre2.jpg  

The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-bajajre1.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2013, 08:41   #129

Re: Spied: Bajaj ULC aka RE60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Hmm.. Is it just me or this thing looks similar to a M&M's Gio?

I had done something quite similar https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7339205&type=3

What I expect is Bajaj would also introduce a version where the roof would be made from cloth type material to keep the cost low and provide no doors on the ULC vehicle. Basically a rickshaw with 4 wheels

M&M has an electric Gio done is same way.
Maybe they should hire you!!!
Old 6th April 2013, 21:48   #130
BHPian

RE60: India's first quadricycle by Bajaj Auto

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/19413527.cms

The RE60 has a kerb weight of 450 kgs, emits 50 gms of carbon dioxide per km, and delivers high fuel efficiency of over 35-40 kms per litre

The vehicle will be powered by 216-cc petrol engine delivering 20 horsepower with a maximum speed of 70 kms per hour.

Somehow, it looks like a toy, very flimsy, but I guess, good for 3 wheeler Auto replacement. One of the biggest issue with 3 wheeler auto, besides stability, is problems during rains.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th April 2013 at 05:44. Reason: Posts moved to existing thread.
rohit0103 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 23:04   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: RE60: India's first quadricycle by Bajaj Auto

That must be the Pulsar 220 DTS Fi engine, I guess.
The RE 60 looks like a poor man's Nano.
Awful fit and finish and design ! Even the Sipani Badal was better looking !
Who will buy such an ugly looking prodigy, when many second hand cars of trusted makes will remain available for the same price ?

Really an awful offering from Bajaj Auto.
It must be the manifestation of their hidden angst and frustration owing to the shelved small car plans as a joint venture with Nissan.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 6th April 2013 at 23:16.
Old 7th April 2013, 00:11   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
That must be the Pulsar 220 DTS Fi engine, I guess.
The RE 60 looks like a poor man's Nano.
Awful fit and finish and design ! Even the Sipani Badal was better looking !
Who will buy such an ugly looking prodigy, when many second hand cars of trusted makes will remain available for the same price ?

Really an awful offering from Bajaj Auto.
It must be the manifestation of their hidden angst and frustration owing to the shelved small car plans as a joint venture with Nissan.
My friend, I couldn't agree more with you, it looks hideous! Looks like a mutated frog!

But this is India, the first question every asks "Kitna mileage deti hai"?

Quote:
and delivers high fuel efficiency of over 35-40 kms per litre
This is the magic number! at a time when petrol prices are going through the roof this might just beat the nano if priced appropriately.
Old 7th April 2013, 00:18   #133
Senior - BHPian

This created a furore as Bajaj's small car isn't it? And there is a thread existing on this. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...-ulc-re60.html

Last edited by rajeev k : 7th April 2013 at 00:20.
Old 7th April 2013, 08:37   #134
BHPian

Folks, this is an auto rickshaw replacement- not in league of Duster, Ecosport, i20, SUV, MUV etc and so on so forth.
So, I doubt anyone in this forum is going purchase to own it !!
May be, take ride from home to railway station or airport. probably a good option for call cabs.
So, would you take a ride to your destination in this instead of a 3 wheeler ? probably yes. Although, I admire the autowallahs for their ability to squeeze in and block even 6
inches of space on the road.

Self Drive to your office ? Definitely no.

But, then this forum is severely skewed in favor of Upper Middle and Upper, English speaking classes, right ?
Ask a driver living in slums if he would like to own this to improve his family's income.

No offense to anyone, please.
rohit0103 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 20:53   #135
Senior - BHPian

^^ Absolute spot on post. Fully agree with your views regarding the RE60.
People are commenting on awful fit and finishing, looks like a toy, so must be very flimsy,who will buy this frog like vehicle so on and so forth. Now all these comments coming from a few spy pics, with the engine config unknown, the price unknown and Bajaj's positioning unknown.
Asthetics aside (I know it may not be a good looking car), but so are several starting from a truncated Ritz, to a toad shaped Swift to a breadbox on high wheels aka Yeti. However ugly they look, they sell based on certiain strengths they have, and likewise the RE60 will also sell based on how good or bad the vehicle is.

If it is indeed a replacement for a rickshaw, then kudos to Bajaj to correctly implement a 4 wheeled rickshaw. Even with higher cost price and higher meter fare, since it seats atleast 1 more than a rickshaw, the driver will recover earnings faster.

Our forum made similar mistakes when commenting on pre launch India, with some elitist people claiming since scooterists would now buy cars, it would increase traffic and they couldnt drive their expensive rides freely. Lets give Bajaj a chance, and comment on the cons after the launch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks