Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2017, 11:55   #46
BHPian

Re: FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

As one can see, even the flight route is not visible at times. Anyone who can throw more light on it?
This is because the these areas do not have a coverage. For example try looking at the DEL - ORD or BOM - JFK flights. They will loose track close to Iceland.
Old 26th April 2017, 12:10   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
This is because the these areas do not have a coverage. For example try looking at the DEL - ORD or BOM - JFK flights. They will loose track close to Iceland.
Well, if you look at quoted post, the Beech Air private owner aircraft starts showing after Gurgaon. So I meant the invisibility at locations where there is enough coverage.
Old 28th April 2017, 00:10   #48
BHPian

Since there are quite a few FR24 hosts here , can anyone advise the applicable Indian law which confirms that being an FR24 host is legal in India ?

I am not talking about the Fr 24 App nor the website, which if restricted could have been blocked in India . It is not and thus I assume it is legal.

I am instead talking about FR24 Hosting in India. From what I understand (feel free to correct if I am wrong) so far from this thread, you are hosting an equipment for an organisation of which you are not an employee. The organisation sends you from abroad an electronic equipment without payment from your side. You use the equipment to feed data to a server located outside the country.

This is not to create any controversy but just to clarify. Each country has its rules however archaic or contemporary it may be and it is upto us citizens to respect it. I just want to be aware of the applicable rules which confirms that being a FR24 Host is legal in India.

An earlier poster bejoy has raised his concerns as well

Quote:
Coming to the hosting, it is a grey area where the legality is concerned. Of course, it is a over-the-air information that is freely available. But the question is whether the person hosting it is the intended receptor of this information let alone transfer the same to a 3rd party host in another country. The legality varies between countries and when it comes to India, we are the slowest to adopt, legalize and formalize any such advancements in technology.
So can some of the hosts clarify for the benefit of everyone?
TKMCE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 00:44   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
Since there are quite a few FR24 hosts here , can anyone advise the applicable Indian law which confirms that being an FR24 host is legal in India ?
This Govt of India press release seems to indicate that Govt encourages ADS-B live tracking of aircraft
http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelea...x?relid=105006

This article too seems to indicate that Govt security agencies have no issues
http://www.bangaloreaviation.com/201...rested-in.html

Quote:
The Duo was also using the AirNav RadarBox which is a Real Time Virtual Radar using ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast) radar signals. Just like scanners for audio broadcast, the box is only a receiver and projects a virtual image of the ATC radar screen and most of the security agencies involved in the investigation have given clearance to the software.
Also, do a Google search for "DGCA ADS-B". DGCA stands for Director General of Civil Aviation. They have uploaded a couple of PDF files on this matter.

Last edited by SmartCat : 28th April 2017 at 00:48.
SmartCat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 13:06   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
This is a very informative thread! 5 Stars...

I was told that there are virtual highways that airplanes use, specially for the cross atlantic crossing between the US and Europe/African continents.

There are supposed to be around 11 highways for cross atlantic flights.

Wondering if you have any screen shots showing those. Are there similar highways between Europe and Asia/Middle East / Africa ? If yes, can someone describe or highlight those ?

I always used to wonder why do flights from say Florida, go all the way up and then turn towards Europe/Middle East...This became clear after seeing the FR24 flight maps.
Wendover production channel on YouTube has a nice video explaining the sky highways the flights take between US and Europe.

They have other interesting videos related to aviation sector in general as well. Take a look:
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 05:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

How to make a DIY ADS-B receiver to share data with FR24.

https://blog.flightradar24.com/blog/...tion-for-free/
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 19:31   #52
BHPian

Hi @BoneCollector, my Receiver and antenna arrived a couple of days back. I installed it today only and activated my account. So far it has reported more than 100 flights in less than a couple of hours.

Your thread was of great help and guide to me. Thanks for the detailed information and useful thread .
2himanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 19:55   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2himanshu View Post
Hi @BoneCollector, my Receiver and antenna arrived a couple of days back. I installed it today only and activated my account. So far it has reported more than 100 flights in less than a couple of hours.

Your thread was of great help and guide to me. Thanks for the detailed information and useful thread .
Great to hear this. Where are you located at?
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 20:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Great to hear this. Where are you located at?
I'm located at Karanja, central India, Maharashtra.

My place is an intersecting point of many aircrafts criss-crossing in east-west and north-south directions.
Old 25th June 2017, 06:29   #55
BHPian

Just was able to follow AI-1 (Air India -One PMO plane landing in DC area.) Does anyone know why these details aren't encrypted?

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-ai1.jpg
Old 25th June 2017, 11:51   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Just was able to follow AI-1 (Air India -One PMO plane landing in DC area.) Does anyone know why these details aren't encrypted?

Attachment 1650949
From what I can see on FR24, AI 1 / AIC 1 has its ADSB transponder in an un-encrypted format whether it is designated AI 1 or not.

Maybe the aviation gurus can comment?
Old 17th March 2018, 22:06   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

One year as a host, have had some issues with my internet service provider in last 1 year. And also the adapter seems to lose the connection to the receiver at times.

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-img_20180317_213355.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 09:14   #58
Senior - BHPian

Made a PI24 and now tracking & feeding to FR24 successfully.

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-img_20180406_220631_hht.jpg

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-img_20180406_220644_hht.jpg

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-screenshot-4.png

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-screenshot-5.png
blackasta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 20:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Any particular advantage of making it (other than the joy of a successful DIY project, and the free business plan) over getting the hardware from FlightRadar?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 7th April 2018, 21:54   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
Any particular advantage of making it (other than the joy of a successful DIY project, and the free business plan) over getting the hardware from FlightRadar?

Regards
Sutripta
FlightRadar doesn't give you the equipment unless your geographical location is short of active feeders. Hence there is no way to get the equipment AFAIK if your area already has enough feeders.

I have a silver membership for FR24. I use it regularly to track my parents flights and also keep track of my flights when I travel. In addition it also feeds my curiosity very well by letting me see the travel history of aircrafts especially EK, their age and other statistics.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks