Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2020, 20:28   #106

Re: FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
is your dvb-t stick good? Are you using dump1090-mutability with beast mode?
How about fr24? Is it showing up there?

Hi govigov
I basically I have no function. I am new to RasPI so still finding my way around, I dint even know the feeder was basically a PI till i opened it.
So, I came home on day to a unplugged feeder, dint pay any attention to it till next morning. and when i plugged it in finally nothing happened.

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-2.-powered-up.jpg

It basically stays like that. Blank screen. If you notice there is a crack on the screen but that has never bothered the equipment from functioning properly before.

After removing the top cover and plugging it again.

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-4.1-powered-up-wo-cover.jpg

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-4.2-powered-up-wo-cover.jpg

All the contacts were checked for tightness and were OK. No lose wire or signs of a short board.

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-4.3-powered-up-wo-cover.jpg

My SD card reader is MIA, have ordered one and will received tomorrow and then maybe will know what state that is in. I read somewhere that since the act light is not flashing/blinking, it probably means the SD cannot be read either due to a corrupt card or lose contact. True?

Like I said I am new to RasPI and I have no technical background however not afraid to explore. If you don't mind telling me what dump1090, dab-t stick, beast mode and mutability mean. Feel free to point me to a webpage that has those info.

I was not sharing the data with FR24 basically because i dint know I could share.

Again, any help will be appreciated.
Old 15th July 2020, 11:11   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harditthind View Post
I was not sharing the data with FR24 basically because i dint know I could share.
Totally confused me now. If you aren't / weren't sharing data with FR24, where did you get this setup from?

I'm keen to host one but FR24 have twice rejected my application as my area BLR (near to KIAL airport) seems to be well covered as of now.
Old 15th July 2020, 11:24   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Totally confused me now. If you aren't / weren't sharing data with FR24, where did you get this setup from?

I'm keen to host one but FR24 have twice rejected my application as my area BLR (near to KIAL airport) seems to be well covered as of now.
I am hosting a feeder for FlightAware. Separate website. You may try them, they are more forgiving when it come to sending out feeders.

Having said that I contacted FR24 a week ago, to explore a possibility of hosting their feeder too. And they came back saying that if I have FlightAware's feeder i can share the same data with them (this is allowed by FlightAware) by editing some code (my feeder was KAPUT before I could try that). I guess both the companies have a data sharing agreement.
harditthind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 12:26   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am hosting a feeder for FlightAware. Separate website. You may try them, they are more forgiving when it come to sending out feeders.
Sincere apologies . Blame it on the lockdown effect. I have just submitted my request to Flightaware.
Old 31st July 2020, 14:57   #110
BHPian

Quote:

Having said that I contacted FR24 a week ago, to explore a possibility of hosting their feeder too. And they came back saying that if I have FlightAware's feeder i can share the same data with them (this is allowed by FlightAware) by editing some code (my feeder was KAPUT before I could try that)
Does FR24 provide all the benefits they provide while hosting their feeder if I'm feeding them with the flightaware feeder or is it just like hosting our own in-house built feeder which has no perks?
Old 31st July 2020, 15:49   #111

Hi Vijai

FR24 upgrade your account to what they call “business plan” as long you are providing them data. FR24 don’t really care if it’s their feeder you are hosting or your own rig.
Old 31st July 2020, 18:11   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vijai

FR24 upgrade your account to what they call “business plan” as long you are providing them data. FR24 don’t really care if it’s their feeder you are hosting or your own rig.
Really? I applied long back and they rejected (obviously since I live very close by to airport) but I don't remember anywhere reading that if I build by own feeder I'd still be eligible for the business plan? Since their ADS-B receivers are high powered and DIY really don't have that much power. I was only eyeing at their business plan and hence never cared to set up my own receiver. Could you link me to somewhere it says that even diy are eligible?
Old 31st July 2020, 18:17   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijai View Post
Really? I applied long back and they rejected (obviously since I live very close by to airport) but I don't remember anywhere reading that if I build by own feeder I'd still be eligible for the business plan? Since their ADS-B receivers are high powered and DIY really don't have that much power. I was only eyeing at their business plan and hence never cared to set up my own receiver. Could you link me to somewhere it says that even diy are eligible?
Here you go

https://www.flightradar24.com/share-your-data
Old 31st July 2020, 19:41   #114
BHPian

Quote:
How did I miss it Applied with flightaware and within 30mins received a questionnaire which seems be very basic and they seem to be more interested in the photos. Will be taking some photos tomorrow in angles where maximum elevation is seen Let's see how it goes. If I get the receiver, first thing I'd be doing is to start sharing data with FR24 which seems have a lot nicer UX. Is there any official guide by FR24 or FA to cross share the data from FA to FR24?

Last edited by vijai : 31st July 2020 at 19:43.
Old 31st July 2020, 22:06   #115

If you email FR24 after you have your FA receiver setup, they will send you an email right away detailing how to share data with them in a FA receiver.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:32   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

FlightRadar24 is down since last few hours. Apparently there has been an attack (cyber attack) on it and they are working on it. There are no flight details shown nor anything else.

Link

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-screenshot_20200929063424.jpg

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-screenshot_20200929063349__01.jpg

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-screenshot_20200929063358__01.jpg
Old 17th December 2020, 12:18   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Rare nowadays to see a 747F fly into BLR, and that too 30 years old. Terra Avia Airlines out of Moldova:
Attached Thumbnails
FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-ta.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 17th December 2020 at 12:20.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 15:02   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Heard an unusual sound signature but could not see in person . Must be ferrying back the support crew & ground equipment for the B1-B Lancer.
Attached Thumbnails
FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-screenshot_20210209144803.jpg  

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-screenshot_20210209144820.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 21:44   #119
BHPian

Did the B1-B ever land in India or was just a fly by ?

Any thoughts on why was the B1 specifically flown in ?
Old 10th February 2021, 22:09   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Did the B1-B ever land in India or was just a fly by ?

Any thoughts on why was the B1 specifically flown in ?
It came to Bangalore for the Aero India.

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-20210210_221539.jpg
With LCA Tejas.

Source

Video

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-screenshot_20210210223404__01.jpg
Source

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-20210210_223347.jpg
Source

FlightRadar24 - Live Flight Tracker. My experience as a host-20210210_223802.jpg
Source

Last edited by BoneCollector : 10th February 2021 at 22:32.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks