Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 14:18   #991
Senior - BHPian

CoBus in BIAL

Have anybody seen left hand driven automatic CoBus in BIAL. It is used for passenger transportation inside airport. Similar CoBus available in Suwarnbhumi Airport, Thailand. I have boarded CoBus in Bangalore as well as in Thailand. Both were same in type and build.

I wonder how Indian government allowed to import Left Hand Drive Buses. Each bus cost Rs. 20 Million compared to Rs. 6 Million for ashok leyland. These buses are capable of carrying 112 passenger at a time.

For more information about CoBus see Contrac Cobus Industries | fast and economical transfer of airport passengers
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:57   #992
BHPian

I have travelled in a lexia S700 coach which used to come with scorpio headlights .
Old 2nd February 2009, 23:52   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
Took this video when we went on a Mini OTR, TATA SE trucks at its best.

YouTube - Tata 1613SE
Wow. amazing video. Nice find buddy, keep it up.
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:35   #994
BHPian

Spotted LCV at Chennai

Saw one of these cargo vehicles in chennai today with 'ON TEST' stickering on the windshield and rear window. It looked extremely boxy and outdated, almost 80's design. Though the boxy design made me think Mahindra at first, a crawl through the web pointed towards some '90s Suzuki and Daihatsu mini trucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-dsc00051.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-dsc00052.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2009, 09:32   #995
Senior - BHPian

seems like Hyundai to mee..
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:21   #996
Senior - BHPian

that may be a premier sigma based vehicle.
Old 3rd February 2009, 11:21   #997
Senior - BHPian

that probably looks like a Mitsubishi L200 based vehicle to me.. I hope a good company like Mahindra doesnt launch anything like this here in India. Utility wise its going to rock if the powerplant and other important aspects are good but please dont sell us stuff which has already turned into scrap in other countries decades ago..
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:26   #998
BHPian

Looks more like a cut out voyager
Old 9th February 2009, 11:08   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by railfanwithk750 View Post
Saw one of these cargo vehicles in chennai today with 'ON TEST' stickering on the windshield and rear window. It looked extremely boxy and outdated, almost 80's design. Though the boxy design made me think Mahindra at first, a crawl through the web pointed towards some '90s Suzuki and Daihatsu mini trucks.
Thank you for this scoop.
We're looking to get a Tata Ace,this year. We'll reconsider now if this is from a Japanese company.
I've almost lost all faith in Indian engineered Micro trucks.
Old 9th February 2009, 11:17   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Isn't that the new Ashok Leyland Czech-derived (co they took over last year) LCV which Al wants to introduce in India?
Old 9th February 2009, 21:37   #1001
BHPian

That unidentified truck is definitely bigger than a Tata Ace. It's more of the Mahindra Voyager size. But looks horribly outdated nevertheless!

Scoops more! Saw a sexy black Tata pick-up truck based on the Sumo Grande in a Tata-Fiat combi-Showroom on Velachery Road, Chennai. Didn't get a chance to click it, will click it some time later. The front quarter is nothing different from the Sumo Grande, but the rear quarter does look good, somewhat like the Chevy Trucks! Guess It's going to be a luxury version of the 207. What are they going to call it? 207 Grande?
Old 9th February 2009, 22:38   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Isn't that the new Ashok Leyland Czech-derived (co they took over last year) LCV which Al wants to introduce in India?
I think they also have a JV with Nissan to make LCVs in Chennai. This one looks very 80s Japanese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by railfanwithk750 View Post
The front quarter is nothing different from the Sumo Grande, but the rear quarter does look good, somewhat like the Chevy Trucks! Guess It's going to be a luxury version of the 207. What are they going to call it? 207 Grande?
Its a Xenon, replacement for the T-mobile.
Old 10th February 2009, 00:21   #1003
nbr
BHPian

no,thats Ex daewoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

Ashok Leyland took over lcv range of the Ex DAEWOO company.that model was something with starting with A (i guess Atria) It looks much better then these models
Old 10th February 2009, 08:24   #1004
Senior - BHPian

The golden era of LCVs in India

It was in the middle of the 80's. The Government eased some guidelines and allowed Indian companies to get into 'joint ventures' with foreign companies.

Four companies picked the gauntlet
  1. DCM (Textile company) with TOYOTA
  2. SWARAJ (Tractor company) with MAZDA
  3. EICHER (Auto ancillary company) with MITSUBISHI
  4. ALLWYN (Andhra Pradesh government undertaking) with NISSAN
They launched incredible products.
  1. DCM-TOYOTA launched the DYNA, also a bus based on the truck, the DYNA CLIPPER. The company has since wound up and its very rare to see these trucks on the road. Its easier to see the bus being used as a school bus. Most of then are rickety and are at the fag end of their lives.
  2. EICHER-MITSUBISHI launched the CANTER. Its was the most successful model, and took the market by storm. It still survives and is doing well for itself, albeit in the same form that it was available more than 25 years ago
  3. SWARAJ MAZDA launched the PRESTIGE, it did extremely well, especially the bus format based on the truck. Still doing well and surviving
  4. ALLWYN NISSAN launched the CABSTAR. Its was the smallest of the lot, being a government company, it was the first one to go belly up. Its was bought by the MAHINDRAs, who changed the name to CABKING and it still struggles on.
The knock-out punch was delivered by the TATA 407. It came in the late 80's and killed off the JAP LCVs

Everyone seems to have forgotten them, though they were kings in their time and contibuted their share to get the Indian automobile industry to where it is today
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-eicher-mitsubishi.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-swarajmazda1.jpg  

Old 10th February 2009, 10:08   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
Ashok Leyland took over lcv range of the Ex DAEWOO company.that model was something with starting with A (i guess Atria) It looks much better then these models
The name of the Czech company Al took over is Avia.

Here is a photo of that LCV.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks