Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2023, 22:25   #106
BHPian

Re: Air India's Pee-gate incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I actually am starting to feel sorry for the captain. He's on his rest break and it is reasonable to expect that he isn't disturbed unless absolutely necessary. After all, he needs to fly the plane later. The situation the cabin crew encountered is obviously a nasty one but it is not an emergency. No lives are in danger here and the correct response is easy - help the woman clean up and move her.

Is it possible that, there is rule that a pilot has to get X hours of Continuous rest?

I'm sure that there are rules regarding this sort of things. If Pilots don't get the prescribed amount of rest, I think they have to face action.

Maybe that is why the crew was afraid of waking him up.
But I don't understand why the acting Captain doesn't have this authorit while the Main Captain is resting.
Old 10th January 2023, 23:42   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Is it possible that, there is rule that a pilot has to get X hours of Continuous rest?

Maybe that is why the crew was afraid of waking him up.
But I don't understand why the acting Captain doesn't have this authorit while the Main Captain is resting.
I do not know about the rules but the bigger point is, it doesn't matter. The cabin crew should use their common sense and fix the issue. If there is a fire (metaphorical or literal), the response should be to put the fire out, not wake a sleeping captain up to ask what to do! Even worse, this crew did neither for several hours. That's just unfathomably stupid.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 10th January 2023 at 23:45.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 23:47   #108
BHPian

Emotional scar and mental trauma will remain with the lady for long. I was surprised on reading the whole sequence of events. Compromise cannot happen in situations like these.

Banning alcohol may not be a definite solution but crew should assess and serve alcohol accordingly.
Old 11th January 2023, 06:03   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Here’s what others do when passengers are drunk/unruly.

https://7news.com.au/travel/air-avia...port-c-9405248

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status...BbaIhIWXCxlfCA

Jetstar passengers sing and cheer as ‘drunk’ NSW woman kicked off plane at Gold Coast airport.

A few punters broke out into an impromptu rendition of Steam’s 1969 classic ‘Na Na Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye)‘.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 09:25   #110
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievable stuff!
Clearly a case of a very poor banker - couldn’t manage the excess liquidity in the system!
rrsteer is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 10:37   #111
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Quite frankly I never understood why airlines serve unlimited alcohol on flights. Food is a necessity, but alcohol?
100% agreed. As someone who throws parties very often, one thing I have realised is, Indians cannot handle free alcohol. Even those who are otherwise sober & reserved at pubs / restaurants (where they pay for drinks) get absolutely smashed at parties with an open free bar.

Airlines need to put a strict cap on the number of drinks. A simple black & white rule, no grey areas of deciding subjectively how drunk the passenger is. Something like 1 drink every 2 hours, with a cap of 2 or 3 drinks on a long 9-hour flight.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 10:52   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
100% agreed. As someone who throws parties very often, one thing I have realised is, Indians cannot handle free alcohol.
Its not only us Indians who travel business class in AI. This particular flight was from NY to Delhi and other nationals would also be accommodated. If i am not wrong, only Air Soudia and Air Iran don't allow liquor in their flights. As many have pointed out, its finally up to the captain to make decisions on such occasions. Is the Captain on this particular fight an expat?.
Old 11th January 2023, 18:12   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

A twist in the crime

Quote:
Accused Shankar Mishra blames crew, says 'was forced to accept the crime'
Quote:
the accused mentioned that he was asked by the crew to admit to the crime and cooperate. He further said that he was asleep when he was woken up by the crew saying that he was the alleged perpetrator of the crime. He said that he does not remember but he had to tender an unconditional apology and even promised a compensation to the woman.
Quote:
he thought the matter was settled and on December 19 he got a text from the victim's daughter that there should be no further communication. As the flight had been cleaned, he had no way to prove his innocence.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th January 2023 at 18:13.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 19:53   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
A twist in the crime
But from news reports his Lawyer is not arguing the case along the same lines.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 03:06   #115
BHPian

Another pee-gate incident averted because this time, the pee was at the gate and not inside the aircraft on some passenger.

Quote:
A 39-year-old drunken man was arrested for allegedly urinating at a gate in the departure area of terminal-3 at the IGI Airport in Delhi. Jauhar Ali Khan, a resident of Bihar who was arrested after the Sunday evening incident, was later released the same day on a bail bond, police said.
A senior police officer said they received information Sunday around 5.30 pm that a person urinated publicly at gate number-6 in the departure area of terminal-3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport.

According to police, Mr Khan seemed to be in a drunken condition. He created a nuisance at a public place by screaming and abusing other people.
Link
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 16:56   #116

Nothing much to add, the pee gate episode is a clear indication of how Air India works, though I have flown them a few times and there was nothing alarming, this event is failure of the crew, from the top to the bottom, excluding the 2 junior crew who cleaned up the seat, which, if it wasn’t done, the whole cabin would have started to stink over time 😜
Old 13th January 2023, 16:21   #117
BHPian

Mr. Mishra has fallen to new lows with his following statements in court.

Pee-Gate Shocker: Woman Peed On Herself, Says Arrested Executive

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pee-...-court-3689185

What is even more pathetic is that the septuagenarian citizen is receiving threatening messages for the current chaos caused by Mr. Mishra.

Just Pathetic!!!
frewper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 16:59   #118
Team-BHP Support

Unimaginable. This man has extraordinary lawyers to cook up stories such as this.

Also this?

Quote:
The woman has a problem of incontinence. She urinated on herself. She is a Kathak dancer, 80% of kathak dancers have this issue
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/96964484.cms
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 21:17   #119
BHPian

The lawyer has guts to fabricate such a story despite a fellow passenger confirming the incident. Isn't it perjury to deliberately lie in a court of law if the same can be proven to be wilful / with malafide intent ?
Old 13th January 2023, 22:36   #120
BHPian

Link to news

The victim has come forward and finally broken her silence.

Given the pathetic claims by Mr. Mishra in court, I think any one would be outraged.

A respectful and Padma awardee, the victim deserves the highest respect from society and this is what she has got.

Mr. Mishras father should be ashamed of his son and himself for supporting him publicly.

Air India has a lot of answering to do. Least they can do is to fix their attitude.

I am pretty sure the complaint written by the co-passenger Dr. Sugata Bhattacharjee and handed over to the cabin crew never reached the concerned people. Because Air India had confirmed that they came to know about it only after the email was written to the chairman.

I think Air India needs to start firing people for this gross negligent attitude.

If Air India cannot respect a Padma awardee in this gross violation of human dignity, you can just imagine what they will do to the rest of us.

Air India can now stop putting up with this façade of being an ethical company. Nor can they care for their customer while selling a car, nor can they take care for a senior citizen who has bought glory to this country on the world stage.

Shame on you Air India !!!
Its not just Mr. Mishra who committed a crime here. You stood next to him and said "chalta hai".

Last edited by frewper : 13th January 2023 at 22:37. Reason: minor edits
frewper is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks