Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2023, 09:30   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Air India's Pee-gate incident

So the urinator Mishra Jr. does a new u-turm in court "she urinated on because she suffered from incontinence". Apparently he only opened the fly of his pant in an inebriated state.

Seems like the lawyer and team have been spending the nights coming up with new excuses.

Source: link
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 10:25   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewper View Post
Mr. Mishras father should be ashamed of his son and himself for supporting him .

Shame on you Air India !!!
Its not just Mr. Mishra who committed a crime here. You stood next to him and said "chalta hai".
Initially I felt bad for this guy for having lost his job for his stupid act, but day after day it looks like this guy and now his lawyer are rotten from inside to push such defence arguments in front of the court and instead of defending his own act which is as per court proceedings, put the lady to shame and speak about her own state and put the blame on her. Just disgusting beyond belief and both this guy and whoever came up with such a defence argument must be unemployed for life.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 10:40   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
The lawyer has guts to fabricate such a story despite a fellow passenger confirming the incident. Isn't it perjury to deliberately lie in a court of law if the same can be proven to be wilful / with malafide intent ?
What amazes me is that the so called legal profession in India feels comfortable making claims that are blatant lies. Lawyers are supposed to believe statements that they make. They can be disbarred for professional misconduct when they lie. But this lawyer (and plenty of others) feel no shame in blatantly lying in court and suborning perjury.
Hayek is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 10:43   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewper View Post
Link to news

The victim has come forward and finally broken her silence.

Given the pathetic claims by Mr. Mishra in court, I think any one would be outraged.

A respectful and Padma awardee, the victim deserves the highest respect from society and this is what she has got.

Just to be correct, victim is not a Padma awardee.
Nevertheless, she still deserves the same dignity and respect.
Old 14th January 2023, 11:01   #125
BHPian

It appears that - the brief to the legal team is to ensure maximum protection from any consequences of the incident to the client - and the team is going about its job with full commitment. This happens in good number of cases, where the ends justify the means. The legal quagmire requires good amount of fortitude, patience and a good legal team. Sad but true.
Old 14th January 2023, 11:46   #126
Senior - BHPian

I feel the best thing for Mishra to have done after his stupidity is just give an unconditional apology to the lady and vow to never drink like this again. He’s destroyed himself with his behaviour, at least he could have redeemed some honour in holding his hand up. It’s what his near and dear ones should have advised him to do if they had any sense.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 12:59   #127
BHPian

The trial is taking similar turns like the black buck which committed suicide.
We find cameras in buses too and airlines are somehow averse to it?
PreludeSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 16:33   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Must be a traumatic experience for the lady onboard that flight. Really sorry to hear about this. Gives me the shivers thinking this could have been a family member!

If the flight was so full (as the lady wasn’t offered an alternate seat), I hope there are other eye witnesses who come forward. So far we have only heard from 1 other person who was seated next to the accused?

The lawyers are just doing their job. Making ridiculous claims in courts is nothing new for defence. Try reading up the submissions made by AP Singh, defence lawyer of the accussed in the Nirbhaya case, and staying calm. Defence claims are one thing, court giving the man a clean chit, an entirely different matter. Let’s wait for the law to take it’s course. I am happy atleast the matter made it to the courts, as Air India tried it’s best to brush this under the carpet.

As for Air India, I hope this gives the new owners some leverage and incentive to implement real change (if they want to, that is). They would not want to be seen as worse off than the previous one.
Old 14th January 2023, 16:40   #129
Senior - BHPian

Now that he says that ‘I didn’t do it’, I wonder what story will come out when asked about the money transaction he made to the old lady? Will be concoct a story that she actually begged for money to take a taxi home? God! This guy! Which strong and safe locker do such people leave their conscience?
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 22:11   #130

You know if Shankar Mishra had accepted his mistake and truly apologise publicly and compensated the lady with huge amount, he would have eventually be forgiven by people and this would not have been blown out of proportion. But instead he is doing the exact opposite, who will give job to him in the future? Only job he'll get is cleaning public toilets.
-~=+Killa+=~- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 12:46   #131
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off topic but the joke makes some sense.

Air India's Pee-gate incident-d849a4c0cfd042afb3fd2a4897e24b78.jpeg
ruzbehxyz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 16:33   #132
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

It was only to be expected that when lawyers get in, things will take a turn for the worse for everyone involved. This is where I feel AI staff should have handled this incident in a much better way instead of pushing for a compromise. They should have documented it, got a written apology from the guy when he was "remorseful" in the flight and handed him over to the officials on the ground. It would have prevented him(and his lawyer) from making these kind of ridiculous claims

Come to think of it, I find it odd that in the business class section which was apparently full, there were no eye witness and no one tried to stop the guy?
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 17:42   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
It was only to be expected that when lawyers get in, things will take a turn for the worse for everyone involved. This is where I feel AI staff should have handled this incident in a much better way instead of pushing for a compromise. They should have documented it, got a written apology from the guy when he was "remorseful" in the flight and handed him over to the officials on the ground. It would have prevented him(and his lawyer) from making these kind of ridiculous claims

Come to think of it, I find it odd that in the business class section which was apparently full, there were no eye witness and no one tried to stop the guy?
Written apology after having consumed alcohol? Would be highly untenable in the eyes of law in my ( layperson) view.
Old 17th January 2023, 08:40   #134

I took a look at the seat layout in Google for Air India flight 215.
- Mishra was sitting in an aisle seat no. 8c.
- Victim was sitting in window seat 9a.

My theory is that Mishra's U.S. place where he stayed or his home where he sleeps has the following bedroom layout.
Air India's Pee-gate incident-screenshot_20230117082102815-1_1_1_1.jpg

Assumption is that he leaves the bathroom door open and exhaust fan running to circulate air while sleeping. The path he takes while going to pee at night is highlighted in red.

Following is the seat layout for Mishra's flight found on Google.
Air India's Pee-gate incident-screenshot_20230117081446323-1_1.jpg

As you can see, Mishra while drunk and being not aware of the surroundings, he may have thought that this is his bedroom and he's peeing in the bathroom, when he finished peeing and went to reach for the flush handle he realised his mistake and said to his co-passanger "I think, I'm in trouble".

Also for reference I googled the images for business class seats in Air India.
Name:  images 4.jpeg
Views: 386
Size:  40.3 KB

There is plenty of gap between seats so Mishra could have easily committed the mistake.
-~=+Killa+=~- is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 08:03   #135
Team-BHP Support

Good lord, what sort of a drama is unfolding!

Now, Air India crew contest the complainant's version!

Quote:
Although she didn’t ask for her seat to be changed, she was moved from 9A and settled in 12C, given a blanket and pillows. She thanked the crew for their help and then fell asleep.

Later, the accused person met the complainant and apologised, according to the report. They worked out a compromise and he promised to get her things dry cleaned and delivered to her, and also agreed to pay a compensation of $200.
Quote:
This change of stance happened immediately after she “interacted with guest 8A,” namely Bhattacharjee. Earlier, while boarding, Bhattacharjee had asked for an upgrade to first class. He was told that it was against the airline’s policy to provide in-flight upgrades.

As soon as Bhattacharjee became aware of the incident, he refused to sit next to the accused (8C) and again demanded an upgrade for himself and for the complainant. It’s pertinent to note that the complainant never asked for an upgrade herself and was already asleep in her new seat by this time.
Naturally,

Quote:
Bhattacharjee stated, "All the allegations made in the Air India internal report are baseless, I did not ask for upgrade, I submitted a written compliant by myself to the crew before landing ( I have a copy) , and I stood for the right reasons to help a elderly lady in distress."
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...l-9881721.html

Everyone seems to have crazy smart lawyers.

Mr. Mishra's employers aren't going to be very pleased with themselves though, there's a good chance they're looking at a nice lawsuit for wrongful termination.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 18th January 2023 at 09:39.
libranof1987 is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks