Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 08:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

The first thing the B9R needs is a proper toilet. This bus is a perfect candidate for that. With 2+1 seating and a good toilet, guess this bus can break the 1000kms per trip glass ceiling that most busses today have.
Old 11th November 2008, 09:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
Its Kallada transports from kerala, and as mentioned I am not sure. But with their current strength of about 17 volvos and almost all of them plying between cochin bangalore, it should be true.

Still need to confirm with the cabin thing. And he also said the cabins are made of 3 or 4 seats together.
Kallada has split into 2 groups now, infact this happened 3 years back. Kallada and Kallada G4. We will wait till they launch them.
Old 11th November 2008, 10:27   #63
BHPian

Toilet for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
The first thing the B9R needs is a proper toilet. This bus is a perfect candidate for that. With 2+1 seating and a good toilet, guess this bus can break the 1000kms per trip glass ceiling that most busses today have.
I second that! I remember mentioning it somewhere here not too long ago! Here I found it!

But then again just having a toilet is not enough. I was thinking about it. The operator would need proper infrastructure to cleanly and safely dispose off the sewage from the chemical toilet. They just can't go about dumping the waste in any drain or just on some road side at any halt (actually there is nothing stopping them from doing that). Volvo should provide proper coupling mechanisms for sewage disposal like they have for aircraft.

And with all that, STCs have the best infrastructure (Bus stations in every town) to handle such requirements. KSRTC should try this out for sure!
Old 11th November 2008, 15:34   #64
BHPian

Oh, its a coach. I thought its a new car for India. I have also heard that Volvo is planning to launch S80 to India.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanopano View Post
Oh, its a coach. I thought its a new car for India. I have also heard that Volvo is planning to launch S80 to India.
Even tho' they share the name and lineage, Volvo Cars is a different company from Volvo Commercial Vehicles.

Ford bought out Volvo Cars from the rest of Volvo some years back.
Old 12th November 2008, 16:09   #66
Senior - BHPian

Wonder what a 'CHEMICAL TOILET' is? As far as I know, they use chemicals to dispose off waste, even water is not used I guess
Old 12th November 2008, 16:18   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Wonder what a 'CHEMICAL TOILET' is? As far as I know, they use chemicals to dispose off waste, even water is not used I guess
Haven't you seen some toilet with the blue colored liquid?

i hope this clears your doubt:
Chemical toilet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12th November 2008, 17:39   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Though off topic, I recently stumbled across MSRTC web site and was pleasantly surprised that they have excellent time table along with route, fare and map. You need to specify start and end points and it will bring fetch list of buses plying on that route, fare and start/end times.

I am impressed!
Old 13th November 2008, 13:06   #69
BHPian

MSRTC Website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I recently stumbled across MSRTC web site and was pleasantly surprised that they have excellent time table along with route, fare and map. You need to specify start and end points and it will bring fetch list of buses plying on that route, fare and start/end times.

I am impressed!
Link ?

Either to the website or the thread where the link can be found!
Old 14th November 2008, 11:02   #70
Senior - BHPian

Here is the MSRTC link: MSRTC Online
Old 20th November 2008, 13:49   #71
BHPian

I heard B9R is stable on road due to multi axile. The engine is quite powerful and long distance can be covered with out much of strain. In coming days we should be able to see more of B9R's on road. It will be nice if KSRTC introduce these buses
Old 20th November 2008, 14:41   #72
Senior - BHPian

I do think KSRTC has introduced the B9r's as The AMBARI's. Not sure as i had overtaken one on my drive back from blr. Well one word which i have for it is its Humongous. Looks huge and massive. It was at 8.30 so i couldnt spot the badging though
Old 20th November 2008, 14:50   #73
Senior - BHPian

I sincerely Hope they dont introduce chemical toilets or whatever in those buses ,especially owned by karnataka/tamilnadu based major operators.already they miss the cleanliness(no offense!) in many volvo services!.
Better those who are so severe cases carry adult diapers! :P
Old 20th November 2008, 17:18   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I sincerely Hope they dont introduce chemical toilets or whatever in those buses ,especially owned by karnataka/tamilnadu based major operators.already they miss the cleanliness(no offense!) in many volvo services!.
Better those who are so severe cases carry adult diapers! :P
There were toilets in the Volvo Coaches of Puzhekkadavil Travels in Kerala. Later they removed all the toilets. Now they don't even have a volvo services anymore.
Old 20th November 2008, 17:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

I remember.but puzhekadavil is not any more? and Konduskar travels cochin-pune-bombay service got toilet too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks