Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 20:27   #181
BHPian

At last i was able to load the pics... Don't know why the Flickr link didn't work..
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo Launches B9R Coach : 9400 6x2-yeshwanth-1.jpg  

Volvo Launches B9R Coach : 9400 6x2-yeshwanth-2.jpg  

Volvo Launches B9R Coach : 9400 6x2-yeshwanth-3.jpg  

Volvo Launches B9R Coach : 9400 6x2-yeshwanth-4.jpg  

Volvo Launches B9R Coach : 9400 6x2-yeshwanth-5.jpg  

Old 29th November 2009, 21:20   #182
BHPian

Oops...Its my first upload of pics... But really don't know where did the pics disappear... Actually i gave the Flickr link in upload through URL ... But none of the pics got added.

So again i have uploaded it some time back and this time by uploading the pics directly from comp... It has been uploaded... But I think my moderator needs to approve it... It will come soon then..
Old 30th November 2009, 00:14   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
At last i was able to load the pics... Don't know why the Flickr link didn't work..
Refer the 3rd pic in quoted post:

Somebody at the Merc plant must be really angry with his boss or employer to put that Merc star upside down on the steering wheel.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:39   #184
BHPian

I think thats because of the stearing angle.....
Old 30th November 2009, 10:42   #185
Senior - BHPian

Do I see an AC vent on the Merc dashboard? The dashboard looks nowhere as classy as the Volvo 9400.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:49   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post

So again i have uploaded it some time back and this time by uploading the pics directly from comp... It has been uploaded... But I think my moderator needs to approve it... It will come soon then..

The star on the steering is actually a seperate piece & If we try to turn it hard it'll rotate. More over, I think this one is the first Merc bus to met with accident & while re-doing it could have happened!

Anyway he is speeding at 110kph, probably the top speed! Look at the speedo!
Old 30th November 2009, 13:58   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
The star on the steering is actually a seperate piece & If we try to turn it hard it'll rotate. More over, I think this one is the first Merc bus to met with accident & while re-doing it could have happened!

If i am not mistaken,most of these buses / trucks have an achievable top speed which is almost upto the speedo-indicated one. In this case, the speedo indicates max of 125 kph. I am sure this bus can do top speed till ~120-125 kph. That is, unless, there are any regulatory speed controllers fitted. Although,I agree 100-110 is the comfortable top speed range. Getting to 120+ on these vehicles is quit a challenge due to factors such as acceleration beyond 110 is quite slow; availability of confidence-inspiring stretches to reach 120+; etc.

Cheers,

Last edited by jagan0677 : 30th November 2009 at 13:59.
Old 30th November 2009, 14:13   #188
BHPian

Its a cool picture though... With the speedo hovering around 110 km/hr and the hands kept so carelessly (appears to be perhaps he is alert) rested on the steering.

Last edited by Trapezio : 30th November 2009 at 14:20.
Old 30th November 2009, 14:22   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post

Found this link that talks about the Merc bus accident. The name "Pari" is the same. The bus number is not there though.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-accident.html
Old 30th November 2009, 14:42   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Its a cool picture though... With the speedo hovering around 110 km/hr and the hands kept so carelessly (appears to be perhaps he is alert) rested on the steering.

Thats really true... Sitting inside you just cant understand the speed.. It just felt like it was going in 60-70's spped.. But when i saw the speedometer i realized it was in 110 Km spped.

One more factor is the roads in Maharastra are just excellent...

But night time i am pretty sure even Volvo was more than 100 or 110 speed since i could see in the window the bus just overtaking all other vehicles in seconds.

And the speed actually depends on the drivers, be it Mercedes or Volvo or Tata or Leyland.

In Volvo B9R one driver was fast and other was not in a hurry.

I have even experienced it sometimes even in Ashok Leyland and Tata busses going at the same speed at night in the Mangalore Bangalore stretch when the roads were good.

Once i had reached from Bangalore to Mangalore in just 6Hrs 20 Mins in a Ashok leyland bus. But its just scary and you feel as if its running in 200 Kms. It was a pretty new bus but the windows were just vibrating.
When i asked the driver he just smiled and told we got late in Bangalore traffic so i need to cover up the lost time. At the end the bus reached before time to Mangalore.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:01   #191
BHPian

Which company was it that made from Bangalore to Mangalore in 6 hours? Bluelines?
Old 30th November 2009, 15:01   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Found this link that talks about the Merc bus accident. The name "Pari" is the same. The bus number is not there though.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-accident.html

Yes thats true. It looked like the same bus, But coundnt make out it had ever met with the accident. It was just perfect.

I had seen this link before booking my ticket and saw the accident pics as well. But still i wanted to experience the travel so i just booked it

It was Anand travels... They operated for some time to Bangalore and then stopped. But it stills run in the Mumbai - Mangalore route at great speeds. i heared they cover in about 18-19hrs from mangalore to Mumbai. And its a popular comapny in Mangalore which is known to have the fastest drivers.

Even Sugama Tourist, the bus which goes to Bangalore - Mangalore - Bhatkal had covered it in 6.30 mins.

But now the roads have just vanished in the Hassan - Mangalore stretch after the Mine trucks started coming.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th November 2009 at 15:20. Reason: Back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:37   #193
Senior - BHPian

Toilets in the Bus would be best avoided. I would be strongly voting against Toilets in buses for Indian Public. Toilets would mean providing a wash basin. People would not just use the "Loo" part and come out. They would brush the teeth, Wash face, Wash armpits and Most importantly smoke in the toliets. They will even graduate to take bath in the toilet using a mug and the Wash basin, common sight in Long distant Trains.

Instead of attached toilets, they can stop at a place where there are decent toilet / bath facilities andmaybe 60 mins break including breakfast.

If an operator puts a smoke sensor, his competitor would not do that and all smokers would prefer that bus. owing to this this operator would remove the smoke sensor and the toilet would be filled with Cigarette smell.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:57   #194
Senior - BHPian

I travelled last week from Hyd to Chennai and back in the Multi Axle Volvo.
While going to Chennai I was in a new 18k Kms done Volvo 9400 whereas return journey was done in a Volvo B9R done about 3.25L Kms. In the both the journeys, I was sitting in the first row. I felt that the 6x2 9400 was more bouncier compared to B9R. Anybody else has experienced this?
Old 25th March 2010, 07:24   #195
BHPian

Yes, the B9R doesnt bounce as much as the 6x2 9400 model. I recently travelled to Hyderabad from Bangalore in a Sharma Travels Multi Axle coach and observed this. Also, the bus is very fast. Left Gandhinagar at 9:00 PM in the night and reached Lakdikapul by 6:00 AM!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks