Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2018, 16:50   #46
BHPian

Re: DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Thank you Vid, I purchased the above one, they had a flash sale going on and cost me 1200. Will let you know how it turns out. I currently have Osram, but not that happy.
Received the bulbs today, the box did not have Osram label but had a brand called Ironwall. The seller mentioned its the same product, unfortunately there is no spec mentioned anywhere in the product, but the quality and finish is good. Installation was fairly quick, less than 5 minutes. It looks bright, have to check actual throw in the night. Will post pics after that.

Last edited by Chillout : 15th August 2018 at 17:07.
Old 17th August 2018, 08:54   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Received the bulbs today, the box did not have Osram label but had a brand called Ironwall. The seller mentioned its the same product, unfortunately there is no spec mentioned anywhere in the product, but the quality and finish is good. Installation was fairly quick, less than 5 minutes. It looks bright, have to check actual throw in the night. Will post pics after that.
I think you meant Oslamp? How is the light at night? Cutoff?
Old 17th August 2018, 11:09   #48
BHPian

Hello All

Recently i upgraded the lights of 2018 ecosport to Hid's on both beams , output is amazing. CN light has great output and i would rate it better then osram HID.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4440113
Old 18th August 2018, 23:30   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I think you meant Oslamp? How is the light at night? Cutoff?
The light is good,however I think the alignment is a bit off,I think I need to adjust the way bulbs are positioned. Will do that and post pics.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 11:26   #50
BHPian

Quote:
The light is good,however I think the alignment is a bit off,I think I need to adjust the way bulbs are positioned. Will do that and post pics.
Have you been able to correct the alignment ? How good are the bulbs ? Is it a worthwhile upgrade ? I am looking to upgrade the bulb of my 2013 Ecosport. Thought of doing it after the update from you. Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 21:57   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
Have you been able to correct the alignment ? How good are the bulbs ? Is it a worthwhile upgrade ? I am looking to upgrade the bulb of my 2013 Ecosport. Thought of doing it after the update from you. Thanks
Yes, it's better now , however I am not sure if it's like daylight difference between stock bulbs, I compared with my friend who has stock lights and did not see major difference. Unfortunately I did not take any pic, will take it in a few days and post it here.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 21:15   #52
Team-BHP Support

I had ordered the iphcar/sinolyn H11 projector fog lights from Aliexpress. These are the same ones that Xenon planet and blaze india sells.

Wasn't getting time to fit these in till last week. Tried to fit the projectors and the mounting holes do not align with the OE ones. Had to trim the plastic around to get the larger projectors to fit but the mounting holes just wouldn't match. Found another BHPian's Ecosport who had it fitted from Evo. It was fixed using M-seal which meant would be a pain to remove and looked like the OEM fogs can never be fitted back if these projectors went bad. Looking at the quality they won't last too long for sure.

Thankfully BHPian Libranof1987 sent pics of his install and it was quite obvious. All 4 mounting holes don't align but 2 will, so you if you bend the bracket you can get 2 screws to align well. Even the stock fogs only have 2 screws with other 2 as guide points. Now I need to figure this bit out.

But what I did temporarily was fit the HID bulbs in the stock fog lights. The result was scarily good. Yes it will not be comfortable for oncoming traffic but it wasn't that bad.

Here are some pics:

Low Beam LED lights:
DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade-img_20180907_193158.jpg

Only fog lights. Not even low beam is on:
DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade-img_20180907_193146.jpg

Low beam LED+Fog lights:
DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade-img_20180907_193151.jpg

Low Beam+High Beam+Fogs:
DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade-img_20180907_193211.jpg

The fog lights are Xenon Depot H11 HID 4300K. https://www.xenondepot.com/H11-HID-K...1.htm?CartID=1

The LED headlights are Xenon Depot LED H4 5500K. Details on Page 1.

The fog lights are fitted in the stock Valeo foglamp unit and they whoop the headlights in illumination!

However the LED headlights are still better than stock but thanks to the seriously crappy reflector design, the output is just no match. When I got some more time, I will give the projectors a second try to fit them but now I am in no hurry.

In conclusion, For the Ford ecosport - Don't bother with LED headlights. Get some upgraded bulbs like Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Nightbreaker.

Put 3000-4300K HID in stock foglights or if you feel guilty for oncoming traffic, get the 2.5inch projectors from Aliexpress (not 3inches as these are bigger than stock).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...5c142e0eeGxiJx

I got the HID kit from USA but you can also try the Osram one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.in/Osram-Xenon-42...rds=osram+dh11

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th September 2018 at 21:18.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 23:45   #53
BANNED

Quote:

But what I did temporarily was fit the HID bulbs in the stock fog lights. The result was scarily good. Yes it will not be comfortable for oncoming traffic but it wasn't that bad.

Here are some pics:

Low Beam LED lights:
Attachment 1797120

Only fog lights. Not even low beam is on:
Attachment 1797119

Low beam LED+Fog lights:
Attachment 1797118

Low Beam+High Beam+Fogs:
Attachment 1797121
Are these stock Fog lamps with HID? This output is amazing and I think it will be a killer reply to those insane people with lights flashing all over from their vehicles.
Old 8th September 2018, 09:43   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
Are these stock Fog lamps with HID? This output is amazing and I think it will be a killer reply to those insane people with lights flashing all over from their vehicles.
Yeah these are the stock fog lamps. All I did was replace the bulbs with 35w 4300k hid bulbs. Plug and play no wiring change. Just needed place to secure the ballast which was also easy. Both sides took around 20 mins to install. 5 mins for bulb change. 15 mins to cable tie the ballast in engine bay.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 21:42   #55
BHPian

Quote:

And here's links to aliexpress for similar ones:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...27c44a53HSoWKr
Quote:
Yes, it's better now , however I am not sure if it's like daylight difference between stock bulbs,....

Firstly i would like to thank Vidyut for the detailed study and explanation of the LED headlight upgrade.

I have a noob question about the Oslamp LED from aliexpress. Are they plug and play or will an extra driver be needed for them to function? I am planning to upgrade to these LEDs for the next gen figo since I find the headlights inadequate especially during highway runs. Looking for advice here. Thanks in advance.
Old 8th September 2018, 23:03   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
...Are they plug and play or will an extra driver be needed for them to function?.
Yes,the bulbs that I bought are plug and play,will not take more than 5 minutes to install, however as I said they don't make tremendous difference as compared to stock bulbs.
Old 8th September 2018, 23:48   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
Firstly i would like to thank Vidyut for the detailed study and explanation of the LED headlight upgrade.

I have a noob question about the Oslamp LED from aliexpress. Are they plug and play or will an extra driver be needed for them to function? I am planning to upgrade to these LEDs for the next gen figo since I find the headlights inadequate especially during highway runs. Looking for advice here. Thanks in advance.
The oslamp ones have the driver built in. Only issue you need to check is the clearance with the dust cap. If you don't have that then you will need to look for a bigger dust cap.

The Figo I think should not be a problem but cannot confirm till I see pics.
Old 9th September 2018, 00:10   #58
BANNED

Quote:
The oslamp ones have the driver built in. Only issue you need to check is the clearance with the dust cap. If you don't have that then you will need to look for a bigger dust cap.

The Figo I think should not be a problem but cannot confirm till I see pics.
The next gen Figo twins does not have full dust caps like the EcoSport. I do not know the exact term. The Figo has a rubber cap through which the connecting end of the bulb protrudes.
Old 19th September 2018, 05:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Yes,the bulbs that I bought are plug and play....
Quote:
The oslamp ones have the driver built in. Only issue ...

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I will go in for a brighter bulb and see how that turns out. If its not so effective I will replace the bulb on my Dio with the LED.
Old 19th September 2018, 09:49   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah these are the stock fog lamps. All I did was replace the bulbs with 35w 4300k hid bulbs. Plug and play no wiring change. Just needed place to secure the ballast which was also easy. Both sides took around 20 mins to install. 5 mins for bulb change. 15 mins to cable tie the ballast in engine bay.
Does the OE fog lamp socket fit directly into the HID Ballast Input? No need for relay harness?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 19th September 2018 at 10:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks