Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2014, 20:19   #526
BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Saw a child seat brand called "Bebeglo" at Kidzone on Greams road in Chennai. Selling for Rs.4900/-. Any idea about this brand?
Old 1st April 2014, 16:21   #527
Senior - BHPian

I know its not the right thread, but couldnt find one and didnt want to start a new thread just for one query. We are travelling abroad in June with our than 6 months old infant. She is 3.5 months right now.

I just wanted to check if any of you have travelled with a kids stroller? Do airlines allow you to gate check in those? Its tiring for us as well as uncomfortable for the little one to be held upon for the period of 5-6 hrs. 2 hrs before flight here, 2.5 hrs in singapore and than upon landing to exit another 30-45 mins.

I came across this basic simple stroller. Good enought for daily mall and garden use and light weight to be able to used in journey.

http://www.flipkart.com/chicco-londo...6-cc0ddf4c884c

Regards,
Old 1st April 2014, 18:43   #528
BHPian

Hi All,

I am on the hunt for a baby seat for my 3 month old angel, we are travelling to my hometown next week (5-6 hour drive) so I thought a baby seat would be essential on a safety and convenience aspect.

Gone through this thread and some other online portals, and from what I could gather this is what I have decided to get myself.

A Rear Facing Group 0+ baby seat. Suitable from birth to 13kgs(12-15 months).

I have been offered a model called K240 from Popular the local Maruti dealer for Rs 3995/-. Planning to try it out tommorow.

Does anyone have any experience with these seats?
Old 7th April 2014, 20:57   #529
BHPian

After I land in Mumbai on 28th April and after a couple of days of rest, I am heading straight to my hometown in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh with wifey and our 3-year old daughter.

I'll be looking for a car seat almost instantly I move back. I learn that big shops like Central and Shoppers stop sell kids car seats. Are they my best bets? Are there any specific shops in Mumbai that sell kids car seats? Time is a constraint hence I cannot look around forever.

Any help in this matter is much appreciated. Budget is not a constraint for the right product. I am looking at something that will serve as a secure option for my kid for the next 3-4 years atleast.
Old 9th April 2014, 11:13   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
.... and our 3-year old daughter.

I'll be looking for a car seat almost instantly I move back. I learn that big shops like Central and Shoppers stop sell kids car seats. Are they my best bets? Are there any specific shops in Mumbai that sell kids car seats? Time is a constraint hence I cannot look around forever.
You need to consider the weight and height as well.

Let your daughter sit and choose her own seat at Chicco, Mothercare, Mom&Me, Shoppers Stop (sells Mothercare product).

My research said, Chicco was comfy and height adjustment, however, my son did not sit in there for a second. We took a lot of time to zero on Mothercare seat.

An advice; the recently laid roads in UP are very nice and invites for speedy drives but traffic sense is zilch so please drive safe.
Old 9th April 2014, 18:13   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
You need to consider the weight and height as well.

Let your daughter sit and choose her own seat at Chicco, Mothercare, Mom&Me, Shoppers Stop (sells Mothercare product).

My research said, Chicco was comfy and height adjustment, however, my son did not sit in there for a second. We took a lot of time to zero on Mothercare seat.

An advice; the recently laid roads in UP are very nice and invites for speedy drives but traffic sense is zilch so please drive safe.
Thanks for the inputs, buddy. My daughter is bigger than most 3-year olds. I will take her along for car seat shopping, seems like a good idea.
Yes, NHs in UP are in excellent shape and some of the SHs are also good. I have driven there a number of times to realise that traffic sense is non-existent :-).

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 9th April 2014 at 18:15.
Old 15th April 2014, 08:13   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Volvo Designs Ultra-Light Inflatable Child Seat Concept!

Quote:
The seat inflates in under 40 seconds and deflates with the help of an integrated pump. It tips the scales at under 11 lbs (5 kg), half the weight of a conventional seat. What’s more, this is gifted with Internet access via Bluetooth, allowing the user to perform a multitude of features, such as inflating it remotely. Volvo explains the seat can be folded into a weekend bag together with other child-related items.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/vo...deo-79962.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 15:22   #533
Senior - BHPian

I trust by gate check you mean carry on board/cabin if so then yes, airlines do allow that. I have travelled all over the country with my nephews when they were that age and this was about 6 odd years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I just wanted to check if any of you have travelled with a kids stroller? Do airlines allow you to gate check in those? Its tiring for us as well as uncomfortable for the little one to be held upon for the period of 5-6 hrs. 2 hrs before flight here, 2.5 hrs in singapore and than upon landing to exit another 30-45 mins. Regards,

So how did this K240 turn out, do provide a feedback for universal information and benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Hi All,

I am on the hunt for a baby seat for my 3 month old angel, we are travelling to my hometown next week (5-6 hour drive) so I thought a baby seat would be essential on a safety and convenience aspect. ...........
..........I have been offered a model called K240 from Popular the local Maruti dealer for Rs 3995/-. Planning to try it out tommorrow.

Depending on where you are in Bombay the local Shopper's stop is an obvious choice. The other stores that carry these are Hypermart/Hypercity and Lifestyle. I have seen these in the Starbazaar (Thane). In case you are in the Western suburbs then you could get these at 'ALFA' This is in Ville Parle (West) in the lane off Cooper Hospital. It is quite well known, any taxi/3 wheeler driver will take you there/guide you.

Quote:
After I land in Mumbai on 28th April and after a couple of days of rest, I am heading straight to my hometown in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh with wifey and our 3-year old daughter.

Any help in this matter is much appreciated. Budget is not a constraint for the right product. I am looking at something that will serve as a secure option for my kid for the next 3-4 years atleast.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 18:27   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Depending on where you are in Bombay the local Shopper's stop is an obvious choice. The other stores that carry these are Hypermart/Hypercity and Lifestyle. I have seen these in the Starbazaar (Thane). In case you are in the Western suburbs then you could get these at 'ALFA' This is in Ville Parle (West) in the lane off Cooper Hospital. It is quite well known, any taxi/3 wheeler driver will take you there/guide you.
Thanks very much @khoj. I'll check out the local Shoppers stop first. There is a Hypercity in Vashi, I believe, so that too. Hopefully, I'll find something good enough and soon enough.
Old 15th April 2014, 20:15   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks very much @khoj.
Glad to be of help. You may want to press the thank button in my above post Did not know that there is a Shopper's stop in New Bombay, thought the closest one was in Ghatkopar followed by Mulund.
Old 21st April 2014, 14:47   #536
BHPian

Anyone heard/used this product, http://www.babyoye.com/h/Car-Seats-&...485?ref=block2.

-Capacity: 15 to 36 kgs
-Age group: 3 to 12 years

Sounds like a good product to me. Any feedback is much appreciated.
Old 22nd April 2014, 05:03   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone heard/used this product, http://www.babyoye.com/h/Car-Seats-&...485?ref=block2.

-Capacity: 15 to 36 kgs
-Age group: 3 to 12 years

Sounds like a good product to me. Any feedback is much appreciated.
Sorry - I have no feedback but asking for some myself
This looks good and is priced well for a Graco product - Graco is a well respected brand! Do let us know. Our monkey turns 3 shortly. His key requirement is a good recline so that he can go to sleep when he feels like - and otherwise, keep looking out at the surroundings.
Old 8th May 2014, 21:41   #538
Senior - BHPian

Need help, looking for child seat for my son. He is 5 months old now.

Went through shoppers stop website and shortlisted these two

http://www.shoppersstop.com/britax-f...chili-red.html

or

http://www.shoppersstop.com/motherca...-seat-max.html

have limited knowledge in this area, looking for suggestions.
Old 9th May 2014, 07:35   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

@Latheesh- the Britax first class plus is everything you will ever need in a convertible car seat. You should get it. I think it is going at 50% off on the website for a limited time.

Just check one thing...that it fits in your car in rear facing position because it looks really huge. I couldn't figure out whether it fits properly in a Swift/Vento so eventually opted out of this. Went with a Maxi Cosi rear facing infant seat instead. Compact and light, can be easily shifted between cars as needed, and fits easily. Downside is the limited time you can use it, maybe upto 18 months tops.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 11:58   #540
BHPian

Latheesh,
You should go for the first one. Its really a good deal especially for a brand like Britax. We bought Lil' Wanderers from Mom & Me, during the last sale season (end of Jan), it is going good. Normally you dont get this mouth watering discounts from MotherCare. As noopster suggested, just ensure it fits in your Punto.
Would adivce, visiting the mothercare stores in IndiraNagar 12th Main or Phoenix MarketCity and have a feel of it before ordering it online.
hamster is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks