Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:44   #1066
BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Please see post 932, regarding Evenflo Spectrum Highback Booster Car Seat, which I currently use for my 5 year old son.

Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MQWR6UU/..._Cdf6zb549ZRXW

Strongly recommended.
Thanks and I checked your post#932 , looks real good and sturdy. But i noticed that it doesn't come with isofix fittings. Do you know something similar and Isofix compatible ?
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 17:02   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
But i noticed that it doesn't come with isofix fittings. Do you know something similar and Isofix compatible ?
Among players that sell boosters in India, I don't remember seeing any that have a booster with ISOFIX. There maybe some US players who do, not sure if you are willing to pay the amount to import.

Both seats I've been using are without ISOFIX, only thing you have make sure, is the sideward movement is minimized.
Old 16th June 2019, 21:08   #1068
BHPian

Hi, are chicco strollers/ car seats bought from amazon.in honoured by brand for warranty/service?

The chicco store in mall of India, Noida told me today that online purchases are not honoured by store/service centre for warranties/service
Old 20th June 2019, 15:56   #1069
BHPian

One question here - on which side is it recommended to place the child car seat?

1. Behind the driver
2. Or, diagonal to the driver

I have till date kept it diagonal to the driver, but not sure if that is the best practice.
Old 20th June 2019, 16:18   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
One question here - on which side is it recommended to place the child car seat?

1. Behind the driver
2. Or, diagonal to the driver

I have till date kept it diagonal to the driver, but not sure if that is the best practice.
If kid is alone in the rear seat - then car seat should be set up diagonal to the driver. Because it is easier to keep an eye on the kid, and (although the door should be child locked & windows kept rolled up) so that the kid can get down easily when the curbside door is opened without requiring to open the traffic side door.

If kid is with someone else in the rear seat - then car seat should be set up behind the driver. Because then it is not important for the driver to keep an eye on the kid, but rather should be able to effectively communicate with the co passenger at the back seat. Also, when car is stationary, the co passenger can get down on the curb side and then take the kid out from the same side without requiring to open the traffic side door.

I personally follow #2, and always have my wife and kid on the back seat if it's only us 3 who are travelling.

Last edited by blackasta : 20th June 2019 at 16:20.
blackasta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 18:07   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Hi, are chicco strollers/ car seats bought from amazon.in honoured by brand for warranty/service?

The chicco store in mall of India, Noida told me today that online purchases are not honoured by store/service centre for warranties/service
They told me the same thing and offered the car sear at the Amazon price so i just bought it from them.
Old 20th June 2019, 19:56   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
They told me the same thing and offered the car sear at the Amazon price so i just bought it from them.
Actually Amazon has a good Diners Black discount in form of reward points ~33% points back.

Lets see what happens, the seller said they are the official distributor of chicco India and have full warranty as supported by company.
Old 21st June 2019, 20:35   #1073
BHPian

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a child seat for my kid (16-months). The complication is that we have different cars at home - with ISOFIX, and without.

Should I buy a non-ISOFIX option? If yes, any recommendations?

Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 08:57   #1074
BHPian

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new car seat for my 1 year old daughter. Had ordered the Graco 4ever All in One Convertible car seat (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00Y2869VK) on June 1st from Amazon, but it still isn't delivered and the seller doesn't commit to any particular time frame.

I definitely want an ISOFIX enabled car seat, as I've read reviews that those are generally safer than the belt harness seats. Is there any shop in Mumbai that stocks and sells ISOFIX car seats?
Old 23rd June 2019, 09:41   #1075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new car seat for my 1 year old daughter. Had ordered the Graco 4ever All in One Convertible car seat (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00Y2869VK) on June 1st from Amazon, but it still isn't delivered and the seller doesn't commit to any particular time frame.

I definitely want an ISOFIX enabled car seat, as I've read reviews that those are generally safer than the belt harness seats. Is there any shop in Mumbai that stocks and sells ISOFIX car seats?
ISOFIX car seats are available at Mothercare and Chicco stores.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 19:35   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
ISOFIX car seats are available at Mothercare and Chicco stores.
Hi, checked at Mothercare in both R City Mall and Phoenix Marketcity. Both say that Mothercare in India doesn't have ISOFIX car seats. I can't find any Chicco stores in Mumbai on Google. Is there one here?
Old 23rd June 2019, 19:48   #1077
BHPian

I've visited the chicco showroom in Indira Nagar Bangalore and they do not sell ISOFIX child seat.

After 4 months of hunting for ISOfix child seats, Finally, I bought a ISOfix child seat (Graco Extend2fit convertible) in US. Emirates was happy to check-in my car seat. If anyone is traveling via Emirates to Europe / US or Dubai, you could do the same.
ranjitkodali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 22:54   #1078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitkodali View Post
I've visited the chicco showroom in Indira Nagar Bangalore and they do not sell ISOFIX child seat.

After 4 months of hunting for ISOfix child seats, Finally, I bought a ISOfix child seat (Graco Extend2fit convertible) in US. Emirates was happy to check-in my car seat. If anyone is traveling via Emirates to Europe / US or Dubai, you could do the same.
There seems to be something amiss. I checked out an ISOFIX child seat at the Chicco store in Mall of India, Noida just last week. This particular seat had a detachable base, and then it could be mounted on a pram. The entire set, seat+pram, was for about 35k
Old 24th June 2019, 06:53   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
There seems to be something amiss. I checked out an ISOFIX child seat at the Chicco store in Mall of India, Noida just last week. This particular seat had a detachable base, and then it could be mounted on a pram. The entire set, seat+pram, was for about 35k
Been through the same 6 months back so will be able to comment. I think you will find 2 Chicco ISOFIX seats in India - keyfit 30 (+base) and Nextfit. I guess Keyfit 30 is for Group 0 only (upto 13 kg / 1 year) while Nextfit is a convertible seat for upto Group 3 (upto 30 kg). I ended up buying Nextfit from their store in Ambience, Gurgaon as Nextfit will be usable for more number of years. The list price was 32k with 10% discount. I bargained and closed the deal at 27k.

Last edited by tarik.arora : 24th June 2019 at 07:06.
Old 24th June 2019, 07:22   #1080
BHPian

I had a seat which did not have an ISOFIX tether point. I ordered an ISOFIX to ISOFIX belt off AliExpress and used it to secure the seat. Works fine and movement was very minimal once the seat belt also was secured.

Last edited by bharat4ever : 24th June 2019 at 07:25. Reason: Spelling
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks