Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2021, 15:34   #1201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
I was wondering why this Britax are being Sold expensive even in China!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Anyone here has experience with Britax kidfix SL child seats??
We got our son a Britax Marathon in 2002. He used it for a few years and it was passed down, and passed down, and passed down, by 2010 the car seat had seen 4 children, and I guess it is still being passed down today.

see post #156
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post1745121 ("Child Seat" for Babies & Kids)

If cleaned and maintained, these seats can last forever.

see post #5
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...tml#post151979 ("Child Seat" for Babies & Kids)

see post #61
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...tml#post529589 ("Child Seat" for Babies & Kids)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
The kid is definitely going to push back and throw lot of tantrums initially.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
My niece started using car seat when she was around 6-7 months of age and was able to sit with support.
Our son was in a rear-facing seat early in life (can't remember exactly when but very early). Then we shifted him to a front-facing seat. On the rare occasion, if we ever had to give one of his friends a ride he refused to share his seat. On the flip side, he would refuse to sit in any car that did not have a car seat. Then again he would refuse to drink milk, eat breakfast, lunch or dinner, unless it was presented to him on a dining table, with a placemat. He is still like that. Bloomin' "Angrez" he is.

I guess the trick is to get them used to not sitting in mom's lap as soon as it is viable.

Last edited by navin : 15th February 2021 at 15:45.
navin is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 17:03   #1202
BANNED

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
We got our son a Britax Marathon in 2002. He used it for a few years and it was passed down, and passed down, and passed down, by 2010 the car seat had seen 4 children, and I guess it is still being passed down today.
Thank you for the update, that's the nudge I was looking for . Ordered one right away.
My daughter has been using an R for Rabbit branded child seat with recline function. I would require a new child seat for my younger son, as our travels to native have slowly picked up to once a month or so as the restrictions are slowly easing out. So I thought of getting a better one for my daughter and use the already existing one for my son. Eventually my son also can graduate to the new one when he becomes 5 years old or so.

Last edited by pavi : 15th February 2021 at 17:31.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 15:31   #1203
BANNED

Received the Britax child seats today. Initial impression is very good, seems to be well built and has good padding. Costed Rs.16,699. Please find pictures below.
Country of origin:
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20210224_141203.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20210224_140613.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20210224_140601.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20210224_140523.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20210224_140510.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20210224_140429.jpg
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 09:51   #1204
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

We looking for a car seat for our 2 years old who loves traveling in the car. I notice that reclining car seats cannot be used as boosters. Is there an issue with safety if say I buy a LuvLap cozy convertible(1) vs the ones which can be used as booster ?
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 14:43   #1205
BHPian

I don't know if this has been shared here earlier, but a very important 2 hour rule for kids/babies in car seats:
https://www.infacol.co.uk/blog/two-h...ry-parent-know
gk01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:23   #1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Received the Britax child seats today.
--------
Attachment 2125338
I too have recently ordered from their Britax India website. The product seems to be old stock ( bar code scan of EAN number and then search with that in Google ). Seems like the same EAN is listed in many European shopping websites many years back ( dates back to 2018). Given that the manufacturer recommended product age is 6 years, this seems bad to sell such old stock. Just checking if it's only me or how about the experience for others.
Old 29th March 2021, 12:55   #1207
BHPian

I bought a booster seat for my kid since the car seat was getting a bit too small.

She is well within the weight/ height requirements of the booster seat ( 15-36 kg)

However there is one concern that I have. In the car seat her legs used to point a bit up which I guess is better for blood circulation and she has never complained even on non stop 5 hour drives. However with the booster seat her legs dangle above the car floor, and it will be an year at least (probably more didnt check the height properly) until she is able to to place her legs on the floor. She also cannot fold her legs and sit on the booster seat.

I have personally had issues with cramps when my legs are not firmly on the ground for more than 30 mins or so but i am not sure that's the same for kids. As such she hasnt complained so far but only used for less < 1 hr drives within the city.

So is the booster seat a bad idea and does it cause some blood circulation issues if used for a long time (say 2-3 hrs)?.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 14:05   #1208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I bought a booster seat for my kid since the car seat was getting a bit too small.

hrs)?.
Put a small box, or a stool under her feet.
She may not be complaining, but you try and sit with your feet dangling for some time. It's definitely uncomfortable.
Old 5th April 2021, 19:10   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Got the Britax Baby Safe infant carrier seat today. I’m impressed with the overall quality of the seat. I did a small trial run with the new born and he seemed to like it. He was very comfortable during the drive.

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-f7eab9f889a244fb892a094c9372d59e.jpeg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-d6c8cbe8090b49ca91c08b830537e7ac.jpeg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-7ba72b7f56c64f5c881ee6f380085e0f.jpeg
guyfrmblr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 13:24   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Got the Britax Baby Safe infant carrier seat today. I’m impressed with the overall quality of the seat. I did a small trial run with the new born and he seemed to like it. He was very comfortable during the drive.

Attachment 2140943

Attachment 2140944

Attachment 2140945
This is a nice purchase. I have used the same and the shade is very good for the Indian summer and there is no need for separate sun shade for the window. The cover is also easy to remove and wash.
However please remember that as you child gets older the central buckle gets closer to the thighs and may pinch the thigh as there is no thigh guard.
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 12:58   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post

She is well within the weight/ height requirements of the booster seat ( 15-36 kg)
If you don't mind, can you share the details of the booster seat you have bought? I am also looking for a booster seat for my 4 year old daughter. She has outgrown the current car seat we have.
Old 11th June 2021, 11:14   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
If you don't mind, can you share the details of the booster seat you have bought? I am also looking for a booster seat for my 4 year old daughter. She has outgrown the current car seat we have.
Got this high back booster seat. There are ones without the back as well which could be a better option since the kid might be able to fold the legs and sit incase she is is not able to keep the legs on the floor.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 20:24   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes View Post
Picked up Chicco Nextfit from Chicco store in Skyzone, Lower Parel Mumbai for my 1.5 year son. After 10% discount it costed me 25,200 rs.
It was time to upgrade the Car Seat for my Son as he outgrew Chicco Nextfit. Went ahead and ordered "Graco Affix Highback Booster Seat with Latch System Atomic" from Amazon (Cart2India). I got it for 13,400 rs , its made in China and was shipped from USA.

Its not as sturdy as Nextfit but otherwise looks fine . Adding few pictures.

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20210707_162339.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20210707_162345.jpg

[Side note - I am having some trouble creating account in classified section, if anyone is interested to buy Chicco Nextfit, please PM me.]
Old 13th July 2021, 23:06   #1214

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

Attachment 2140943

Attachment 2140944

Attachment 2140945
Did you get this from their site? I am on the lookout for their Dualfix version but neither the Amazon listing nor their website inspires much confidence. I am confident this is the right product but not sure if the sellers are reliable.
Old 14th July 2021, 17:05   #1215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceman View Post
Did you get this from their site? I am on the lookout for their Dualfix version but neither the Amazon listing nor their website inspires much confidence. I am confident this is the right product but not sure if the sellers are reliable.
Yes, I bought it directly from the Britax website. They delivered it pretty quickly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks