Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 18:31   #916
BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
I am looking to buy child seats for my babies. I ahve booked a Baleno Delta and awaiting delivery. Baleno has ISOFIX so looking for compatible child seats. I have been blessed with triplets and they are a month old. They are slightly small for their age as they were born premature. Im looking for some help in buying seats for the kids which should suffice for at least 4 years.

Which brands should I consider? What should I look for in terms of features and specifications? What's the best way of wearing a baby in the middle of the rear seat? Looks like I'll have to buy one seat without ISOFIX. Please advise.

I'm going through this thread in great detail.
First of all, congrats. Thrice over. I have a feeling, you are going to have your hands full.

Most seats which have ISOFIX invariably also have the option of using seatbelts.

This article along with the comment section will be useful.

http://thecarseatlady.com/triplets-t...ide-for-twins/
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 19:30   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
I am looking to buy child seats for my babies. I ahve booked a Baleno Delta and awaiting delivery. Baleno has ISOFIX so looking for compatible child seats. I have been blessed with triplets and they are a month old. They are slightly small for their age as they were born premature. Im looking for some help in buying seats for the kids which should suffice for at least 4 years.

Please do check if the Baleno has space to seat three child seats abreast at the rear. I doubt it. In my Ertiga two child seats leave very little space at the rear.

Another point to note is lack of rear 3 point belt at the centre on the Baleno. You can't secure a Child seat safely with a lap belt. And the seat can't be put in the front seat as it's Airbag Equipped and as far as I know the Airbag in the Baleno can't be switched off.

I think you may have to rethink your car choice.

Last edited by ampere : 8th September 2017 at 22:15. Reason: Referenced the correct quoted post
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 13:33   #918
BHPian

Hi,
First and foremost, I'm happy to see a 50+ page on a topic like this. I always assumed people don't pay enough attention to child car seats in India. Glad to be proved wrong (at least in the community here )

Anyway, I'm planning on a highway drive soon, I would love to get some recommendations for car seats for 2.5 year old (should be usable for atleast next 2 years). Budget ~5k. Can stretch if higher quality ones not available in this range.

Thanks very much in advance

PS: I've already checked a couple of them on Amazon/FK, but could not find anything with enough reviews. So not sure what would be good/bad.

PS1: If you know of any good shop in Bengaluru, selling these, please let me know. Would love to visit and buy it in person.
Old 26th September 2017, 15:22   #919
BHPian

Hi Guys, A query on the usage. I have been using Chicco Eletta child seat for over 2 years now and it is placed on rear left seat in in my Linea secured by three point seat belt. I would like to move it to the center and secure it using the lap belt. Any problems with this approach ? Reason being nowadays I travel with 2 passengers on the rear seat and the middle seat is uncomfortable for whover is sitting. The child seat in the center will solve this problem
Old 26th September 2017, 15:39   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Hi Guys, A query on the usage. I have been using Chicco Eletta child seat for over 2 years now and it is placed on rear left seat in in my Linea secured by three point seat belt. I would like to move it to the center and secure it using the lap belt. Any problems with this approach ? Reason being nowadays I travel with 2 passengers on the rear seat and the middle seat is uncomfortable for whover is sitting. The child seat in the center will solve this problem
No doubt about it, the 3 point seat belt is the much more secure way to fasten the child seat in the car. I don't think the lap belt will provide the same amount of protection a 3 point would. My suggestion, even though uncomfortable, the left rear is the better choice for the child
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 08:43   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vint View Post
Anyway, I'm planning on a highway drive soon, I would love to get some recommendations for car seats for 2.5 year old (should be usable for atleast next 2 years). Budget ~5k. Can stretch if higher quality ones not available in this range.
If you can stretch on your budget then visit Chicco exclusive store in Indiranagar and here is the LOCATION
Good thing about visiting a store is you can check how comfortable your kid is going to be?
Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 23:54   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vint View Post
Hi,
First and foremost, I'm happy to see a 50+ page on a topic like this. I always assumed people don't pay enough attention to child car seats in India. Glad to be proved wrong (at least in the community here )

Thanks very much in advance

PS: I've already checked a couple of them on Amazon/FK, but could not find anything with enough reviews. So not sure what would be good/bad.

PS1: If you know of any good shop in Bengaluru, selling these, please let me know. Would love to visit and buy it in person.
Hi,

Check out the LUVLAP Convertible seat, has great reviews and in your budget.
As its on Amazon Prime, u can call for it and return it if you don't like it.
I have seen their carry cot model in a store and the quality is very nice.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B015N4...eat&th=1&psc=1

Hope this helps.
Insane Devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 23:56   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Hi,

Never use a car seat with only a lap belt. It's a strict no-no!

Always use three point belt, and once fitted, your baby seat shouldn't move more than an inch in any direction when you try to shake it.
Insane Devil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 00:48   #924
Senior - BHPian

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Bought this travel system from Amazon USA. It's being delivered to a friend's hotel, and will be brought down to India next week. Looks great!
Thanks everyone for your inputs!
Old 3rd October 2017, 06:24   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hi,

Check out the LUVLAP Convertible seat, has great reviews and in your budget.
As its on Amazon Prime, u can call for it and return it if you don't like it.
I have seen their carry cot model in a store and the quality is very nice.
I happened to buy this Luvlap Convertible seat from Amazon for my 10 month old son last week. Got it for a little over 5K. The quality is excellent.

Used it on our 250 km weekend trip to home town. My son likes it but sits on it for only half n hour at a stretch. Hope he gets used to it with time.

Here is a picture of the seat strapped on to our Rapid.
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-1506992038913.jpg  

Auto freak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:59   #926
BHPian

Shouldn't it be rear-facing?
BUXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:12   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
I happened to buy this Luvlap Convertible seat from Amazon for my 10 month old son last week. Got it for a little over 5K. The quality is excellent.

Used it on our 250 km weekend trip to home town. My son likes it but sits on it for only half n hour at a stretch. Hope he gets used to it with time.

Out of curiosity - I mean is that how you had setup the child seat and buckled up your child in that seat (facing forward)?

I doubt if that is the correct way. It should be the other way round. When you apply sudden/gradual break, your child should lean backwards in way that the head of baby is supported by the child seat. But in your setup the child will be forced to bend forward (stress on neck) which will defeat the purpose of your purchase.

Apologies if I am wrong.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:23   #928
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
At 10 months of age the kids neck is not strong enough for a front facing setup.

You need to fix the seat like this https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post2478250
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 17:08   #929
BHPian

Quote:

My daughter 22 months old, little above 10Kgs is still seated in a rear facing Chicco Nextfit.
Front facing is a strict NO for 10 month old kid and this might be the reason why he is not comfortable for more than 30 minutes.

Cheers!
Old 3rd October 2017, 17:55   #930
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the inputs everyone! I mounted it front facing since he is over 9 kg. Shall switch the seat to rear facing now.
Auto freak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks