Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Yes it is. These are the actual numbers:

Item(s) Subtotal: 20,063.03
Shipping: 6,757.17
Total: 26,820.20
Import Fees Deposit: 11,156.09
Grand Total: 37,976.29

The original Amazon.com price was 149 USD.
The Idea is to find stuff worth 70$. If you watch lightning deals it not difficult t see a 100$ Evenflow marked down to 70-80$
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 14:28   #1052
BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Well time flies, and my kid was no longer comfortable in her group 0+ car seat.
Researched a bit and bought the Luvlap premier baby car seat (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for Rs 4888 from Amazon.

As this is a multi use seat for group 1+2+3 (weight range 9-36 kg), it should suffice till the time my kid is old enough to occupy a seat without use of a child / booster seat.
My friend is looking for a car seat for his ~1 year old son. He drives a 2011 Fabia (doesn't have ISOFIX).

Are you happy with your purchase? Would you recommend this seat?
Old 6th March 2019, 15:01   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
My friend is looking for a car seat for his ~1 year old son. He drives a 2011 Fabia (doesn't have ISOFIX).

Are you happy with your purchase? Would you recommend this seat?
Yes I am mostly satisfied - with the up/down adjustable position headrest and 5 point seatbelt, this seat is good from a safety perspective. Some people have complained about the lack of cushioning, but I find it pretty ok.
Only negative point I can find is that if the child falls asleep, there's some amount of front side head nodding as this seat cannot be reclined.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 15:06   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Yes I am mostly satisfied - with the up/down adjustable position headrest and 5 point seatbelt, this seat is good from a safety perspective. Some people have complained about the lack of cushioning, but I find it pretty ok.
Only negative point I can find is that if the child falls asleep, there's some amount of front side head nodding as this seat cannot be reclined.
Thanks.

I generally like Mothercare's products and they have a similar seat (suitable for group 1 to 3) for around 10k. I am guessing it'll be more comfortable than the LuvLap. If you were to chose between the two, which one would you pick?

https://www.amazon.in/Mothercare-Adv...863338&sr=1-74
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 15:09   #1055
BANNED

I have been using the child seat below for sometime now, and I am satisfied with it. It’s good as it has reclining functionality which aids when the child falls asleep.

R for Rabbit Jack N Jill Grand - The Innovative Convertible Car Seat for Baby/Kids (from 0-7 Years) (Grey) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077MQ7G1Z/..._Qs5FCbRK8NDJC
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 19:20   #1056
BHPian

So here is our experience of buying, installing, using the car seat and a few questions

The need -

My wife had learnt how to drive but till date has been using cabs for work commute & she was fine doing this. The challenge was our little champ who turned 14 months also started traveling with her to work location as there is a Day Care/Creche facility in the same premises. Surge pricing, unruly cab drivers, long wait times & additional weight meant a little too much for her. This got us to conclusion that she could use the car & our son could travel along with her.

Our car does not have ISOFIX and hence had to choose the ones which work with 3 point seat belts.
We had shortlisted LuvLap Premier primarily because of online reviews and our experience with LuvLap as a brand for other items which we have purchased in recent past.

Below are some snaps and a few other details -

Box Packing - The packaging was basic. The seat however was packaged with the belts of the seat to avoid internal movement. The reason these snaps are added as they give out the specifications.

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-box2.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-box3.jpg

This seat is good for Group 1,2 & 3 only. This was enough for us as our son has outgrown group 0.

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-box1.jpg

The seat looks good, a bit sporty and premium. Although cushioning is thin you do do feel hard plastics . The seat cushioning can be removed for washing. The headrest is movable to 3 levels, in the pic it is at the lowest level which is sufficient for our son, the place the logo is stitched is rough, they should have placed the logo else where.

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-front.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-back.jpg

The installed seat at the back of my car. The installation is done as per group 2 instructions as group 1 instruction the seat belt was falling short going through all the grove., The seat however is in place and does not move for the bottom but does move from the top.

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-installed_side.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-installated_front.jpg

Group 3 is basically only the bottom part and the backrest would be removed would work as a booster seat.

Questions -

Before you answer the question request you to kindly look at the video which will help you to understand the installation scenarios or if you have already familiar with installation of such car seats.

1. Can we continue to use the seat in group 2 installation, if no can we get the seat belt changed to get a lengthier one ? Seat belt extender would be of no help as it will only extend the end part and would not go through the arm rest and the red clip on top.
  2. The seat currently is being used in front seat as it can be reclined, although most of the suggestions are to use the car seat in back, I suppose that is only because of the Airbag in the front. Our car does not have Airbags at all what would be other issues for keeping the seat in front?
I am in no way associated to the brand in anyway except we are the customers.
freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 22:28   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak View Post
[*]The seat currently is being used in front seat as it can be reclined, although most of the suggestions are to use the car seat in back, I suppose that is only because of the Airbag in the front. Our car does not have Airbags at all what would be other issues for keeping the seat in front?[/list]I am in no way associated to the brand in anyway except we are the customers.
The safest place for a child car seat & the child till 12-13 years is on the rear seat. Please use it as such.
blackasta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 12:01   #1058
BANNED

My son has recently outgrown Group 2 and now ready for booster seat. I am particularly looking for a high-back booster seat that can accommodate till 45kgs or more.

Need suggestions from Pune BHPians, where can I get one in a traditional brick and mortar shop? I prefer to try it with my son before purchasing, hence avoiding the usual "dot com"s. Till now, my search including Firstcry and Mothercare stores resulted in blank stares from the sales representative.

On Amazon India, I have selected Evenflo AMP without Isofix and Graco Affix with Isofix. Anyone has any experiences with them?
Old 18th April 2019, 12:32   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Need suggestions from Pune BHPians, where can I get one in a traditional brick and mortar shop? I prefer to try it with my son before purchasing, hence avoiding the usual "dot com"s. Till now, my search including Firstcry and Mothercare stores resulted in blank stares from the sales representative.
Unfortunately, Pune has very few stores which have a decent stock of child seats. Bonsaii in Aundh was one of them, but I think it's closed now. Check with Shopper's Stop at Wakdewadi on Old Pune Mumbai highway, or any other SS outlets that you might know of.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 13:48   #1060
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Unfortunately, Pune has very few stores which have a decent stock of child seats. Bonsaii in Aundh was one of them, but I think it's closed now. Check with Shopper's Stop at Wakdewadi on Old Pune Mumbai highway, or any other SS outlets that you might know of.

Cheers,
Vikram

Thanks Vikram. I have already checked with SS and Mothercare stand-alone stores. All they have are Group1 and 2.

Any idea of stores in Mumbai then?
Old 18th April 2019, 19:34   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Any idea of stores in Mumbai then?
Sorry, no. Don't know anything about Mumbai at all.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 21:06   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you try the FirstCry.com online store? They have age specific products in various categories including Booster Seats and Child Car Seats! We usually shop for our little one from there itself, and so far the experience has been satisfactory.

And they have home delivery for many products as well in most of the pin codes.
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 10:48   #1063
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Why don't you try the FirstCry.com online store? They have age specific products in various categories including Booster Seats and Child Car Seats! We usually shop for our little one from there itself, and so far the experience has been satisfactory.

And they have home delivery for many products as well in most of the pin codes.
Off-course, that was the first place we hit, both online and offline. They don't have any type 3 high back booster. Type 1,2,3 multipurpose seats are too bulky and I anyway, won't be needing the 1 & 2.

Anyway, I wanted to do a fit and finish check with my son at a store, but I guess I have to look at Amazon et all.
Old 22nd April 2019, 13:03   #1064
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to buy and carry a booster seat for my 6 year old, can someone please recommend one ?

Last edited by hondafanboy : 22nd April 2019 at 13:04. Reason: spelling
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:11   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to buy and carry a booster seat for my 6 year old, can someone please recommend one ?
Please see post 932, regarding Evenflo Spectrum Highback Booster Car Seat, which I currently use for my 5 year old son.

Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MQWR6UU/..._Cdf6zb549ZRXW

Strongly recommended.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks