Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2020, 13:12   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mumbai to Ahmedabad in the Nexon EV

@Zappex, one question:
How much time will you have between getting the car and going to Amdavad ?

If you have some time, have you thought of making a trial run during lean traffic time (such that you can to some extent emulate the highway traffic density) and get an indicative range ? This can help you estimate how much range you will have when you make the trip.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 13:19   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Zappex, one question:
How much time will you have between getting the car and going to Amdavad ?
Not much, I have already relocated to Ahmedabad.

Will go to Mumbai to pick-up the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you have some time, have you thought of making a trial run during lean traffic time (such that you can to some extent emulate the highway traffic density) and get an indicative range ? This can help you estimate how much range you will have when you make the trip.
Very valid suggestion, this should be a prerequisite. But like I said, I won't have much time. (Just charge to 100% and go!)
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 13:35   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Not much, I have already relocated to Ahmedabad.

Will go to Mumbai to pick-up the car
Is it possible to get the car delivered at a dealership in Ahmedabad? If not, can you cancel the booking in Ahmedabad? Would that have any significant impact on the waiting period or cost (would that be higher than the costs involved in this drive including accommodation and tickets)?
Old 27th January 2020, 14:05   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Is it possible to get the car delivered at a dealership in Ahmedabad?
It needs to be registered in Mumbai for my intended future usage.

So it will either be driven or transported from there

Quote:
If not, can you cancel the booking in Ahmedabad?
My booking is done with the Mumbai dealer

Quote:
Would that have any significant impact on the waiting period or cost (would that be higher than the costs involved in this drive including accommodation and tickets)?
If I cancel the booking, I might miss out on the introductory pricing and they might push me further down the que.

In a scenario where I buy it from Ahmedabad the car will have to be sent to the Mumbai RTO and then back to Ahmedabad which will be an unnecessary logistical nightmare.

I happen to be amongst the first to do the pre-booking at Mumbai. So it makes sense to go ahead with that.
Zappex is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 15:02   #65
BHPian

Was just looking up Charging stations put up by Tata

https://nexonev.tatamotors.com/charging-locator/

There is one in Bharuch. And also in Dahanu and Bordi (Sorry if it was already discussed)
bornnerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 15:25   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post
Was just looking up Charging stations put up by Tata

https://nexonev.tatamotors.com/charging-locator/

There is one in Bharuch. And also in Dahanu and Bordi (Sorry if it was already discussed)
That map is from plugin India, Most of those places just provide a 15amp supply port.

If you download the recharge India app, it will give you the phone numbers for specific charging points along with the rates they will charge. Sometimes it can be quite exorbitant, as much as Rs.100/hour for a 15amp plug. With a 2.3Kw portable charger that is basically Rs.50/unit.
mohanphadnis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 18:00   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanphadnis View Post
That map is from plugin India, Most of those places just provide a 15amp supply port.

If you download the recharge India app, it will give you the phone numbers for specific charging points along with the rates they will charge. Sometimes it can be quite exorbitant, as much as Rs.100/hour for a 15amp plug. With a 2.3Kw portable charger that is basically Rs.50/unit.
That info is very unreliable, numbers are wrongly updated

Last edited by Furebo : 27th January 2020 at 18:23.
Furebo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 18:24   #68
BHPian

Quick update:

I spoke to the Tata dealer at Surat

He confirmed that a DC fast charger will be installed before 10th February 2020 (Hoping this is true!)

If the car is driven well I can make it to Ahmedabad with one-stop on the way

0-100% charging should take 1 hour 30 mins max
Zappex is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 11:34   #69
BHPian

Quote:
It needs to be registered in Mumbai for my intended future usage....In a scenario where I buy it from Ahmedabad the car will have to be sent to the Mumbai RTO and then back to Ahmedabad which will be an unnecessary logistical nightmare.
Would you also get the 1L subsidy on buying the EV from Mumbai, rather than buying it in Ahmedabad? Are there any terms and conditions on the subsidy? Am seriously considering buying one in Mumbai and then transporting it to Bangalore (if it works out cheaper).
Old 29th January 2020, 11:51   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Would you also get the 1L subsidy on buying the EV from Mumbai, rather than buying it in Ahmedabad? Are there any terms and conditions on the subsidy? Am seriously considering buying one in Mumbai and then transporting it to Bangalore (if it works out cheaper).
I will be registering the car in Mumbai and using it in Ahmedabad for a couple of months. My future usage and stay will be in Mumbai. So it does not make sense to register it in Ahmedabad.

To the best of my knowledge, Gujarat does not have any such initiative as of now.

I would advise you to avoid this if you are going to keep the car in Bangalore. There have been cases of heavy fines levied as it is not considered legal to register the car elsewhere for benefits.

Bangalore does have some incentives, you can check with your dealer

PS: I have shared the terms in one of my previous post. Please look it up.

Last edited by Zappex : 29th January 2020 at 11:53.
Zappex is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 12:20   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I would advise you to avoid this if you are going to keep the car in Bangalore. There have been cases of heavy fines levied as it is not considered legal to register the car elsewhere for benefits.

Bangalore does have some incentives, you can check with your dealer

PS: I have shared the terms in one of my previous post. Please look it up.
Thanks.

It is not legal to register a car in MH and drive in KA, beyond a stipulated time.But if i buy the car in MH, transfer to KA, register in KA and then drive to KA, there is nothing illegal, IMHO.

Now typically with Road-Tax involved such a workaround does not make sense. But with both MH and KA having zero Road-Tax for EVs, there is no extra money lost.

Will certainly check around for the legality of doing it, but if anyone has information around this, sharing it would certainly help.
sachinayak is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 22:53   #72
BHPian

Only if there were high speed charging points in roadside restaurants where people could charge them and have their food too. The restaurants can generate some electricity with roof top solar panels and parking lots with solar panel covered roofs additionally.

Also flash charging by ABB looks promising

In this particular scenario overnight stay and charging seems to be the most practical and safe of range anxiety option.
adityadeva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 15:41   #73
BHPian

@Zappex - I just saw this in Nexon EV site. Tata recommends not to use extension cord. Hope you have got the confirmation from dealer/tata to use the extension cord!
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai to Ahmedabad in the Nexon EV-nexon-ev-donts.png  

bronco is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 22:59   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
@Zappex - I just saw this in Nexon EV site. Tata recommends not to use extension cord. Hope you have got the confirmation from dealer/tata to use the extension cord!
I have confirmed with the Tata Motors representative (From the plant), he shared the specs for the extension. They understand that we need it as the charging points might not be conveniently located.
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 11:33   #75
BHPian

The Tata Power app for Android is now available and has info on all the chargers currently installed/operational.

We can check the kind of connectors, availability and working hours for these points

One can book through the app and pay online

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.evapp&hl=en
Zappex is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks