Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:40   #91
BHPian

Re: Mumbai to Ahmedabad in the Nexon EV

Hello Zappex,

Hope you have received the delivery of your Nexon EV.

There is a fast charger installed at one of the Tata Dealer at Baroda.
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:48   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
but using regen for no apparent reason actually reduces your range by a considerable margin.
Spot on. This is my biggest complaint about Nexon EV.
Here is my opinion about it after a TD on highway:
A 33km long Test Drive of Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
The EVs available so far in India including Nexon has a proper N than can be selected via the gear selector.
I was switching to N whenever I wanted to switch off regen. Very crude workaround!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 2nd March 2020 at 15:49.
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 14:07   #93
BHPian

Update:

Due to COVID, I moved back to Mumbai, and with no charging stations installed midway, this trip was not possible.

I booked my car on the launch day and the excitement was high!

Apart from the pandemic, the way Tata dealer handled my booking was nothing short of a disaster!

I was given no updates and they took forever to even share a quote.

They forced me to pay over and above the price of the car by hiking handling charges, illegal RTO charges and compulsory overpriced insurance from their agent.

By the time this got escalated to Tata I was exhausted, few things were resolved but the experience was very bitter. There was zero coordination with the plant and I was asked to wait endlessly.

I was really happy to see an Indian brand stepping up with their product line, I tried to reason within but the real-world range would not suffice for me.

After waiting for over 6 months, I have decided to cancel my booking. I will wait for a better EV and take the plunge in the time to come.

This thread has been very informative and I thank everyone who contributed to it.

Until next time,
Zap
Zappex is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 14:49   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Shame on the dealer concerned for this sorry state of affairs. No paying customer should be treated this way. It has been established time and again that handling charges are illegal. Yet, dealers, all dealers indulge in this shady practice. Insurance is a bit tricky in this case as very few companies have Nexon EV listed with them so options are very limited. Nonetheless, dealers are expected to be clear and transparent with regards to timelines and delivery schedules. It is not the customer’s job to run after them for updates. Sad to see a good and pathbreaking car from a company that is genuinely trying to turn itself around be so let down by shady and uncooperative dealers.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 20:01   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Update:
Apart from the pandemic, the way Tata dealer handled my booking was nothing short of a disaster!

I was given no updates and they took forever to even share a quote.

They forced me to pay over and above the price of the car by hiking handling charges, illegal RTO charges and compulsory overpriced insurance from their agent.
Sorry to hear that. Can i ask if its the dealer in Borivali East, Wasan Motors?

I have faced similar set of issues and I am also on verge of cancellation, if the mis-handling continues for next 2 weeks. Tata motors definitely have a good car but handling/updates/communication is very disappointing.

I pre-booked in January (as early as Jan 8th) And what frustrated me was false promise from dealers like Lux first delivery in Mumbai will come to you only blah blah.. Tata charger guy called few days back saying sir, we have still not got your Society NOC and hence process is stuck. It was sent in march and i re-sent again (and i could see in Whatsapp message about he acknowledging the earlier receipt). I did not even argue about RTO charges and handling charges but my patience is now quickly running out.
Old 21st June 2020, 20:17   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post
Sorry to hear that. Can i ask if its the dealer in Borivali East, Wasan Motors?
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, my booking was with Wasan too. They promised the same things and went back on it.

Later shifted my booking to Heritage Motors which was reasonably better.

I know that GTO says that if the product is good we should ignore the rest. But the dealer pushed me to the brink and I couldn’t get myself to come back.

In those 6 months, I realised that the range anxiety can be taken care of with a bigger battery pack. We cannot wait infinitely for a charging point to pop up on the highway!
Old 19th July 2020, 19:45   #97
BHPian

Anyone here who has taken delivery of a Nexon EV? How do you go about applying for the subsidy? Although it isn't the time for it, any highway drives ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, my booking was with Wasan too. They promised the same things and went back on it.

Later shifted my booking to Heritage Motors which was reasonably better.

I know that GTO says that if the product is good we should ignore the rest. But the dealer pushed me to the brink and I couldn’t get myself to come back.

In those 6 months, I realised that the range anxiety can be taken care of with a bigger battery pack. We cannot wait infinitely for a charging point to pop up on the highway!

So Sad to read about your dreams and excitement being shattered by the dealer attitude. I was reading with much anticipation from page one and expected your travalogue on the last page, was shocked to read the cancelation. For a lot of organizations the customer has become just a number, that is where the founders vision and value system collapses.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th July 2020 at 05:19. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Pashin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 00:08   #98

Hey fellow readers, a fellow Nexon EV owner here. I keep hearing about the nexon ev owners’ group but haven’t come across one yet. Does anyone have a link I can join or maybe you know someone who does.

Thanks a lot.
Old 30th May 2021, 13:07   #99
BHPian

As a matter of academic interest, the trip envisioned in the title of the thread is quite easily possible now with various fast chargers en route including Surat and Baroda.
Old 30th May 2021, 13:26   #100
BHPian

The range anxiety and stress brought back memories of this tweet
https://twitter.com/anandmahindra/st...78165340278784

Who knows might be a solution to your EV drive.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 14:20   #101
Senior - BHPian

So sorry for you Zappex.

Was curious to read your travelogue. The Nexon EV is good VFM when compared to competition. The Kona is still the king in take offs and pure fun mode but almost a BIG 10 more expensive.

BTW, using an extension cord to charge an EV is not practical and safe especially if the cord is not of good quality and the plug doesn't have a separate earth.

Most extension boxes short Neutral and Earth and that is not a correct method in terms of safety!
Old 6th June 2021, 10:37   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

BTW, using an extension cord to charge an EV is not practical and safe especially if the cord is not of good quality and the plug doesn't have a separate earth.

Most extension boxes short Neutral and Earth and that is not a correct method in terms of safety!
Could you please explain a bit about shorting of Earth and Neutral? Are you referring to people digging a spike into the ground for earthing?
Old 6th June 2021, 10:49   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Could you please explain a bit about shorting of Earth and Neutral? Are you referring to people digging a spike into the ground for earthing?
The source of power, viz, the Distribution box has to have a proper earth, this neutral being shorted with earth will create issues. The method of proper earthing is by digging a earth pit say 8ft deep or higher based on ground resistivity values taken and running a copper flat to the DB. There are chemical earth pits as well, but depends on the source again

Back to the EV Charging, Then the power box where the EV plug is connected to, should have a separate earth line, apart from neutral from the DB. Earth and Neutral are 2 different things and should not be confused

We will be going OT completely here, so I refrain.
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 12:23   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrawalyash11 View Post
Hey fellow readers, a fellow Nexon EV owner here. I keep hearing about the nexon ev owners’ group but haven’t come across one yet. Does anyone have a link I can join or maybe you know someone who does.

Thanks a lot.
The link to the application form is on their twitter account - @nexonevownerclb. Once you fill in the requisite details (its for owners only and requires ownership proof) the group is quite active on Telegram and also extremely helpful.
zandot is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks