Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 11:28   #151
BHPian

Re: Cancelled my MG ZS booking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijucg View Post
Dear All,

Inspite of waiting for 6 months post my booking in Jan 2022 my SA@kalyan nagar bangalore said I will have to wait till SEP and I could take it anymore. I have officially requested for my refund and cancellation of my booking. Thanks for all the great feedback and wishing good luck for the future owners 😊
Are you planning to buy another car instead? Nexon EV buyers are facing issues now that the dealers have stopped registering cars until the investigation of the fire is completed.
Old 28th June 2022, 12:51   #152
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Yes, I did. With no respect to booking priority at MG and Nexon not in my list, decided to stick back with ICE and thinking of new Tucson 2022
vijucg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 16:04   #153
BHPian

I booked ZS EV in end of March at MG flagship Gurgaon, till now no sight of delivery.
MG booking management is very inefficient and nontransparent. They keep you in dark as no estimated delivery dates are shown. After launch of Nexon EV max i thought many will move from MG to Nexon EV max and i will get delivery early but i was wrong.
speedemon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 16:00   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon View Post
I booked ZS EV in end of March at MG flagship Gurgaon, till now no sight of delivery.
MG booking management is very inefficient and nontransparent. They keep you in dark as no estimated delivery dates are shown. After launch of Nexon EV max i thought many will move from MG to Nexon EV max and i will get delivery early but i was wrong.
The booking transparency is hardly there from MG. I have also booked from MG Flagship Gurgaon in May for Ferish White color but looking at your Mar booking is still pending, I am wondering when will mine get delivered. Which color have you booked?
Old 30th June 2022, 10:01   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijucg View Post
Yes, I did. With no respect to booking priority at MG and Nexon not in my list, decided to stick back with ICE and thinking of new Tucson 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon View Post
I am also waiting for updates in Bangalore, no info on the delivery date, if they are not able to give a date thinking to look for other ICE options
Old 2nd July 2022, 10:16   #156
BHPian

Hello folks, Any information pertaining to launch of Excite version that was expected to come in July?
Old 2nd July 2022, 10:42   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Hello folks, Any information pertaining to launch of Excite version that was expected to come in July?
I have an existing booking for the Excite version. I got in touch with my sales person and he said he has no information yet. I hope with the success of the Nexon Max, MG will move quickly on this.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:24   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
There is a long-running thread in the UK forums about the "HV Battery Shut Off" issue.
I have seen some videos on youtube complaining of the same. One common theme to be seen was that the charging didnt start in one go and the driver tried starting the charging multiple times and got the error. The problem seems to be that the car doesn’t want to charge if there’s any voltage fluctuation. In such cases, it doesn’t even give you an error. Oblivious to the issue, anyone would try to charge again and then finally the car cuts off the connection to the HV battery as a safety measure. If only MG could warn the drivers of the voltage fluctuation at the charger, a lot of these issues could be saved.
ankitsingh7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 11:47   #159

Recently there was an announcement
https://egov.eletsonline.com/2022/07...battery-packs/

GST on Li Batteries is cut from 18% to5% so the cost will be passed to end-users?
MG will reduce the price by 1-2 L?

Last edited by blkantha : 6th July 2022 at 11:58.
Old 6th July 2022, 12:36   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkantha View Post
Recently there was an announcement
https://egov.eletsonline.com/2022/07...battery-packs/

GST on Li Batteries is cut from 18% to5% so the cost will be passed to end-users?
MG will reduce the price by 1-2 L?
This has been discussed in this Thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ery-packs.html

End of the day, there will be no price reduction as EVs were already under 5% GST slab.
speedmiester is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 12:53   #161
BHPian

Any updates on the launch of Excite version?
Old 11th July 2022, 13:49   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Any updates on the launch of Excite version?
I inquired from MG ,Ludhiana got the above reply and no variant wise break up as well.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-d7f6aafae62241fb81ba1d1dc8131ebe.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 11th July 2022 at 13:51.
XRoader_001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 18:45   #163

After a test drive last month, I was told that the waiting period for the ZS EV is 10months. So I decided against booking it. Also since the road tax exemption for electric cars only applies to the first 5000 sold in the state, I very much doubted I would get one delivered by then. Did consider the Astor and finally booked the Nexon EV max instead. My experience with MG dealership was mixed. The first dealership I visited basically ignored us. The second one was significantly better and seemed like they actually wanted to sell cars.
anandjm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 17:42   #164
Senior - BHPian

2022 MG ZS EV facelift registers over 5,000 unit sales in India

MG has announced that it has sold over 5,000 units of the ZS EV facelift in India. It is said that around 1,000 vehicles are booked every month.

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-mg-zs-ev2.jpg

The MG ZS EV facelift was launched in March this year, priced at Rs. 21.99 lakh (ex-showroom). It is available in two trims – Excite and Exclusive.

The styling of the 2022 ZS EV is similar to the petrol-powered version. The EV gets a blanked-off grille which is flanked by reprofiled headlamps. The rear features redesigned LED taillights, and the car rides on 17-inch alloy wheels.

Inside, the ZS EV facelift comes equipped with a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a 7-inch digital instrument cluster.

Powering the 2022 ZS EV is a 50.3 kWh battery and an electric motor with an output of 174 BHP and 353 Nm. The battery is said to offer a maximum range of 461 km on a single charge.

Last edited by TusharK : 15th July 2022 at 17:44.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 18:01   #165
BHPian

Well done, but still a long way to go.

When I was in the market for an EV last month , I had zeroed down on only 2 options
Nexon EV max and the MG ZS.

But in south TN there are only a handful of dealers for TATA and MG, who deal with EVs.

Hence I decided to take a TD of the ZS EV at Madurai, but when I called up the showroom they had absolutely Zero knowledge on that and abruptly hung up saying you can buy EVs only at Coimbatore and Chennai.

On the contrary when I called up TAMO dealer in Madurai, they politely took up all my details and the variant I would like. The next day I got a call from the SA saying that they have a NEXON EV available for TD and that EV max would take 10 days to arrive for a TD.

The SA politely answered all my queries and seemed very much acquainted with the technical aspects of it.

So much so that when were returning from a holiday and were passing through Madurai , we just made a call and asked for a TD of the NEXON EV, he arranged it ASAP without any hesitation whatsoever and that made me sign the cheque the following week.

MG still needs to expand its fledgling dealer network down south soon otherwise its sure to loose out on the market share for EVs.

People need confidence with a brand when switching over to Electric for the 1st time. The first impression always counts and in that case I appreciate my TAMO dealer at Madurai who did a fabulous job right from booking to delivery.

Last edited by pradheepsr : 15th July 2022 at 18:04.
pradheepsr is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks