Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2022, 07:47   #46
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Just a quick delivery check. I booked my car at the Gurgaon flagship showroom. I haven’t received any tentative dates on my 6th Feb 2022 booking. Anyone received their delivery from the Gurgaon showroom? If yes, then what was you booking date and when did you receive the delivery?
Old 9th May 2022, 08:51   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
There was an article from MG motors india where they recycled their first Lithium ion battery from the earlier zs ev model. All the promotions for zs ev have been for Lithium batteries. I doubt that they have nmc batteries.
Earlier model was lithium ion. Same is the case in UK as well.
Old 9th May 2022, 09:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Earlier model was lithium ion. Same is the case in UK as well.
Makes sense

Also the current model brochure mentions UL2580 certification. Through a quick google search, it seems like a certification for Li ion batteries.
Old 9th May 2022, 12:56   #49

Did anyone get an updated delivery time schedule for bookings done in Feb and March in Bangalore?
Old 9th May 2022, 14:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkantha View Post
Did anyone get an updated delivery time schedule for bookings done in Feb and March in Bangalore?
I have booked one in March and i was quoted a delivery period of 4-5 months. 2 months on and there is no signs of it. Also, I have choosen the Current Red Color which has the most bookings.
Old 9th May 2022, 14:35   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
I have booked one in March and i was quoted a delivery period of 4-5 months. 2 months on and there is no signs of it. Also, I have choosen the Current Red Color which has the most bookings.
what does order tracking in the MG app say ?
Old 9th May 2022, 19:41   #52
BHPian

My booking was on 21st jan 2022@blr. I have been following up with SA and was told that it will be delivered by aug/sep for red color. Beginning to think if I made a correct choice
Old 10th May 2022, 10:28   #53
BHPian

I checked with the dealer MG ORR Bangalore and they confirmed it's an LFP battery on the 2022 model. LFP is a type of lithium ion battery.
Old 10th May 2022, 14:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
We have been told we will get ours in July end/ early August; initially, it was supposed to be delivered in June!
Old 12th May 2022, 12:55   #55
BHPian

Anyone here having second thoughts post Nexon EV Max?
Old 12th May 2022, 14:42   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Anyone here having second thoughts post Nexon EV Max?
I've booked the 2021 Excite version which got converted to the 2022 Excite version. We don't know exactly what the feature list is going to be for the Excite (we'll find out in a couple of months).

However I think MG might try to make it feature rich since the price difference between the Excite version and the Nexon EV Max top end is only two lakhs thanks to the excellent pricing by Tata.

If the UK base version of the ZS EV is anything to go by there are a lot of things missing from the Excite version like ventilated seats, sunroof (for those who care about it), climate control, a superior audio setup, TMPS and a fully featured digital instrument cluster.

The argument can be made that the ZS is a segment higher, but I think the Nexon is quite spacious and might have a more comfortable rear seat. The range is now more comparable and the ground clearance is better in the Nexon too. The ZS EV is more powerful but in our day to day lives this might not make much of a difference. I won't go into looks as it is subjective. The max charging rate for the ZS is 76 Kw while it is 50 for the Nexon, but I will be charging my car at home using the 16A plug 90% of the time.

It makes sense to book the Nexon EV Max and cancel the ZS EV.

The only thing preventing me from switching bookings is that there is going to be a lengthy waiting period and I am at the top of the list for the Excite since I booked in Oct 2021 and also that the ZS EV sells internationally and has had a fairly decent quality track record.

People will have to wait upwards of 6 months for either car and I have already waited so long. If people want my advice go for the Nexon EV Max top end, you'll support an Indian car manufacturer who has consistently been pricing cars well while improving their cars and their quality.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 10:24   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I've booked the 2021 Excite version which got converted to the 2022 Excite version. We don't know exactly what the feature list is going to be for the Excite (we'll find out in a couple of months).

However I think MG might try to make it feature rich since the price difference between the Excite version and the Nexon EV Max top end is only two lakhs thanks to the excellent pricing by Tata.

If the UK base version of the ZS EV is anything to go by there are a lot of things missing from the Excite version like ventilated seats, sunroof (for those who care about it), climate control, a superior audio setup, TMPS and a fully featured digital instrument cluster.

The argument can be made that the ZS is a segment higher, but I think the Nexon is quite spacious and might have a more comfortable rear seat. The range is now more comparable and the ground clearance is better in the Nexon too. The ZS EV is more powerful but in our day to day lives this might not make much of a difference. I won't go into looks as it is subjective. The max charging rate for the ZS is 76 Kw while it is 50 for the Nexon, but I will be charging my car at home using the 16A plug 90% of the time.

It makes sense to book the Nexon EV Max and cancel the ZS EV.

The only thing preventing me from switching bookings is that there is going to be a lengthy waiting period and I am at the top of the list for the Excite since I booked in Oct 2021 and also that the ZS EV sells internationally and has had a fairly decent quality track record.

People will have to wait upwards of 6 months for either car and I have already waited so long. If people want my advice go for the Nexon EV Max top end, you'll support an Indian car manufacturer who has consistently been pricing cars well while improving their cars and their quality.

Couldn't agree more.

Hope that MG has some features that can be unlocked though software updates to mitigate the Nexon challenge. The rumours regarding why ZS has the front sensors could be along the same lines. if MG in anyway unlock certain functionalities over the air like front collision warning and avoidance, that would increase the value. I would also be keen to see if one pedal driving can be introduced through a software update as Tesla did. These might sound like big asks, but if MG is going to market its car as Car as a Platform then they should be able to provide features though software updates.

Ventilated seats are the biggest feature add in the Nexon in my opinion. I did a quick calculation from all the walkaround videos of nexon where the MID was showing the efficiency of the car, the average range based on that calculation was coming to 270-280 km. Which would be in line to the previous nexon as well.
ankitsingh7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 10:54   #58

Quote:
For the current Exclusive only they are struggling to deliver, not sure for Exite how they will manage..
Old 13th May 2022, 11:13   #59
BHPian

Quote:
For the current Exclusive only they are struggling to deliver, not sure for Exite how they will manage..
You're are right, MG seems to be having major issues in production / supply chain. They only managed to deliver 2,008 vehicles across their entire portfolio in April. The news is that there have been about 2,500 booking for the 2022 ZS EV already not to mention the pending deliveries for Astor, Hector and Gloster. I wonder if the lockdown in China has anything to do with this dismal performance.

Perhaps it might be the right time to jump ship and book the Nexon EV Max instead.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 11:56   #60

Quote:
You're are right, MG seems to be having major issues in production / supply chain. They only managed to deliver 2,008 vehicles across their entire portfolio in April. The news is that there have been about 2,500 booking for the 2022 ZS EV already not to mention the pending deliveries for Astor, Hector and Gloster. I wonder if the lockdown in China has anything to do with this dismal performance.

Perhaps it might be the right time to jump ship and book the Nexon EV Max instead.
We should now make bookings for Nexon, MG, and some ICE engine vehicles( which we like) and go on with who delivers first, else wait becomes endless. Manufacturers increasing prices by 3-4% every month in disguise will hurt pockets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks