Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 19:42   #406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Sir, I totally agree with you on that, Ive read some reviews saying that there is more noise on higher ISO's in A Sony than the other cameras.

But in my situation where I already have 2 Minolta lenses 18-75 AF and 70-300 AF zoom which I got with my minolta Maxxum 5 are only compatible with Sony and not with Canon or Nikon. I gotta use the lenses somehow as I would'nt get much in the resale of the lenses anyways.

So in this situation do you think buying A sony would make sense? What do you suggest?

Thanks
Dhiraj
Ok after lots of debating and weighing the options available I have finally gone in for a Sony Alpha 200 DSLR. I know lots of you would say that the quality isnt that great in Higher ISO settings. But for me I think this was the best option as I already have a 70-300 & 28-70 minolta lens (only compatible with sony)

The camera is new and I got it for 350USD from Ebay USA. The only problem is that I would get to use the camera only after 26th of Feb. Thats when my cousin carries it from the states.

I still have to get a memory card for the camera, do you guys think Transend 2gb 133x compact flash for about 15USD a good buy?
Old 27th January 2009, 19:50   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Ok after lots of debating and weighing the options available I have finally gone in for a Sony Alpha 200 DSLR. I know lots of you would say that the quality isnt that great in Higher ISO settings. But for me I think this was the best option as I already have a 70-300 & 28-70 minolta lens (only compatible with sony)

The camera is new and I got it for 350USD from Ebay USA. The only problem is that I would get to use the camera only after 26th of Feb. Thats when my cousin carries it from the states.

I still have to get a memory card for the camera, do you guys think Transend 2gb 133x compact flash for about 15USD a good buy?
go for a 4 gig card atleast coz most of the times you will find yourself clicking in raw and jpeg both.
Old 27th January 2009, 19:57   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
go for a 4 gig card atleast coz most of the times you will find yourself clicking in raw and jpeg both.
Ok, good suggestion,Thanks, But is Transend 133x good?? and also whats raw and jpeg both. I thought its eithe raw or its jpeg. Sorry
Old 27th January 2009, 19:58   #409
Senior - BHPian

@deky... you can have a look at the sandisk extreme III range of CF cards.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:23   #410
BHPian

Extreme 3 CF from Sandisk is selling for about 39$ on Adorama and is absolute value for money. Same goes for Extreme 4 which is selling for about 49$. Since you are still starting & it's an entry level cam, go for Extreme 3. You won't need the high XX rate of Extreme 4.
Old 6th February 2009, 10:34   #411
BANNED

Ok guys, my friend picked up a D90 for 50K odd from the CircuitCity closing own sale. They gave a lens extra and tripod along with it.

Dont have all the details, he will send it to me later today.

Only problem is coming down only by March. Incase i happen to visit before that i will get it along.
Old 6th February 2009, 12:07   #412
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Spitfire! Nice choice!

What is the lens? Kit lens 18-105 VR?
Old 6th February 2009, 12:23   #413
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Congrats Spitfire! Nice choice!

What is the lens? Kit lens 18-105 VR?
I am a total noob at this. He said it came to INR 50,700 all inclusive for the camera with standard lens attached (duh?? they sell without one also?) then an extra one which is better and needs to be bought separately, a infrared remote control, battery charger, extra long life battery, carrying case, some assorted cables and a tripod.

I have no idea about the specs of the lens and other stuff. When i called him his weekend had started a day early and was in no mood to listen to my boring questions.

Hoping he sends me the details today. All those folks in US can look for a good deal at circuit city they are apparently giving a 40% off on all cameras. He is some long time member there so got some goodies extra for no extra cost.
Old 6th February 2009, 12:31   #414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I am a total noob at this.
I have no idea about the specs of the lens and other stuff.
We know you are buying this for the wife, so your noobness is excused on this thread.

Very good choice, very good deal by the way. My congrats to your wife on her new camera.
Old 6th February 2009, 12:36   #415
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
We know you are buying this for the wife, so your noobness is excused on this thread.

Very good choice, very good deal by the way. My congrats to your wife on her new camera.
Thanks Sam san. Wifey seems happy with it too.

Wait till i click some excellent action pics of that crow lifting off from my balcony.
Old 6th February 2009, 12:37   #416
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, very good price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Hoping he sends me the details today. All those folks in US can look for a good deal at circuit city they are apparently giving a 40% off on all cameras. He is some long time member there so got some goodies extra for no extra cost.
Circuit City are closing all their US stores so I guess this is stock clearance sale time!
Old 6th February 2009, 12:41   #417
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Circuit City are closing all their US stores so I guess this is stock clearance sale time!
Yes, they are closing all their stores. Lots of employees being laid off and he said its quite a pity to know that the store he always visited and got friendly with some of the employess there, will be closing down. These line of stores is a well known victim of the recession.

They have even shut down their website and you can only buy stuff from the stores until stocks last.
Old 6th February 2009, 23:31   #418
Team-BHP Support

I am looking for a Canon 28/1.8, 85/1.8 lens and a EW-83J hood for my 17-55/2.8 IS. anyone?
Old 7th February 2009, 07:45   #419
Team-BHP Support

Navin, I'm badly stuck with office work. I'll be meeting Naresh today. I know your message came two weeks ago. Really sorry about that.
Old 7th February 2009, 16:10   #420
Team-BHP Support

Rudraji, I called Naresh.

He said he does not have either lens and was playing hard to get so I asked locally and am getting the 85/1.8 for 21K in mumbai now to get the 28/1.8 and that hood for the 17-55.

If Maresh can get me the 2 lenses and hood then cool I'd rather deal with one source but otherwise just ask him for the 28/1.8 and hood and I'll get the 85/1.8 lcoally.

Last edited by navin : 7th February 2009 at 16:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks