Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 07:55   #9931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri
1100D also misses on the following important features
1. Spot metering
Really? I guess every dlsr should have that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun
Does any body here have any experience with Pentax DLSR's , especially the K-5
Amazon.com: Pentax K-5 16.3 MP Digital SLR with 18-55mm Lens and 3-Inch LCD (Black): Camera & Photo

Quite a few reviews say this camera performs better than Nikon D7000.

How much of presence does Pentax have in India in terms authorized service centers ?
If you are looking for service centers, you will never be able to buy such a camera. They are indeed very good dslrs. You should buy Canon or Nikon.

Last edited by clevermax : 14th June 2012 at 07:58.
Old 14th June 2012, 08:59   #9932
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The DSLR Thread

Gentlemen, I seek permission to enter the club of DSLR owners. Finally went and bought a Sony A65, and mostly having fun shooting photomicrographs...

The DSLR Thread-kcot.jpg

...and panoramas that I don't have to stitch on a computer.

The DSLR Thread-view-my-balcony.jpg
Old 14th June 2012, 09:31   #9933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The main difference between 1100D and 550D range is the ISO performance (6400 vs 12800) (others can correct me) and HD Video recording (Not sure how relevant this is for still photography folks)
I meant the the 550D,600D and 650D which are having pretty similar specs yet they are all competing in the same segment.
Old 14th June 2012, 09:47   #9934
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I meant the the 550D,600D and 650D which are having pretty similar specs yet they are all competing in the same segment.
I was also trying check the same when the 600 was released. I think the main difference was swivel LCD screen.
That I think was not a major improvement then.

But looks like with 650D they are bringing in the 60D AF system which might be good. This hybrid AF system
(continuous AF with live view) seems to be geared more for video rather than still. So from that point of view I
think 550D is still worth it. (In fact now even more so with reduced prices).

Hope I read this puzzle correctly!

Last edited by ampere : 14th June 2012 at 09:53.
Old 14th June 2012, 09:52   #9935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I was also trying check the same when the 600 was released. I think the main difference was swivel LCD screen. That I think was not a major improvement then.

But looks like with 650D they are bringing in the 60D AF system which might be good. This hybrid AF system (continuous AF with live view) seems to be geared more for video rather than still. So from that point of view I think 550D is still worth it. (In fact now even more so with reduced prices).

Hope I read this puzzle correctly!
Yes that is my opinion too. it will be either 550D or 650D. with more than 300$ gap between them.

I ordered my 550D and waiting, but confused if the prices will only drop further because of 2 more new generation cameras. Too late for me though.
Old 14th June 2012, 09:56   #9936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Gentlemen, I seek permission to enter the club of DSLR owners. Finally went and bought a Sony A65, and mostly having fun shooting photomicrographs...Attachment 940867
...and panoramas that I don't have to stitch on a computer.

Congrats! Can you please share details on how do you shoot these micro photos? What are your first impressions on EVF and SLT?
Old 14th June 2012, 10:14   #9937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Congrats! Can you please share details on how do you shoot these micro photos? What are your first impressions on EVF and SLT?
Photomicrographs are shot using either a dedicated C-mount on the microscope (we have a Motic research microscope with a 52 mm adapter, I need a 55 mm adapter for this camera now, should get it in the not too distant future), or by simply holding the camera against one of the binocular eyepieces, turning off AF, and using the microscope's focussing system to get a sharp image (which is how the image I displayed was shot).

As to the EVF, I don't find it very different from a normal VF, except some amount of focussing adjustments can be done to suit photography without using spectacles. However, the flippable LCD screen is what I have been mostly using till now, mainly because on the microscope, it's impossible to look through the EVF and shoot. The sharpness preview zoom button helps a lot in this situation, when focussing the microscope.
Old 14th June 2012, 15:24   #9938
Senior - BHPian

Guys any online or usual shops where I can buy adapters?
I am looking for buying a Nikon M4/3 adapter.
Old 15th June 2012, 05:11   #9939
Senior - BHPian

Continuing from my post on page 661.

Spoke to Naresh and he says ~55K for Nikon D7000 body, is it a good deal especially if i use the lenses pictured in page 661 (A Nikon and a Tanron Lens). Or for 55K + a few more i can get a better new gen body and lens either in Canon or Nikon itself?
Old 15th June 2012, 06:18   #9940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live
Where do you live? Sorry location not seen on phone app

In Bangalore, you can get various adapters in a shop called Mysore Photo Emporium (same building as Jayeshs foto circle). Jayesh also stocks a lot of stuff.
RK photoguide (Naresh Raheja) also is a good place.
Old 15th June 2012, 09:43   #9941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Photomicrographs are shot using either a dedicated C-mount on the microscope (we have a Motic research microscope with a 52 mm adapter, I need a 55 mm adapter for this camera now, should get it in the not too distant future), or by simply holding the camera against one of the binocular eyepieces, turning off AF, and using the microscope's focussing system to get a sharp image (which is how the image I displayed was shot).

As to the EVF, I don't find it very different from a normal VF, except some amount of focussing adjustments can be done to suit photography without using spectacles. However, the flippable LCD screen is what I have been mostly using till now, mainly because on the microscope, it's impossible to look through the EVF and shoot. The sharpness preview zoom button helps a lot in this situation, when focussing the microscope.

Thanks for the info SS-Traveller. Can you tell me what's the dedicated C mount on the microscope you referred to? I have a C mount adapter for my camera, so wondering if I can use it with a microscope to take some high magnification photographs. Thank you in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I think ebay has a lot of these adapters. Check it out. I got a generic adapter (Rainbow imaging) last year but was not happy with it. It had some light leak issues. Eventually, ended up buying a metabones one and then couldn't pass up on a voightlander one. So, right now, I use the voightlander one and a friend has booked the metabones adapter from me. If you can source them from US, get the metabones adapter, it's worth it. I use generic adapters for the rest of my adapted lenses and they seem okay. Somehow, the light leak issue is just with the Nikon adapter.
Old 15th June 2012, 21:20   #9942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Oh yes, for video it is better to have 32GB.

DIY Macro lighting
Yesterday I made a DIY lighting setup for macro photography. The idea is fully based on the Pringles can DIY macro setup explained here. But I improved it a little bit.
Got it from youtobe?I too saw that video.did you try with butter paper?

Last edited by Samurai : 16th June 2012 at 00:12. Reason: avoid quoting the entire post.
Old 15th June 2012, 22:39   #9943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Got it from youtobe?I too saw that video.did you try with butter paper?
I had given the link in my post - from where I had got it. But several versions of the same technique are there. Now I have modified it to have the entire flash module inside the can through a hole, it is better because that itself holds the can to the camera. I have not tried with butter paper. The light is diffused using a thin white plastic sheet.

Another result, using A35 + 18-55mm + DCR250

Last edited by clevermax : 15th June 2012 at 22:49.
Old 16th June 2012, 00:25   #9944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Spoke to Naresh and he says ~55K for Nikon D7000 body, is it a good deal especially if i use the lenses pictured in page 661 (A Nikon and a Tanron Lens). Or for 55K + a few more i can get a better new gen body and lens either in Canon or Nikon itself?
55K seems ok for the D7000 body, the same is sold for $1100 in the USA. On the plus side you get 2 years warranty in India while its only 1 year in the USA.

If you are not in a hurry to buy a DSLR then I would say wait till the Photokina in September. There's a lot of rumours abt possible new launches from both Nikon and Canon.

Last edited by donarun : 16th June 2012 at 00:27.
Old 16th June 2012, 09:44   #9945
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Got Verbatim SDHC Class 10 32GB 16 Hours card for D3200. It takes more time to save the photo than Lexar SDHC Class 4 4GB card which came along with camera.

It takes almost 7 to 12 seconds before i can capture another picture.

I have formatted the card twice but still same.

Pls advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks