Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:54   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Production of even D80 is said to be stopped.
It is not available at all the well-known shops (JJ Mehta, Pixetra, Jayesh etc).
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:05   #1082
BHPian

The D80 has been officially discontinued after the D90 launch. The D60 hasnt as yet been officially discontinued, although its probably on the way out (possibly they have a replacement in the pipeline).
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:07   #1083
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Navin sir, Iv got the 40D and the bag in the image attached. Good quality and great lining, will accomodate a fair bit.Im looking for a small counterpart when Im walking around without kit.
Kata H-10 then. It will accomodate just a compact DSLR body and lenses.

What bag is the one in the pic you posted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Production of even D80 is said to be stopped.
It is not available at all the well-known shops (JJ Mehta, Pixetra, Jayesh etc).
Many lenses seem to be out of production too. Still looking for the Canon 28/1.8 and 85/1.8.
Old 22nd May 2009, 19:16   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Kata H-10 then. It will accomodate just a compact DSLR body and lenses.

What bag is the one in the pic you posted?
Wokies sir, should be ok for the 40d and 18-55 right? Will check it out

The bag is a in-store product of a chain of stores called "FotoFile" somewhat like our Gk.Vale. I compared with some of the branded stuff and found the stitching, inner lining to be of comparable quality so opted for this.
Old 22nd May 2009, 21:34   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Navin sir, Iv got the 40D and the bag in the image attached. Good quality and great lining, will accomodate a fair bit.

Im looking for a small counterpart when Im walking around without kit.

Good to know about Naresh, I will try and drop by there then.

You might wanna take a look at this:

Amazon.com: Kata DT-213 Comprehensive Sling Torso Pack: Electronics

I was considering it for a bit but then thought I should invest in a bigger one for future needs. Felt a little silly when I thought about it later coz I will end up carrying around a large bag with only my D90 and kit lens in it for a while (I bought the Kata 3N1-20)
Old 22nd May 2009, 22:01   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Lot of Kata H-10 users say the 40D doesnt sit well. So thats not an option... H14 is a tad pricy.

I think I will drop the idea of investing in another bag right now, broke scenarios!

Reason for wanting a small bag is for ergonomics and while trekking in treacherous terrain. I guess I can manage with what I have for now.
Old 24th May 2009, 04:26   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Navin sir, Iv got the 40D and the bag in the image attached. Good quality and great lining, will accomodate a fair bit.Im looking for a small counterpart when Im walking around without kit.
I came across some good Camera Bags in Metro in Kanakpura road. They are compact and cheap too. I had bought one from there during my last visit to Bangy 2 weeks back. It comes within 1k.
Old 24th May 2009, 10:21   #1088
BHPian

guys,

i'm looking for a D60 + 18-55 + 55-200 combination brand new or used. any suggestions for a good deal in bangalore?? please let me know if any of you guys sells out.

thanks
nishad
Old 24th May 2009, 13:11   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Rumor is that Nikon has stopped D60. Hence the price drop. Amazon Uk still shows it at 400 odd

Nikon D60 next to be discontinued? | Nikon Rumors
Currys dropped the price to £270 a few days ago. Back up in price now but it was not a mistake as lots of people bought them in store at the £270 price.
Old 24th May 2009, 14:48   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Currys dropped the price to £270 a few days ago. Back up in price now but it was not a mistake as lots of people bought them in store at the £270 price.

but currys still shows at GBP 349.99
Old 24th May 2009, 17:13   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
but currys still shows at GBP 349.99
Please read my post :

Quote:
Back up in price now but it was not a mistake as lots of people bought them in store at the £270 price.
The day I posted it was available for £270 they have put the price back up now but knowing them they will discount it again soon.
Old 25th May 2009, 12:56   #1092
Senior - BHPian

A newbie DSLR question; Is the hood a basic necessity ? If yes, is it supposed to be fitted only when the camera is used (whenever its out of the bag for shooting). Another doubt is about the UV filter on the lense, is it a must all the time ? If yes, what could be a better quality brand. I saw Marumi filter at the shop, but didnt want to buy without discussing it here. Is there any other accessories that are basic 'must' for a DSLR ? Presently I am with a D60 + 18-55 mm VR lense and an LCD protector.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:21   #1093
BHPian

@shajufx,

As I experienced, the hood apart from being useful in flares prevention, also helps in protecting the lens to an extent. I havent got hold of a clear filter, so have the UV always on, for front element protection from grime and dust. I have Marumi too, but cannot comment on its UV cutting effectiveness.

You should also be carrying the bubble blower, for a quick cleaning need. I read that an ear blower (yeah human ear blower) would be a better alternative, but havent settled for it yet.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:44   #1094
Senior - BHPian

@Shajufx,
Normally I keep a filter on the lens whenever I'm NOT using the lens( to keep off the dust or accidental damage). But while shooting I remove the UV filter and shoot. Somehow I feel that putting a cheap filter in front a state of the art piece of glass beats the purpose. But again that's just personal preference and many ppl shoot with the UV on and still get awesome photographs.
About the hood yes, better have it on while hanging the camera on your shoulder as that might help you in-case of unfortunate incidents.
Old 25th May 2009, 18:13   #1095
BHPian

" There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is! ~DeGriff "

As qouted, I may not always be able to capture those wonderful moments of life, but whenever possible, I wish to freeze the moment from running away,in the best way I can.
So is the reason I am into DSLR territory.

Upgraded today to a Canon 1000D from P&S A720IS.
Got a package of 1000D+18-55 NonIS lens as kit +Lowepro toploading V bag+Canon 50mm 1.8 Prime. All with bill and Indian warranty.
The whole package was bought for Rs.34995.
BTW, Canon also provided a Benetton Troley bag(M.R.P of 3499) as gift.

Wish me good photo(graph)s

Last edited by deetee : 25th May 2009 at 18:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks