Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2015, 11:52   #13681
Team-BHP Support

Re: The DSLR Thread

Is anyone using Adobe creative cloud on a rental basis? Can you use the subscription on multiple computers, say at home and office PC. What if one is mac and other is Windows?
Old 15th June 2015, 12:05   #13682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Is anyone using Adobe creative cloud on a rental basis? Can you use the subscription on multiple computers, say at home and office PC. What if one is mac and other is Windows?
Yes, it is possible, have it installed on a windows laptop and Mac with the same Adobe ID.
Old 26th June 2015, 13:27   #13683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I am more into landscape and portrait photography not concerned with much wildlife and sports photography. Options-
D750 from Nikon
Alpha 77 from Sony (have heard good reviews about mirror less tech)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I had a quick look at dpreview and the flickr photo pool for the D80, and was left impressed with the landscape and portrait shots.

Why do you want to upgrade at all ,only because it's a decade old and 10 MP ? Or are there other specific shortcomings you would like to address ?
The D750 would blow the D80 out of the water, assuming one shoots well with both, and has equivalent lenses Many say one can take a good shot with any camera, so why bother upgrading. Yes, one can, but that same good shot - in all but perfect conditions - can be much better when you have a better camera with significantly better sensor. And with the right lens, of course.

Personal experience. I used to shoot with a D90, and now shoot with a D7100. Meanwhile I have also shot a lot with the D810. I see a significant difference.

And for portraits and landscape, the cost of moving to a FX is not that much (compared to that for long lens shooters)

Arguments welcome lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
For landscapes an FX camera is definitely an upgrade.
. MF Wide angle primes such as 20/24/28mm F2.8 are available at a reasonable cost. On FX a 24mm will have the FOV of a 16mm on FX. So wour wides will be wide on FX.
. FX sensors have slightly better DR as well as lower noise at higher ISO compared to DX, a definite advantage.
Yep. The D750 sensor is fantastic for portraits and landscapes. And the tilt screen can lead to interesting angles.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 26th June 2015 at 13:31.
Old 26th June 2015, 13:45   #13684
BHPian

Hello guys. Sorry for intruding on this DSLR thread. I did post my query in the Mirrorless / EVIL camera thread but got no response.

My query is regarding the availability of Samsung NX 1000 lens or alternatively, NX compatible lenses. I have been looking all over the Internet as well as camera stores, but to no avail.

I presently have the stock 20-50 mm lens but that too has survived a nasty fall and is giving me intermittent problems.

Greatly appreciate if someone can post a reply.

Cheers!
Old 26th June 2015, 14:08   #13685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Hello guys. Sorry for intruding on this DSLR thread. I did post my query in the Mirrorless / EVIL camera thread but got no response.

My query is regarding the availability of Samsung NX 1000 lens or alternatively, NX compatible lenses. I have been looking all over the Internet as well as camera stores, but to no avail.

I presently have the stock 20-50 mm lens but that too has survived a nasty fall and is giving me intermittent problems.

Greatly appreciate if someone can post a reply.

Cheers!
Suggest you post your question on jjmehta.com forum; usually find all my photography related answers there.
Old 26th June 2015, 14:22   #13686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Suggest you post your question on jjmehta.com forum; usually find all my photography related answers there.
Thank you very much Surya. Will do that.

Cheers!
Old 26th June 2015, 14:35   #13687
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If you've already used up your trial month, they have recently reset the clock on trials for their 2015 versions (released just a few days back), so you could get another month free trial :

Name:  Adobe Capture.PNG
Views: 606
Size:  32.0 KB
Old 26th June 2015, 14:37   #13688
BHPian

Hi,

I bought Tamron 18-270 from flipkart. From last couple of months, it has developed a glitch. In auto-focus mode, lense does not focus and the entire assembly feels jammed. Any suggestions on how I should go about it?
Old 26th June 2015, 14:44   #13689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
I bought Tamron 18-270 from flipkart. From last couple of months, it has developed a glitch. In auto-focus mode, lense does not focus and the entire assembly feels jammed. Any suggestions on how I should go about it?
I have the same lens. Contact Tamron support, I suppose its still under warranty?
Old 26th June 2015, 15:00   #13690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I have the same lens. Contact Tamron support, I suppose its still under warranty?
If I remember correctly, it should have 5 yrs warranty. But I think I was supposed to register the product after purchase, unfortunately I didn't. Need to find that box and warranty papers in it.
Btw, How is your lense functioning? Are you satisfied with the product?
Old 26th June 2015, 15:05   #13691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
If I remember correctly, it should have 5 yrs warranty. But I think I was supposed to register the product after purchase, unfortunately I didn't. Need to find that box and warranty papers in it.
Btw, How is your lense functioning? Are you satisfied with the product?
This lens was sold with 2 yrs warranty in India. If you bought it on Flipkart, you can just retrieve the old invoice & register the lens online for warranty.

I am happy with the lens, its a great allrounder walkabout, with its known limitations of not being as fast to focus as the OEM lenses, lack of sharpness at long end & slight distortion around edges.
Old 28th June 2015, 17:35   #13692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Which would be better buy Nikon 5300 / 5500 18-140 vs canon d70 / d760 18-135 ,both I am getting at very good price from the distributor directly. Very confused pls help me make a informed decision.
finally ended with Canon 70d 18-135 , now need to start learning .Any pointers for good site online .
Old 28th June 2015, 18:00   #13693
BHPian

Quote:
finally ended with Canon 70d 18-135 , now need to start learning .Any pointers for good site online .
That's a good versatile lens. I believe you'll learn as you keep on shooting. To get off the block, understanding the effects of Triad ISO-Aperture-Shutter Speed would be required though. Just google it. There are innumerable sites that explain the effect of changing each of these parameters on the others.
Old 28th June 2015, 19:09   #13694
BHPian

Quote:
many forums exist for learning. "Better photography" is a good starting point. Mind sharing how much it cost you?
Old 28th June 2015, 19:31   #13695
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, register for Canon EDGE free photography workshop online on their forum after you register for warranty there. They also have good paid courses after the free basic one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks